Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 08:02 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Californias bond rating hasnt been lowered recently has it?
Be patient, it will not be long. When Moody's, S & P, and Fitch rate California muni issues as junk, then for sure the final phase of the financial collapse is very near.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 08:32 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Quote:
Not this time. Times change, and this old saying should be tossed. Three weeks ago, while most of the rest of the nation rejected Marxism, California embraced it.
Another fear based post (it sure ain't based on any form of facts!) The bogeyman this time is "Marxism".

When I was in torpedo school in the 60's in San Diego, our instructors would sometimes go off on unrelated tangents, one of their favorites was that the Marxists had sleeper agents in all power plants in America, and on a signal from Moscow, they would shut down power throughout the nation, thus allowing the commies to take over the nation. I suppose that those sleeper agents have all retired from the power plants and are living on their fat pensions and driving around the country in their RV's

Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,399,956 times
Who is John Galt?

Old 06-01-2012, 10:17 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Ayn Rand's paramour fantasy ... but never mind Galt, this thread concept is a bit amusing. Coincidental to this reappearing here after a couple years in the attic, I bumped into another thread on another forum railing about how stupid California is, how much financial danger it is in, and sub-titled with the same reference to Greece as a comparable for failure.

Of course the parallel to Greece is far-fetched, given that California has resources exponentially beyond anything Greece enjoys. California still running at about the 8th largest world economy, compared to Greece at about 35th. The indigestion caused by the national housing bubble -- none of which was caused by California politics or management -- will get better slowly and painful cramping will subside. And that should cure a lot of the flatulence occurring on this forum.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:37 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Ayn Rand's paramour fantasy ... but never mind Galt, this thread concept is a bit amusing. Coincidental to this reappearing here after a couple years in the attic, I bumped into another thread on another forum railing about how stupid California is, how much financial danger it is in, and sub-titled with the same reference to Greece as a comparable for failure.

Of course the parallel to Greece is far-fetched, given that California has resources exponentially beyond anything Greece enjoys. California still running at about the 8th largest world economy, compared to Greece at about 35th. The indigestion caused by the national housing bubble -- none of which was caused by California politics or management -- will get better slowly and painful cramping will subside. And that should cure a lot of the flatulence occurring on this forum.
No it won't. Come on, have you learned nothing being on C-D? If California were in really good financial shape, then these same people would have twisted some intellectually retarded logic out of their heads and accuse California for doing well because it's somehow robbing the other states or some crap like that. Listen to me very carefully, IT DOES NOT MATTER what CA does. Those who hate the state do so because as a rule, the state does not align itself with their ideology, period. No matter what they try to tell you. All these CA gloom and doom threads are just the same song being covered by different people again and again.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
No it won't. Come on, have you learned nothing being on C-D? If California were in really good financial shape, then these same people would have twisted some intellectually retarded logic out of their heads and accuse California for doing well because it's somehow robbing the other states or some crap like that. Listen to me very carefully, IT DOES NOT MATTER what CA does. Those who hate the state do so because as a rule, the state does not align itself with their ideology, period. No matter what they try to tell you. All these CA gloom and doom threads are just the same song being covered by different people again and again.
Your reality is so harsh.
And I was SO hoping we could soon turn our attention back to vilifying those horrid Canadians, as it should be ...

Old 06-01-2012, 01:05 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Yes, because factual economic indicators, deficits, unemployment, and financial issues are a joke to be disregarded. You either understand what's going on or you don't.. If you don't, when the expected outcome of such issues come in the near future, you'll just be one of those people saying : I wonder how we got here. Sorry, when i plan my future and life, I don't live w/ my head in the sand and its obvious that those who do hate it when its pulled out. Put it back in. Plug up your ears and enjoy the future.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 06-01-2012 at 01:14 PM..

Old 06-01-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Yes, because factual economic indicators, deficits, unemployment, and financial issues are a joke to be disregarded. You either understand what's going on or you don't.. If you don't, when the expected outcome of such issues come in the near future, you'll just be one of those people saying : I wonder how we got here. Sorry, when i plan my future and life, I don't put my head in the sand.
No, you certainly don't ... we all read where you put it ...

Old 06-01-2012, 01:18 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,495 times

Old 06-01-2012, 01:30 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Yes, because factual economic indicators, deficits, unemployment, and financial issues are a joke to be disregarded. You either understand what's going on or you don't.. If you don't, when the expected outcome of such issues come in the near future, you'll just be one of those people saying : I wonder how we got here. Sorry, when i plan my future and life, I don't live w/ my head in the sand and its obvious that those who do hate it when its pulled out. Put it back in. Plug up your ears and enjoy the future.
This all sounds really good but I cannot take seriously the comparison of California to Greece. Greece is a sovereign nation. California is a sub-national entity. It's not like if the state "falls off of the proverbial cliff" that it will just be on it's own. If California goes, so will the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California