Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 12:20 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
I'm from Pennsylvania and visited a friend in the Carlsbad area a few weeks ago and was stunned at what I saw. Years ago I was there and I thought it was amazing. It was like Heaven. I even thought about moving there myself. Thank God I didn't. My friend moved there from PA and is coming back. He regrets moving and tells me how he knows lots of people that moved to CA from all over the country and are moving back. There are no jobs at all, housing is insanely expensive, people are rude and so self-invovled, Mexicans are everywhere. I saw all of these things firsthand and was shocked. I'm not trying to trash your state, but you guys really need to get your act together. I saw Mexicans wearing shirts that showed a map of North America with the Mexican flag covering Mexico, California, and most of the southwest. I've personally heard Mexicans say stuff like "We own this state now" and nobody batted an eyelash. If a Mexican said that in Pittsburgh he'd end up laying in an alley with a bullet in his brain. And what's with all those weirdos demanding I sign some petition to support or oppose some proposition? How many freakin' propositions do you guys got??? And the Chargers being blacked out..pathetic. Hell, the weather isn't even that great anymore! I left Pittsburgh when it was 86 and sunny. It was 71 and sunny in San Diego. Meh. I'll stay where I'm at. It's just a shame that a once fantastic state has taken such a dramatic nosedive. I could see a craphole like New Jersey going downhill...but California?!??! What happened? How did it get to this???
Funny, my husband got lost in PA, Pittsburgh area and wondered how anyone could live in such a pit. That was his opinion. CA has been changing for the last couple of decades and I agree has become a nanny state for immigrants.
The politicians will never change and the idiot voters will always vote their interests and there has never been a bond measure they did not fall in love with. Sad but many other states, such as yours is following their example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 12:20 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
Actually the op is right on. California is mexifornia. The mexicans are crawling out of the woodwork & the illegals are openly stating they are illegal & law enforcement turns the other cheek. We are also being screwed big time by the worse legislature in ca history. I know ny & nj has a horrid legislature so ca ranks within the 3 worse in the nation. Its been 3 months & still no budget & jobs are scarce. I should know cause i cant find one. The yucaipa city council are as dumb as dirt & my local assemblyman paul cook is scared of his own shadow plus ca is LOADED with rude people. The public unions own the legislature & will own the next govenor.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:30 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
What is keeping you here, Mr. Steel7? I constantly see you slamming California while singing the praises of where you came from (somewhere in PA, I believe). Why don't you just GTFO?

Old 09-30-2010, 12:31 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
George Theodore Foster Owens?

Old 09-30-2010, 12:45 PM

783 posts, read 2,022,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
An hilarious post ... all this critique from a Pittsburgh point of view (!!??!!)

PITTSBURGH?
(really? - Pittsburgh?)
I wasn't trying to bash your area, but if you want to compare, ok. What's your unemployment rate? What's your crime rate? How much do you pay in taxes? How many of your neighbors are in foreclosure? Yeah, pittsburgh. Believe it or not, it's actually much, much better than CA. Things were far different in the 80s and even 90s. I've been to California in its hayday. I know what it once was. Keep dreaming if you think anyone is envious of you guys now. Enjoy the Mexican craphole that you created...just don't ask anyone else to bail out your failed, bankrupt state.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:00 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
I wasn't trying to bash your area, but if you want to compare, ok. What's your unemployment rate? What's your crime rate? How much do you pay in taxes? How many of your neighbors are in foreclosure? Yeah, pittsburgh. Believe it or not, it's actually much, much better than CA. Things were far different in the 80s and even 90s. I've been to California in its hayday. I know what it once was. Keep dreaming if you think anyone is envious of you guys now. Enjoy the Mexican craphole that you created...just don't ask anyone else to bail out your failed, bankrupt state.
Pittsburgh benefited from being bypassed by the real estate bubble which devastated California and its neighbors to the east.

However California's debt to GDP ratio is actually lower than the US's as a whole. I don't mean to minimize our state's fiscal and political problems because they are very severe - nor do I wish to minimize our state's economic problems which are utterly atrocious in the southern part of the state. But the US' fiscal situation according to some economists is worse than Greece's. And if we didn't have to send so much money out of the state to the feds and get little back in return our fiscal crisis would be nowhere near as bad.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:05 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,697,846 times
Since when did "Mexican" by itself become a derogatory term?

Old 09-30-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
Since when did "Mexican" by itself become a derogatory term?
Since Philadelphians started putting bullets in their brains for having opinions.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:14 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
I wasn't trying to bash your area, ... Enjoy the Mexican craphole that you created...just don't ask anyone else to bail out your failed, bankrupt state.
You weren't trying to bash California? Our "Mexican craphole", "failed, bankrupt state"?

My bad

(pittsburgh? - really?)

Old 09-30-2010, 01:20 PM

According to Pennsylvania logic (yes, I know, an oxymoron) the failure of the Federal government to enforce the security of the Southern border is now "the Mexican craphole that you created".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California