Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 11:25 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
Which was like over half a century ago. Thanks for keeping things relevant. Not that taxation had anything to do with the conversation, but clearly you like to hear yourself speak.

I find it amusing that because I oppose Brown for governor, it is automatically assumed that I must be a registered Republican. Oh wait, that's right, I'm conversing with one-dimensional partisan hacks. The left-right paradigm is the only world view that you have.
You seem to be getting frustrated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 11:27 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,695,886 times
Quote:
Which was like over half a century ago. Thanks for keeping things relevant. Not that taxation had anything to do with the conversation, but clearly you like to hear yourself speak.

I find it amusing that because I oppose Brown for governor, it is automatically assumed that I must be a registered Republican. Oh wait, that's right, I'm conversing with one-dimensional partisan hacks. The left-right paradigm is the only world view that you have.
Join the club. In another thread, I was labeled as being a Conservative and that California is the wrong state for me to be in (despite the fact that I have been here my entire life) when I expressed my opinion that the state has gone far too liberal.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:30 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,409,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
You seem to be getting frustrated!
Nah, just sitting back watching you make a fool of yourself. While you own yourself just about every time your post, sometimes I'm kind enough to do it for you anyway.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:30 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,377,931 times
Quote:
I like how you only list the executive branch. Your research isn't very good. You continue to prove that you don't know what you're talking about.
Isn't this thread about the executive branch? Why would I venture off into the legislative in a thread about the governors?

Unlike most, I don't vote on party lines. When Whitman first started running I was strongly considering voting for her. Then slowly I began learning more about her. Finding out that she hasn't ever voted is a pretty good indicator she doesn't care much for politics or the state of California. Seeing that she had an illegal working for her for 8 years shows she's not serious about stopping illegal immigration (if you believe she didn't know "Nicky" was illegal I have some beach front property in Arizona I'd like to sell you). And finally, she got completely owned in the Sacramento debate against Brown and that is when Brown solidified my vote. She used redundant talking points and was repeatedly asked by the journalist to go back and actually answer the question. She had no good answer for how she was going to solve the late budget problems so they actually get completed on time. She had no convincing answer for how she was going to fund her proposed measures for combating illegal immigration. She had no specifics for removing "red tape" except for the repeal of the $800 business start up tax. Sure that's a start, but an $800 business tax cut is really going to get CA back on track? Much more needs to be done than that. She just really looked like she didn't know what she was doing up there, and she was so bad, she actually made Jerry Brown shine, and that's pretty hard to do.

The only thing Brown faulted on in that debate was the question about green technologies. He had no answer for how he was going to prevent environmental policies in CA from cutting jobs and being a financial hardship to businesses. That's the only thing I didn't like about his debate.

And that, my dear kids, is how someone should approach an election. Most of you are simply looking either the (D) or (R) in front the candidates name.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Join the club. In another thread, I was labeled as being a Conservative and that California is the wrong state for me to be in (despite the fact that I have been here my entire life) when I expressed my opinion that the state has gone far too liberal.
Must be his "tolerance" and "open-mindedness" getting the best of him.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
Isn't this thread about the executive branch? Why would I venture off into the legislative in a thread about the governors?
I was generally speaking and you know it.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Nah, just sitting back watching you make a fool of yourself. While you own yourself just about every time your post, sometimes I'm kind enough to do it for you anyway.
You like to take pot shots at people yet never offer any contributions to the discussion other than reactions. That's why people think you are a Republican; not very brainy.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
You like to take pot shots at people yet never offer any contributions to the discussion other than reactions. That's why people think you are a Republican; not very brainy.
Going by your logic above, that means you must be a Republican also.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Going by your logic above, that means you must be a Republican also.
You shouldn't put down your own party so much. But polls do show that California Republicans have a very unfavorable opinion of the GOP so I guess it is contagious.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
You shouldn't put down your own party so much. But polls do show that California Republicans have a very unfavorable opinion of the GOP so I guess it is contagious.
LOL. I guess you also figured out I must be a secret Republican!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California