Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 07:06 PM

464 posts, read 1,111,016 times

Advertisements

I wonder, how much of other peoples money has the Unions spent to get Brown elected?

As much as I think Meg will fail if elected, at least she isn't spending other peoples money. You know, Unions got a sweet deal where they get "FAIR SHARE" from non-members...so they steal my money and use it to get people I don't like elected. Yeah, boo Meg for spending your own money! Boo!

I swear....more proof California is beyond repair...mentally and physically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 07:25 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown11 View Post
I wonder, how much of other peoples money has the Unions spent to get Brown elected?

As much as I think Meg will fail if elected, at least she isn't spending other peoples money. You know, Unions got a sweet deal where they get "FAIR SHARE" from non-members...so they steal my money and use it to get people I don't like elected. Yeah, boo Meg for spending your own money! Boo!

I swear....more proof California is beyond repair...mentally and physically.
and I wonder if he still drives his Plymoth Valient (spelling)?

Old 10-05-2010, 07:28 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,156,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
It's coup d'etat, and it's an important distinction, because it literally means "capture of state." It's a very apt term for what she's trying to do. Why would she run up a 9-digit bill to get elected, if not because she expected to benefit from graft and corruption far in excess of what she spent? There's no way in hell I'm going to believe that a former CEO has the welfare of the state in mind.
You're nuts. She has tons of money and needs no more. She's doing this because she thinks she can make a difference. Maybe she can, maybe she can't.

I think CA is so messed up though that no governor can change it much unless they can convince the voters that THEY need to change. But California voters think it is important to have drivers license forms in 30 languages.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:42 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
From an observier who doesn't have a dog in this fight: California has had plenty of Jerry Brown's politics, plenty. What has he done to improve the lives of Californians other than those on death row? Tell me?

My state is getting WAY too many transplants coming from California because of the high taxes and the high unemployment. Y'all have outpriced the ability of the average American to live in an urban area earning an average wage. Luckily for those fleeing California, the American dream can be found elsewhere.

Please, I implore of you, FIX YOUR STATE so that we don't get more Californians in mine. They bring with them the same failed political ideologies that messed up California. FIX YOUR STATE so these transplants go back to California! Please!

Clue: Jerry Brown is no more the answer than was the Governator! Put someone in office who knows how to create jobs and run an organization. Someone who will attract economic success to your state again rather than run it off.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:20 PM

434 posts, read 848,777 times
Well it's been a couple of days since your last attack Witman thread so I guess it's time for you guys to conjure up another pro Jerry Brown discussion. But your efforts are so transparent.

How many votes do you actually think you will influence on this forum? Not many I'd say.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:26 PM

464 posts, read 1,111,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by native56 View Post
Well it's been a couple of days since your last attack Witman thread so I guess it's time for you guys to conjure up another pro Jerry Brown discussion. But your efforts are so transparent.

How many votes do you actually think you will influence on this forum? Not many I'd say.
Exactly...everyone here already has an opinion that cannot be changed. We just shout at each other.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:30 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
My state is getting WAY too many transplants coming from California because of the high taxes and the high unemployment.

Please, I implore of you, FIX YOUR STATE so that we don't get more Californians in mine. They bring with them the same failed political ideologies that messed up California. FIX YOUR STATE so these transplants go back to California! Please!
Blaming Californians for the problems in Missouri?

Old 10-05-2010, 11:45 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
First off, we don't have coup-de-tas,
Guys, "coup-de-tas" don't exist, period. It's "coup d'etat". It's French. Etat is the French wort for "state" - i.e., "overthrow of the state".

Old 10-05-2010, 11:54 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,409,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Guys, "coup-de-tas" don't exist, period. It's "coup d'etat". It's French. Etat is the French wort for "state" - i.e., "overthrow of the state".
I know the phrase, I was mocking the use of the term and its spelling. Perhaps I should have used quotation marks. Maybe you can school me on French "wort" sometime. I'd like to hear more about those.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:52 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
So as we close into November and looking at the latest poll numbers, it seems like Meg Whitman has completely wasted a tremendous amount of her own money in an coup-de-ta attempt at our state house.

Anybody else think her money would of been better spent on a face lift, botox, and a hair transplant?
Hmmm, maybe she wasted the same amount of her money as the various CA public employee unions wasted on Jerry Brown. And I mean wasted not in the sense of seeing that he wins, but wasted in pushing the wrong governor who could get California out of this fiscal crisis.

The union's money, by the way, is OUR money to begin with. I don't care (except for amusement) when Whitman spends her money. I DO care when the unions take money out of my wallet and out of my kid's schools, and use it to fund losers.

But you know what? Brown will probably win. Then let's revisit this thread four years from now when CA turns into a third world country and see who was right after all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California