Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 03:35 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times

Advertisements

TX - been there, done that, hated it, came back.

So ..... does this mean we're gonna be hearing a lot more Linda Ronstadt on the radio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 03:36 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,173,569 times
Great! Have fun in Texas!

Oh and you better buy one of these to fit in with the Texans:

Old 01-02-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post

So ..... does this mean we're gonna be hearing a lot more Linda Ronstadt on the radio?

haha at first I didn't get this but I get it now I think

Old 01-02-2011, 03:37 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
This thread may be about Jerry Brown but was never intended to become a political battle ground about Texas or illegals, liberals vs. conservatives.

It would be nice to be back on topic about what, if any, differences people think Jerry Brown will be able to make.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:39 PM

I like jerry and think he will do a fine job.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:44 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,293 times
I like what Jerry is doing so far. He has put together informal meetings to get a real handle on the budget deficit crisis and making some good moves before being sworn in. I read a Sacbee article about Ana Matosantos and on her ability to work with both political sides. After reading some good info on Matosantos, I feel Jerry made a good move in retaining her.

We all know the financial crisis California is in. Jerry acknowledging that we have to make some difficult choices and that it won't be easy to balance the budget, reassures me more than some of the forum members who have been denying California's problems.

Jerry will be able to justify tax hikes to the people, while looking at cutting virtually ever state services. Tax increases are OK, as long as they go to much needed state services that benefits everyone on an equal level.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:59 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
I like what Jerry is doing so far. He has put together informal meetings to get a real handle on the budget deficit crisis and making some good moves before being sworn in. I read a Sacbee article about Ana Matosantos and on her ability to work with both political sides. After reading some good info on Matosantos, I feel Jerry made a good move in retaining her.

We all know the financial crisis California is in. Jerry acknowledging that we have to make some difficult choices and that it won't be easy to balance the budget, reassures me more than some of the forum members who have been denying California's problems.

Jerry will be able to justify tax hikes to the people, while looking at cutting virtually ever state services. Tax increases are OK, as long as they go to much needed state services that benefits everyone on an equal level.
I worked with Ana on legislation for about a year and a half. Not great in the personality department but very bright, very focused and very knowledgable. For one so young she knows the system inside and out. I agree that Brown made a good move in retaining her.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:02 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I worked with Ana on legislation for about a year and a half. Not great in the personality department but very bright, very focused and very knowledgable. For one so young she knows the system inside and out. I agree that Brown made a good move in retaining her.
I remember you sharing the forum about Ana.

Here's yesterday article that I read on Ana: Finance head Ana Matosantos no stranger to working both sides of the aisle - Sacramento Politics - California Politics | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/2010/12/31/3290136/finance-head-ana-matosantos-no.html - broken link)

Old 01-02-2011, 05:06 PM

Some things that bothered me about this past election were the people on the extremes of each side.

The extreme right has no problem shutting out everything Jerry Borwn wants to do and what baffles me is that they thought Meg Whitman was a good choice. HA!

The extreme left people (we know who they are on this site) did nothing but ignore the problems we are facing and brushed it off while bashing all GOP candidates. It's like these people are drinking the same kool aid and won't vote for some one on the other side because their republican.

I am moderately liberal (for gay rights, unions, some social services etc) but I wanted Carly Fiorina to win because I'm just tired of Barbara Boxer and seeing her old aged up face all the time. Carly wasn't the greatest canidate (far from it) but she had potential and I wanted to see her make a difference.

I like Jerry because he is honest and straight forward with his plans and our state's condition unlike Meg Whitman who seemed to lie about her plans and whatnot. I also like that Jerry seems like a moderate liberal. He isn't too far to the left like Gavin Pukesome but he's not too far right like John Mccain or Sarah Palin. He knows what needs to be done and can work with both sides as that is how he is politically.

Those far leftisits need to be open minded. They claim they are yet relentlessly bash all republicans or anyone not in their belief.

The far right wingers need to stop the bickering and give the guy a chance.

Being open minded is accepting both side's points of view and voting against your beliefs is part of being open minded. Shunning one whole side because they are the exact opposite and ignoring all problems is not open minded.

Last edited by BacktoBlue; 01-02-2011 at 05:19 PM..

Old 01-02-2011, 05:08 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Quote:
The extreme left people (we know who they are on this site)
We do? There are extreme left people on this site?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California