Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 09:38 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,539,200 times

Advertisements

We've had a pretty stormy fall and early winter. I think its OK to enjoy a "January Thaw" for a few weeks. As for "Ca native, born and raised, etc...", hmmm....yeah right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 01:35 PM

964 posts, read 2,644,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Thanks Gentoo. While not a birder per se I've always loved seagulls. Growing up at the beach brings back so many memories of these birds since probably before I could walk. Here's a few more (all mid winter as well):

Derek

So pictures are so good you can almost read the expression on those birds' faces.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atjl72 View Post
Am I the only sane person in Ca? I am so sick of the moronic, vapid idiots on the news and the sun-baked, mush brained Ca's who think this is, in any way a good thing! Do you not realize Ca needs water and snow pack during the winter and spring to avoid droughts? You freggin' get enough sun already. Ya, haha, the east coast people, hahaha...just shut up all you ignorant people. This is why I can't stand Ca and hope it goes under and gets a massive drought. I am a Ca native, born and raised but am not proud of it. Don't even think of moving to another state, stay here. I want to watch all you fake idiots suffer. Thank the Lord I will be moving...not soon enough! HahA...don't choke on the smog this summer!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Listen MOD CUT, the snowpack is just fine.
There's probably no lord so you don't need to thank anybody.
We're taking our kids to the pool today in January - outdoor pool.
It's in the mid 70s right now.

Bye.

Last edited by NewToCA; 02-21-2011 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: don't be rude

Old 01-23-2011, 01:44 PM

910 posts, read 1,673,026 times
Great pics! Those pics really make me want to jump in my car and never look back on Ohio again Maybe in 2 years when undergrad is done!

Old 01-23-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
Great pics! Those pics really make me want to jump in my car and never look back on Ohio again Maybe in 2 years when undergrad is done!

There's always room for one more

Old 01-23-2011, 02:14 PM

910 posts, read 1,673,026 times
Yeah the thought of traffic doesn't excite me too much lol...I'm researching grad school possibilities out there right now, so one step at a time. I've been seriously contemplating the move, though.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:51 PM

8,201 posts, read 16,631,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Too bad you're not a birder as these are excellent shots. The last one is a Western Gull
I think I would need a lot more patience. Although one bird I really want to photograph are eagles. Yet that normally takes a much longer (and expensive) lens and traveling to certain places where they frequent. While in Yellowstone I saw a lot of birders and heard about an eagle's nest. Yet I ddn't really see it nor did I look hard enough. With Bison and Grizzlies walking next to the road there were plenty of other things to focus on.

Derek

Old 01-23-2011, 11:31 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,281,907 times
This isn't unusual for California.

The typical patter is for fall rain followed by high pressure over the Southwest which causes the perpetual fog and grey skies in the San Joaquin Valley and warm temperatures on the coast, then rain weather.

The timing varies from year to year, and some years the pattern is as clear as it is this year.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:33 AM

749 posts, read 1,859,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atjl72 View Post
Am I the only sane person in Ca? I am so sick of the moronic, vapid idiots on the news and the sun-baked, mush brained Ca's who think this is, in any way a good thing! Do you not realize Ca needs water and snow pack during the winter and spring to avoid droughts? You freggin' get enough sun already. Ya, haha, the east coast people, hahaha...just shut up all you ignorant people. This is why I can't stand Ca and hope it goes under and gets a massive drought. I am a Ca native, born and raised but am not proud of it. Don't even think of moving to another state, stay here. I want to watch all you fake idiots suffer. Thank the Lord I will be moving...not soon enough! HahA...don't choke on the smog this summer!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
And you have a nice day too! LOL. You get up on the wrong side of bed today or something......

Great shots MtnSrfr. I am not a "birder" either but those are some nice shots of some beautiful birds.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:44 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,522,586 times
To the OP, great photos! I've also been loving this summer-like weather we've been enjoying. I spent an hour yesterday reading in the sun; it was wonderful. I'm an L.A. County native, and I can't imagine living anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California