Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 04:48 PM

13 posts, read 35,584 times

Advertisements

if you don't have more than 1 min just read the last paragraph, otherwise read the whole dam story :]

hi all, I'm from Glendale CA single guy who is working on his Civil Engineering masters. i already got few job offers one was 40K, 45K and 47K but i rejected all of them because i wanted to first finish school and then go to work.

so now im thinking about getting out of Glendale because here everything is dam expencive! if you are an engineer YOU NEED to drive the nice BMW or Mercedes otherwise people will look down on you, you have to buy a house around mountain area which is darn expensive, you got to weal all Louis Vitan or Gucci. basically the average person in here has a 400K house, drives a beemer or benz and wears over 300$ cloths.

i hate this stupid lifestyle in here. everyone is always try to impress their neighbors. i don't think the purpose of life is to look wealthy rather than be it. i'd much rather invest all that money in stock market, buy gold and few apartments and increase my asset than buy items that will loose 20% of their value as soon as i purchase them.

so i'm wondering is there any area in SoCal that i can buy house for under 150K? it would be great if they are less than an hour away from LA and from the Beach..

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 04:53 PM

964 posts, read 2,647,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskyline View Post
if you are an engineer YOU NEED to drive the nice BMW or Mercedes otherwise people will look down on you,

It's exactly the opposite. If you're an engineer and you drive a BMW or Mercedes, people will think you're an idiot for wasting your money on a car. Real engineers drive 15 year old cars with 200K miles on them.

What do engineers use for birth control?

Spoiler
Their personalities

Old 01-09-2011, 04:56 PM

There are over 9000 houses in the LA area which have sold for less thatn $175K in the last three months. Didn't you even check yet?

Here's one in Long Beach

605 West 19TH St, Long Beach, CA 90806 | MLS# M10109697

Here's 9000 more.

Real Estate Search | Redfin

Old 01-09-2011, 04:59 PM

proudmomy i LOVE your link thank you SOOO MUCH!! i was looking for something like this for a while. and i've been very busy with school that's why i didn't have time to research it.

and the other person, you live in OC dude, come to Glendale and you'll see what i'm talkling about...

Old 01-09-2011, 05:06 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
By the same token, you know why people decide to become engineers, don't you?

Spoiler
They don't have enough personality to become undertakers.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:10 PM

what do you guys have against engineers?? if it wasn't for them especially civil engineers you would be living like a nomads

Old 01-09-2011, 05:18 PM

Why would you want to live near the beach? Engineers don't like beaches - they're a waste of time. Real engineers are fixing things around the house. You might be an engineer if you try to fix a $5 radio.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:19 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskyline View Post
what do you guys have against engineers?? if it wasn't for them especially civil engineers you would be living like a nomads
Let's hear it for the simple life! Constant changes of scenery, no utility bills, and more.

Not a thing, actually. One of my daughters is seriously dating one who just passed his Professional Engineers exam. Really nice guy!

Old 01-09-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy View Post
Why would you want to live near the beach? Engineers don't like beaches - they're a waste of time. Real engineers are fixing things around the house. You might be an engineer if you try to fix a $5 radio.
woman, stay in the kitchen

Old 01-09-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Let's hear it for the simple life! Constant changes of scenery, no utility bills, and more.

Not a thing, actually. One of my daughters is seriously dating one who just passed his Professional Engineers exam. Really nice guy!
no seriously, its not like i came here and was rude to someone i was just asking a question, so i dono why im being attacked all of a sudden!? but i sure don't mind it, specially when im bored...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California