Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 01:07 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times

Advertisements

Here is this Monday's music listings: Los Angeles Events Date: Mon Nov 1st - Los Angeles Entertainment Guide

Notice that the Cobalt Cafe has 7 different bands playing.

Now link me to something like that in Austin.

Old 10-31-2010, 01:18 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Here is this Monday's music listings: Los Angeles Events Date: Mon Nov 1st - Los Angeles Entertainment Guide

Notice that the Cobalt Cafe has 7 different bands playing.

Now link me to something like that in Austin.
Just as I thought, look at this damage control. LMAO. Any fool can post some list of local events.

Here, I can do it too! Your post here doesn't make your argument in the slightest. Admit to yourself that you made a culturally ignorant comment and drop the discussion.

Old 10-31-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
Just as I thought, look at this damage control. LMAO. Any fool can post some list of local events.

Here, I can do it too! Your post here doesn't make your argument in the slightest. Admit to yourself that you made a culturally ignorant comment and drop the discussion.
That's a list of every concert in Austin FOR MONTHS! Some of them are NEXT YEAR!! Show me the list for MONDAY NIGHT 11/1/10.

I was specific. You are trying to generalize your point thinking that that's enough to make it relevant, but it's not.

Oh, here is the list for Monday night: http://events.austin360.com/search?a...swhen=Tomorrow
Four bands for the entire city. And you call that a "music capital"?

Old 10-31-2010, 02:25 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,004 times
Quote:
That's a list of every concert in Austin FOR MONTHS! Some of them are NEXT YEAR!! Show me the list for MONDAY NIGHT 11/1/10.

I was specific. You are trying to generalize your point thinking that that's enough to make it relevant, but it's not.

Oh, here is the list for Monday night: Search Results - Music - Austin360.com | Austin American-Statesman
Four bands for the entire city. And you call that a "music capital"?
One website says it all, doesn't it? I was mocking you when I posted that, not that I expected you to pick up on it. More of your damage control here. LMAO.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...usic_of_Austin

Old 10-31-2010, 02:34 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
We don't have to bring up the economy. The numbers speak for themselves. Californians have been moving to Texas in DROVES. Not the other way around. Why? Because we have jobs, money, and houses people actually can afford. While your sitting near the pacific ocean and wouldn't DARE to be anywhere else you are also cramped in a $2000 studio apartment that regularly gets furniture dirty from black smog or gets shaken by earthquakes or even gets burned by the Santa Ana winds. Meanwhile that same rent could have paid for a 2 story-5 bedroom home in Texas. Beaches? Corpus Christi & Galveston have incredible beaches. White sand, clean waters, breathtaking and peaceful landscapes, and almost EMPTY. That's been my beach experience in Texas. And I have lived in the state with the best beaches in the world. Florida! The only thing California has us beat by is waves. You have bigger waves. So what. Like I said before CA is congested, jobless, bankrupt, illegally inhabited, morally corrupt, and continuously losing it's middle class families. Everyone knows you get more bang for your buck in Texas. We have a first class living standard and much higher quality of life than California. That's why half of CA natives live here.
Sorry dude, I have to call you on the "beautiful beaches" comment. Texas beaches are ok at best. Galveston is ugly, Corpus is......ok if you like to fish. If you go on spring break or summer they are very crowded. The Pacific is much prettier. There's alot of things Texas does well, but the beaches are just ok. Nothing awe inspiring.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:35 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Hey UB50 - Maybe you should compare Austin to Sacramento instead of LA - which is 4-5 times Austin's size.

Why is the US's largest music industry event (SXSW) in Austin instead of California?

When and where in California is there something close to the Austin City Limits Music Festival?

One day's lineup:

ACL 2010

But your arguments are silly. LA is a world class entertainment city. It should be with its history and population. Do you want to brag about its air quality too?

I like this stat the best:

2.3 million unemployed in California.
1.1 million unemployed in Texas.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:04 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Hey UB50 - Maybe you should compare Austin to Sacramento instead of LA - which is 4-5 times Austin's size.

Why is the US's largest music industry event (SXSW) in Austin instead of California?

When and where in California is there something close to the Austin City Limits Music Festival?

One day's lineup:

ACL 2010

But your arguments are silly. LA is a world class entertainment city. It should be with its history and population. Do you want to brag about its air quality too?

I like this stat the best:

2.3 million unemployed in California.
1.1 million unemployed in Texas.
Cal doesn't need anything that is close to Austin City Limits Music Festival,
LA has enough entertainment.

Air Quality joke again, please people that was so late 20th century. How about you come back with something that is still considered an insult.

I love Austin but don't come here dissing LA about its air quality. You can insult Sacramento all you want, but find something else for LA.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:10 PM

LA is a world class entertainment city. I used to work in pro audio and the only city really close is London. Yeah, Nashville is headquarters for Country and NYC and Atlanta have some music biz (Austin is really way down there, but maybe ahead of Miami). LA is tops in this country.

So... I stand by what I said. When it comes to arts and culture, California is better than Texas.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post

One day's lineup:

ACL 2010
How about Coachella? Coachella (neat time-lapse video)
Schedule is here: Coachella - Official News (http://www.coachella.com/updates/news/2010lineup - broken link)

Old 10-31-2010, 05:01 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
LA is a world class entertainment city. I used to work in pro audio and the only city really close is London. Yeah, Nashville is headquarters for Country and NYC and Atlanta have some music biz (Austin is really way down there, but maybe ahead of Miami). LA is tops in this country.
Los Angeles is BETA world class. Dallas is as well! And FYI, New York drop kicks California in anything besides Hollywood. Please.

Quote:
So... I stand by what I said. When it comes to arts and culture, California is better than Texas.
What culture is this you speak of?!! Drugs, illegals, plastic surgery, abundance of poor people, gangs, dirty streets, filthy industry, mafias, no jobs, no cash?!! LOL!! California is known as the state with the fakest people in the U.S.!! Everyone outside of CA can testify that! You think CA is all that when really California doesn't hold a candle to Texas, New York, or Florida!! Because unlike yall, we got cash, class, and integrity to match!! Please go home to Santa Crap-ia, California and change those pampers!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California