Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:05 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,023,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC6ZLV View Post
We could start another very long thread about unreasonable Supreme Court rulings.

We are told this is to protect us from from foreign terrorists. of course we can't say they are Islamic or Middle Eastern because that would be profiling. So, everyone is subject to search, which is unreasonable based on the fact that the problem lies within Islamic terrorism. You aren't going to prevent an Islamic terrorist from blowing up a plane by searching and interrogating Mrs Soccer Mom and her three children at the airport. Doing so is simply wasting everyone's time and costing the taxpayers a lot of money.

And you can count me as in favour of profiling foreigners from select countries in the name of national security. If the people from other corners don't like it they don't like it there are other places they can go to.
I'm no fan of Muslims either, but you do know there are a lot of white, blonde, blue-eyed Muslims too, right? You just don't knows which one has the explosives up their rectums - the dark ones or the light ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 08:40 AM

581 posts, read 1,171,866 times
The underwear bomber was african, the shoe bomber was half-white/half jamaican. you cant profile terrorists.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:57 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,409,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
35,000 images stored in a system that was not supposed to store any at all.

Leaked U.S. Marshal body scan images revealed - Technology & science - Security - msnbc.com
Gee, imagine our shock. Why, we just didn't see this coming!

Old 11-17-2010, 09:29 AM

1,465 posts, read 5,145,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
Gee, imagine our shock. Why, we just didn't see this coming!
I agree

With a government with such low credibility among Americans, I wish they would quit lying. Nobody trusts them anymore.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:50 AM

963 posts, read 3,032,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
So next thing, TSA has a directive that all people who want to fly must undergo a colonoscopy.

Well at least it might lead to a reduction of colon cancer.
More likely, routine full-body scanning will result in an increased incidence of it.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:22 AM

2,511 posts, read 6,295,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I'm no fan of Muslims either, but you do know there are a lot of white, blonde, blue-eyed Muslims too, right? You just don't knows which one has the explosives up their rectums - the dark ones or the light ones.
Where did I state anything about what they look like? And that statement doesn't justify anything. I could as easily justify prohibiting people from owning cars because you are much more likely to get killed in a car accident than a terrorist attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ay jayy View Post
The underwear bomber was african, the shoe bomber was half-white/half jamaican. you cant profile terrorists.
What I'm trying to get people in favour of the nonsense security measures to understand is although the security risk is there it is extremely low in comparison to other potential dangers. You are much more likely to get killed in a car accident, attacked by a dog, or become a victim of a violent crime. Gosh, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the risk of someone being murdered in this country is hundreds of times greater than a terrorist attack.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:57 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,164,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
If he has two brain cells to rub together I'm sure he knew about the current security measures. I smell a 15 minutes of fame rat. I have no issue with full body scans and if I did I wouldn't get worked up over a thorough pat down. Much rather have that than be blown up into dog kibble by some bomb carrying nut.

I smell fame rat too. Frankly, there is no "right to fly." I'm tired of idiots like this sucking up TV airtime.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:42 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,023,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC6ZLV View Post
Where did I state anything about what they look like? And that statement doesn't justify anything. I could as easily justify prohibiting people from owning cars because you are much more likely to get killed in a car accident than a terrorist attack.

What I'm trying to get people in favour of the nonsense security measures to understand is although the security risk is there it is extremely low in comparison to other potential dangers. You are much more likely to get killed in a car accident, attacked by a dog, or become a victim of a violent crime. Gosh, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the risk of someone being murdered in this country is hundreds of times greater than a terrorist attack.
I responded to your statements in a logical manner. Your counter-post makes absolutely no sense.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:51 AM

3,241 posts, read 6,294,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda-by-the-sea View Post
More likely, routine full-body scanning will result in an increased incidence of it.
That's what UCSF professor John Sedat is saying.

"Air travelers over 65 years old are especially susceptible to the "mutagenic effects of the X-rays," they say, as are HIV and cancer patients, children and adolescents, pregnant women, and men (because the X-rays can penetrate skin and put the testicles "at risk for sperm mutagenesis"). Eyes could also be at risk because X-rays can penetrate the cornea. "

Biochemist says 'naked' X-ray scanner may be unsafe | Privacy Inc. - CNET News

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...jph-letter.pdf

Old 11-18-2010, 07:57 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,638,166 times
For what it's worth...

Several local District Attorneys have put the Bay Area TSA on notice they will vigorously prosecute inspectors that cross the line...

On a side note... I work with a number of Ophthalmologist and they are concerned how radiation exposure affects the cornea...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California