Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 06:40 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,246 times

Advertisements

[quote=Setsuko;17039816]I'm not sure I understand this Phil character. In one thread he's complaining about the racism he faces as a Black man, while at the same time he sides with a political party that has a strong history of racism.[/quote

BOTH parties have a strong history of racism. The fact is, the "democrats" like to say they aren't racist. They are. People who say they are some great utopia of society, are just as racist, in fact worst, then the others. At least the others admit it. Democrats lie and say they are not.

I am for personal responsibility; no matter what race you are. You want children? Great. YOU pay for them. You want a life, a good life; great, YOU pay for it.

Taxing others, for your mistakes and/or wants, is wrong. That is the democrat/liberal way. I want to have XYZ and I want everyone else to pay for it. That is wrong. I work my way through life and have done so; even as a black man. I don't want you, him, her, etc to pay for my life and have not done so. I pay my own way and race isn't an issue; until you liars say the color of someone's skin, doesn't change your thinking.

You are liars, frauds, etc.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:45 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
the over regulation is a result of over population, not Liberals. If you have one guy on a beach with a dog, no problems, you put a thousand guys on a beach with a thousand dogs, you need regulation. Coming from one of the last free states, Nevada, I find the regulations onerous, but even more onerous, are barbwire fences and locked gates, and those are done by private individuals. I understand why, but I don't like them.

If all these people that hate California would leave it, and take all their friends with them, that would improve matters.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
BOTH parties have a strong history of racism. The fact is, the "democrats" like to say they aren't racist. They are. People who say they are some great utopia of society, are just as racist, in fact worst, then the others. At least the others admit it. Democrats lie and say they are not.
No, you are exaggerating, and I have told you a million times not to exaggerate. There may be a policy of non racism. But everyone is racist, everyone prefers some group over others, that is human nature. The worst racism I ever experienced was in the Navy, and that was Blacks being racist to Whites. Remember the riots on the Kitty Hawk?

The important detail is whether you allow your personal prejudices to color the way you treat others.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:52 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Fasten our seatbelt, because moonbeam is taking us into outer space with his wacky nonsense
He is taking you to DC make an attempt to get the rest of US taxpayers to bail you out.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Fasten our seatbelt, because moonbeam is taking us into outer space with his wacky nonsense

He is taking you to DC make an attempt to get the rest of US taxpayers to bail you out.
Two sentences that just may demonstrate the failure of our public school system.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:37 PM

253 posts, read 349,124 times
IMHO, in recent years, the most egregious failure of the American Government backed Educational System is the lack of teaching of critical thinking. Diction and grammar matter little by comparison. Although the latter is the easiest to stratify students, along with indoctrination of particular social values... But this concerns a tangent, posted by someone who delights himself by denigrating others...

As to the topic, Ol' Moonbeam has a problem... Irrational expectations by a juvenile electorate. I did not vote for the man, but frankly, now, I rather pity him. The lurking union gorillas he released in his previous tenures will not willingly comply with what must be done.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
is the lack of teaching of critical thinking
Quote:
As to the topic, Ol' Moonbeam has a problem
Thus demonstrated, the epithet "moonbeam" is used by a political segment apparently without understanding of where and why the phrase originated.

Quote:
lurking union gorillas he released
The average pension of retired California state employees is about $20,000 a year
The average retired California state teacher pension is $ 13,200 a year, some gorillas.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:52 AM

253 posts, read 349,124 times
[LEFT]http://www.californiahealthline.org/articles/2010/4/6/study-california-public-pensions-underfunded-by-over-500b.aspx

Tuesday, April 06, 2010
Study: California Public Pensions Underfunded by Over $500B

California's three major public pension funds are underfunded by more than half a trillion dollars, according to a report released Monday, the San Jose Mercury News reports.
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) commissioned the study, which was prepared by graduate students at the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (Theriault, San Jose Mercury News, 4/5).
The study examined:
  • The California Public Employees' Retirement System;
  • The California State Teachers' Retirement System; and
  • The University of California's retirement system (Walters, "Capitol Alert," Sacramento Bee, 4/5).
The three systems serve about 2.6 million retirees (Bussewitz, AP/Ventura County Star, 4/5).
Report Details
The Stanford report estimates that California's shortfall for government pensions and health care benefits is about $535 billion (Anderson, Contra Costa Times, 4/5).
Researchers tallied CalPERS' unfunded liabilities at $239.7 billion and CalSTRS' liabilities at $156.7 billion.
The new figures are significantly higher than previous estimates from the pension funds. In July 2008, CalPERS estimated its unfunded liabilities at $38.6 billion and CalSTRS estimated its liabilities at $16.2 billion (AP/Ventura County Star, 4/5).
Pension Liabilities Could Lead To Health Cuts, Other Changes
The Stanford report suggests that California would need to put $360 billion into its pension and health benefit systems immediately to have an 80% chance of meeting 80% of the obligations within 16 years (Contra Costa Times, 4/5).
Schwarzenegger in a statement (http://gov.ca.gov/press-release/14745/ - broken link) said the study "reinforces the immediate need to address our staggering pension debt." He added, "The consequences are clear: increasingly large portions of state funding for programs Californians hold dear such as schools, parks and health care will be diverted to pay for this debt."
The governor previously has proposed tightening eligibility requirements for retiree health care benefits and other changes to the pension system (AP/Ventura County Star, 4/5).
The new report echoes some of Schwarzenegger's proposals and calls for lawmakers to:

• Reduce benefits for new public employees;
  • Raise annual pension contributions; and
  • Shift workers into a partial 401k benefit plan (San Jose Mercury News, 4/5).

Read more: Study: California Public Pensions Underfunded by Over $500B - California Healthline

Jerry Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brown proposed the establishment of a state space academy and the purchasing of a satellite that would be launched into orbit to provide emergency communications for the state —- a proposal similar to one that was indeed eventually adopted. In 1979, an out-of-state columnist, Mike Royko, then at the Chicago Sun-Times, picked up on the nickname from Brown's girlfriend at the time, Linda Ronstadt, who was quoted in a 1978 Rolling Stone magazine interview humorously calling him "Moonbeam".[29][30]

[/LEFT]

Old 12-19-2010, 12:13 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Well, in 16 years I will be 80 and will have been retired from the state for 18 years. Perhaps by that age I won't care what happens, or even remember!

Old 12-19-2010, 09:07 PM

661 posts, read 691,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I don't understand how they 'exploited anti-African-American racism' and it isn't explained in that quotation.
Please read up on the Southern Strategy more.

Lee Atwater, Republican National Committee Chairman, advisor to Reagan and Bush Sr, in a 1981 interview:

"You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******."

*'s would be "The N Word;" forum censors it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California