Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 09:46 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,398 times

Advertisements

I didn't vote for either meg or brown. I think they both suck. But at least there'd be some impetus on Meg to do the opposite of the spending majority in the legislature. Just by the virtue of being in the opposite party.

With Jerry it's going to be an express train to the oblivion, I fear...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 09:52 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by native56 View Post
Well if they hit us with a big enough tax on driving it will free up the roads a little. Californians don't like mass transit, but if you make it unaffordable for them to use their private cars then they will have no choice but to use the bus or whatever. I took the bus from OC to Encino once. It took 2 1/2 hours including a change of busses where they dropped me off on a street corner in downtown LA to wait for another bus. Mass transit sucks. I want my car. I'm sure Jerry Brown will be sympathetic to my desires.
I'd be happy to use the bus to go to work, and I almost started to, until the fare made it more expensive for me to ride the bus than drive. The bus is an express (all freeway, only pick-up and drop off at park-and-ride lots)that goes from Chino to downtown LA, only I go to City of Industry (from Chino lot), where the bus drops me off a few blocks from work. Fare: $4.40, one way. $8.80 per day x 5 = $44/wk. I spend $30/wk on gas when I drive.

I was considering riding the bus 3 days a week, until I saw an article about the financial impact Foothill Transit. In the article were a list of routes that will possibly be shut down, including my route. Dammit.

CA can't do public transit right. Just can't.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:54 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,695,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Have you ever looked at the number of toll roads around Orlando Florida? I have because I used to live there and we had a couple of them back then. Now they have a bunch more. Why does Orlando have so many toll roads? - Yahoo! Answers

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Wow. I am so heartbroken by Yahoo's answer page submitted by high school and college students. Yes, the truth really hurts.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:15 AM

434 posts, read 848,822 times
What will Jerry Brown do about illegal immigration? He was major of Oakland which is a sanctuary city. Will he turn the entire state of California into a sanctuary city?

Brown and the Democrat legislature will give lots and lots of freebies to the illegals regardless of our budget crisis. They want to buy the illegals loyalty and turn them into Democrat voters. How much more of this can we stand?

Old 10-31-2010, 10:56 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,695,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by native56 View Post
What will Jerry Brown do about illegal immigration? He was major of Oakland which is a sanctuary city. Will he turn the entire state of California into a sanctuary city?

Brown and the Democrat legislature will give lots and lots of freebies to the illegals regardless of our budget crisis. They want to buy the illegals loyalty and turn them into Democrat voters. How much more of this can we stand?
Brown and Whitman both caters to what the majority of Californians want for illegal immigrants; amnesty. The illegal immigrants are so entwined with California's economy that it still end up being a disaster, even though we may think it would offset the ridiculous amount of taxpayer money spent on them.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:25 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
I think the state should first offer amnesty to those illegals who have legal family members here who will sponser them. That would be a good place to start.

They could also strengthen the guest worker program for those who work in the fields but have no intention of living here permanently.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:48 PM

516 posts, read 375,611 times
This Jerry Brown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIlzYD4tk78

Old 11-02-2010, 09:23 AM

434 posts, read 848,822 times
We can be sure that Jerry Brown will support all forms of amnesty. California will welcome illegals with open arms. Brown and the Democrat legislature will give illlegals lots of tax money in order to make them loyal Democrat voters.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:19 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
You can be sure that Meg Whitman only cares about Meg Whitman. That's why she didn't vote for years, why her "charitable giving" doesn't exist, why she's never gotten involved in any cause other than making money for Meg.

The only reason she cares about you is because she wants your vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California