Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Texas?
I hate Texas because of the backwards politics, heat, humidity etc 17 42.50%
I think it's a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there! 8 20.00%
I like the state but not the politics 7 17.50%
Other (please explain) 8 20.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 12:33 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,449,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
And which part of the state did you visit exactly?

Sounds like you did not even visit the state since your statement lacks details.

Besides there are plenty of parts in California that are flat and boring as well.
And what's wrong with farm land anyway? Where does he think food comes from?

Old 12-12-2010, 12:34 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,173,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
What I find ironic\ puzzling is that the OP bad mouths California all the time on the "City vs City" forum and joins Texans\ Southerners in vicious attacks on both San Francisco and Los Angeles. Now he wants us to attack Texas. Sorry but I will pass on this nonsense.

shut up bro, just shut up, that's all I got to say. I defend California when it's attacked as a whole but when it comes to cities themselves, I really don't care. So you got mad because I said I like Houston in the LA versus Houston thread? get real Carlos Vasquez

Old 12-12-2010, 12:36 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
shut up bro, just shut up, that's all I got to say. I defend California when it's attacked as a whole but when it comes to cities themselves, I really don't care. So you got mad because I said I like Houston in the LA versus Houston thread? get real Carlos Vasquez

Touchy!! So you do like parts of Texas...

1,678 posts, read 3,738,703 times
Quote:
So let me get this straight?

You like Houston now?

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
I voted "Other".

I moved there in '75 and didn't like it but that's largely because I was happy where I was (Merced) and was coaxed into moving kicking and screaming. So I lived in Texas pretty much prepared to not like it. I didn't like certain things about it but there were some positives, too. Would I visit? Sure, but not likely. (My playground is its neighbor, Louisiana.)

I think it may bug Californians that Texas does not "admire" them. I think it's hilarious. And, judging from my time there all those years ago, Texas has never cared what California thinks of them. (Believe me, I know this ~ being from California was probably my biggest flaw in their eyes.) But that's okay. That was a long time ago.

And so now California's economic and political scene has been slowly dumping. If businesses are going away at such a rate then there needs to be a big look into WHY, and to fix it would likely not meet the approval of most Californian's "political correctness" (and this includes many aspects). Is it too late? Maybe. The Golden State already cannot afford itself.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Touchy!! So you do like parts of Texas...
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
So let me get this straight?

You like Houston now?
Yes I do like parts of Texas.

I like San Antonio, El Paso, Houston, and Austin. I HATE Dallas and FortWorth and all the little farm towns like Midland though.

I just hate Rick Perry and their political views.

I believe Texans feel the same way. They hate our politics but not our cities

Old 12-12-2010, 12:43 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,738,703 times
Quote:
Yes I do like parts of Texas.

I like San Antonio, El Paso, Houston, and Austin. I HATE Dallas and FortWorth and all the little farm towns like Midland though.

I just hate Rick Perry and their political views.

I believe Texans feel the same way. They hate our politics but not our cities

Okay, fair enough.

To be honest I can't stand that idiot as well. However politicians everywhere tend to be douchebags though.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:57 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
^^^I still dont think he's been here for any significant visit. Theres no logical reason for liking the other cities and HATING Dallas or Ft Worth. Unless its an irrational I hate the Cowboys thing.....

Old 12-12-2010, 01:08 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Never gonna happen. Not a chance.

Corrections Officer Jobs Forum - Oral Peace Officer Psychological Evaluation (POPE) (Pass/Fail) | Indeed.com

Old 12-12-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

WTF? that was completely random and off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California