Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 10:52 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,074,469 times

Advertisements

I'm not broke.

Want to see an economic disaster? Go to Ohio or Michigan. My wife and I are both educated and couldn't find good work in Ohio that paid more than 35k a year in our fields.

California? We're well over 100k and have loved our 3 years here. We own a home, have explored the countryside and plan to retire here.

Economic distress is relative. California needs to fix the way they're spending money, but all of this Armageddon talk is entirely overstated. No matter where you live, you need to get educated and apply yourself. And if a great job offer greets you in another state, take it. We only came to California because of a job offer and not because we were chasing some idealistic dream we had concocted in our heads. We would have went to almost any other state as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 10:54 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,648,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Please don't shoot the messenger. I also post equally negative articles regarding Las Vegas and Phoenix. I personally love San Diego and consider it paradise (if I could afford it).

California Is Broke – 19 Reasons Why It May Be Time For Everyone To Leave The State Of California For Good
Look at your source, buy gold and MRE's and hide in your bunker, t
ake this bunk with you

Old 10-24-2010, 09:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Ca will never go bankrupt.
And they said the Titantic was too big to sink.

You have impoverished illegals pouring into that state, and taxpayers are leaving the state. The illegals have sky high birth rates but of course depend on government programs paid by taxpayers. The elite liberals of California want unlimited numbers of dirt cheap servants that must be subsidized by the taxpayers. At some point it's just not going to work.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:10 AM

81 posts, read 176,420 times
I'm really tired of seeing these articles claiming "the end is near" or "the inevitable collapse of California." The only purpose of articles like these is to draw readers in by playing on their fear. 10 years down the road, 50 years down the road, 100 years down the road California will still be here and the end still will not have come. The United States as a whole is hurting economically. I'm not denying that California is hurting more than most, but by no means is California going to "collapse." The media loves to spin a story to make it appear much worse than it actually is. They hope that readers will buy into it, and judging by some of these posts, a lot of people do.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:12 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,759,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And they said the Titantic was too big to sink.

You have impoverished illegals pouring into that state, and taxpayers are leaving the state. The illegals have sky high birth rates but of course depend on government programs paid by taxpayers. The elite liberals of California want unlimited numbers of dirt cheap servants that must be subsidized by the taxpayers. At some point it's just not going to work.

It's not just legal and illegal immigrants it's Americans too. There are Americans who practically get paid to have children. Out of work, don't want to or can't go to School, no money for rent, no problem have a kid to stay out of a shelter and get your own private apartment with food stamps and extra food from food banks.

I hear from people who have relatives in Florida that they are trying to get out but can't sell their homes. The cost of living has gone up so much they just can't afford to live there anymore.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:22 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,054,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I bet you can find a Jesus in your neighborhood. You're just not trying hard enough.
I can easily find Jesus in my neighborhood. He mows my lawn every Thursday.

I sure hope he's legal.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:30 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,648,910 times
Didn't several NEW Auto plants open in California lately?
They are recovering faster than a lot of other states.

I think the Truthiness of the Bobbleheads is that California is like a depression area tent city and they can't accept that it isn't

Old 10-24-2010, 05:26 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,321,678 times
I kinda wish everyone would leave LOL

Old 10-24-2010, 05:43 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,184,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I kinda wish everyone would leave LOL
Totally unconstitutional but it would be great if CA could charge a $5,000 inbound relocation tax and provide a $5,000 outbound relocation credit.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:49 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,321,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Totally unconstitutional but it would be great if CA could charge a $5,000 inbound relocation tax and provide a $5,000 outbound relocation credit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California