Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 02:52 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Hero View Post
I bet you he's a free loading Lib, Man.
actually believe it or not he votes Republican, but yes, down deep he expects everything to be handed to him. He is a city employee, ******* because they don't always get the benies he thinks they should, will sue anyone he thinks might have a dime, and is sure the world is out to get him. The only reason he votes Republican is he knows dad would turn over in his grave if he thought any of us would do anything else. He is also the type that thinks everything is someone elses fault and he did vote for Jerry Brown. I almost disowned him, but he is still my little brother. Believe it or not, we are both seniors and he really is littier than me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 06:32 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
I am thinking of just hiding it and suing if they try to evict me (illegal eviction via H&S 11362.5).. What is the deal? Why are So Cal landlords such ignorant pretentious douchebags? It's been what, over a decade since we passed medical marijuana law? I mean I understand it's their home and soverignity but it's not my fault they are stupid and narrowminded. I'm the buyer I pay the rent. I think I am going to purposefully put 'drug free' in one of my room wanted ads. Maybe 'nerdy drug free christian' or something stupid like that, then deliberately blaze MOD CUT.. When they give me 30 days I will retaliate with a lawsuit (illegal eviction) and challenge them in court. MOD CUT
Looking for a law suit are ya? I'm thinking your the douchebag

Old 12-23-2010, 01:25 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
I can understand a landlord not wanting to rent to a mm patient just on the objections of other renters about the smell, and that includes the back yard.

But what I don't get is your biased assumption that mm patients, like this person, are not really ill. I'm not a mm patient, I work full time, and I have a seriously life threatening illness. It's only thru medication and surgery that I'm still on the planet and functioning normally.

Just because someone works full time doesn't diminish their illnesses. Your unthinking remark is really offensive.

LOL I've never understood those who feel the desire to be so easily offended. I put them in the same category as those who are so eager to play the role of the victim.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:34 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,546,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't hold medical MJ in higher regards than tobacco...it's still stinks and I don't want it in my house or around me. Both are legal (kind of), but neither trumps my rights as a property owner or dweller.

You need to find roommates who smoke and stop complaining. If MJ is your "medicine" of choice, then you deal with the consequences of that.
Well said, I hate smelling either and if I were to rent out my home I wouldn't allow either in it, stipulate it in the lease and enforce it. If folks like the O.P. don't like it, too bad.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:51 PM

2 posts, read 1,872 times
maybe because its still illegal on a federal level? Plus, the state can seize your property if you knowingly rent to someone using illegal drugs. Its not a good day when they do that and its not your right to be rented to anyways....

Old 10-10-2012, 06:00 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
If you can't find an apt complex with stoners near the beach in S Cal you got no game at all.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:06 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,546,640 times
People are afraid to rent to potheads (card-carrying or not) due to a variety of reasons.

Pot smokers are likely to bring other pot smokers into the house and, of course, the potential is there to bring other drugs into the house as well. It has also been my experience that lots of potheads like to take some of their "medicinal" stash and resale it on the illegal market and they tend to want to do this from where they live, which means there will be a constant string of questionable people in and out of the house which will bring heat down on the landlord from neighbors.

Renting to potheads can be more trouble than its worth, sort of like Section 8.

You asked "why?". I provided an answer.

Sincerely,

That "Douchebag landlord" who wouldn't rent to you

Old 10-12-2012, 05:45 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I know this is an old thread but I don't get the problem. Non smoking doesn't descriminate (no smoking anything...period). However, if you use edibles who is going to know? I am sure nobody is reporting what Rx and OTC stuff they take when they apply for an apartment. Honestly, people have to go out of their way to get in trouble for using MM. Usually it's all the "other stuff" that gets them into jams!

Old 10-13-2012, 07:30 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,872 times
Agreed smoking is smoking does not matter what it is. I would not rent to a smoker, it is on the cloths and permeates the house..

People who use MMJ could ingest it or vaporize it, both are way better for their health than smoking anyway.. Plus they will not generate the stench of smoke that is objectionable for many people..

Old 10-13-2012, 04:08 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
No matter what anyone's opinion on legalization is, the fact is that it is still against federal law. So you want to sue your landlord for not being willing to accommodate a tenant breaking federal law? That said, even those against legalization are generally supportive of people with legitimate MM needs. However, everyone knows that having a MM prescription is no accurate indication of a legitimate medical need. I'm perfectly healthy. I could get a prescription with ease. "Hey doc, I'm suffering from anxiety, help me. No problem, here is your prescription."

No matter what the states do, real legalization can only occur at the federal level. If the ballot initiative in WA passes it'll make for a good show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California