Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 11:49 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
First let me preface this by saying that I have never used marijuana, never even seen it in person, and I have no intention of ever using it.

Now, in light of Prop 19, I just wanted to throw out this study released in the UK regarding drugs and which drugs were the most harmful to society at large.

Apparently its not crack, or heroine, or marijuana.

Its alcohol, which is perfectly legal.

Alcohol Is The Most Dangerous Drug, Worse Than Heroine And Nearly 4 Times Worse Than Pot
Our local DA has been saying this for years, but everyone's so hung up on pot politics they don't listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 11:50 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
That whole making alcohol illegal stuff sure did work the last time we tried it, didn't it?
You're right, it didn't work. And yet lives are still being claimed due to alcohol poisoning, DUI's.....

Old 11-01-2010, 11:53 AM

312 posts, read 502,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
You're right, it didn't work. And yet lives are still being claimed due to alcohol poisoning, DUI's.....
Self responsibility and tougher laws. Make a first DUI offense a 10 year prison sentence. Lets see who takes a chance at driving drunk then. If you're stupid enough to drink yourself into a coma well.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:55 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Land View Post
Exactly, who cares if people do drugs anymore? If somebody is dumb enough to start smoking crack or shooting up heroin let them!! Who cares, why enforce it? Build a large compound for the hardcore users and let them either choose to get treatment or just supply them with a life time supply of dope and let them live their life high on the compound. Why do we need to baby everybody like this?
I watched something some years ago about a park in Switzerland that was full of heroin addicts. What they did was started handing out needles and heroin in ever decreasing doses. This turned out to be cheaper than "fighting a war on drugs". Two years after they stared that program, that park was completely clean and free of drugs and families were using it. But god forbid we actually learn something from a European country, even when it works.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
The whole thing now is making the legal drinking age to 18. If you can buy tobacco, go to war, and play the lottery at 18 then you should be able to drink too.
This is frighteningly what I've always said word for word. Even the order I say it in

Old 11-01-2010, 11:56 AM

312 posts, read 502,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I watched something some years ago about a park in Switzerland that was full of heroin addicts. What they did was started handing out needles and heroin in ever decreasing doses. This turned out to be cheaper than "fighting a war on drugs". Two years after they stared that program, that park was completely clean and free of drugs and families were using it. But god forbid we actually learn something from a European country, even when it works.
Exactly, not only that it decreases the HIV contraction rate.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:00 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
This is what alcohol and tobacco prohibition would accomplish: The generation of massive black market economies as well as massive growth of organized crime. The use of tobacco and alcoholic beverages are rivaled only by the pursuit of sex as something the human race has practiced since we left the trees and started walking on two legs.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Land View Post
Exactly, not only that it decreases the HIV contraction rate.
That's another thing I forgot to mention.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:51 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
The use of tobacco and alcoholic beverages are rivaled only by the pursuit of sex as something the human race has practiced since we left the trees and started walking on two legs.
Pursuit of food might rival pursuit of tobacco/alcohol.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:01 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Let everything become legal. Then teach your kids in the home how these products ruin peoples life. Teach them that they don't need to drink, smoke, take a pill, snort something to be happy. Teach your kids that true happiness doesn't come from an outside source. For those that choose to partake that is their choice. For me and my kids that choice is made for now. Maybe when my kids are out of the home they will decide that they want to try something. That will be their choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California