Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 10:15 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,627,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Highnlite I don't understand the 20%. What I think I understand is you went to France with your wife, and took 300 pics, that were used or filed on a French site, not yours. The 'broker's"
20% of Americans identify themselves as hard right conservatives, they typically operate from beliefs despite facts, the birthers are an example.

I gave the broker permission to use my photos if they wanted. There are a bunch more, and some of me and some that show my wife's face (she is the one in the orange rain coat and helmet) but for privacies sake I won't put too many here.

Nullgeo is right, the world is full of pervs.

I would like to see the canoe, you can PM me with a URL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 10:16 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,865,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Trust me one day when you are older, illegal pot grows will probably not seem so "cool".

Uh oh...... Lets us jus git this heya straight Sir, Right off quick. I got me one real bad case of Peter Pan Syndrome, but in 10 months I will turn 60.

I admitt I don't act, nor think much like anyone almost 60. I just never had much reason to turn gray and old. I still enjoy a pony tail halfway down my back and being a creature of the wild places.

If what you say is true, in my time I will find it out for myself. Till then as always I will not pass judgement on men I never yet met.

This is a yankee trait. Thar's nuthing this side of frozen Hell that will change the way this chil' has been forged.

I am being fair to you, to highnlite and all the rest in this thread.

I have 0 interest in smoking the wild woodland weeds, but if i did have any I would have all I wanted any time i wanted.

I do not support recreational uses of the weed, but I do support its uses in the rest of 1,000 other things that weed can do. I am convinced the only reason it isn't in common use is because it can compete with OIL.

BTW thanks for the compliment it makes me feel lots younger.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:18 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,837,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

Highnlite wanna see that canoe?
I sure do ... I have had many canoes ... when I lived in Maine I worked at the base camp for a canoe adventure 'school' ... up near Calais in the sport fishing lakes there by the New Brunswick border ... I was a canoeing fool until I lost partial use of one arm ... plenty canoe stories ... but we gotta figure how to get them on topic with 'state land grows in California' ... ummm, there's a thinking project for you ... good thing about burning brain cells though: helps keep the face warm

Picture please ...

Old 01-26-2011, 10:20 PM

Null, how the heck are going to sail that boat all gimped up?

Old 01-26-2011, 10:23 PM

Here's the counter frost bite

You caliwaggs otter pay taxes on sunshine!

I might be a part of 20%, I get a little hard core on that 2nd Right.

I didn't bring any wild woodland weeds on my 10 month USA tour, but I did bring my Bride, a 52.5 inch caintuckay smoke pole and a real modern hand gun, since I will not be infringed, and that might have been handy up in Kings Canyon but the hear of this thread.

I am 59 and still a wild cat for my current condition. I live in good ol cow hampsta, and frequent the wild places any time I get the chance which is most of the time.

I do have a little problem with mother Gue..... (J Johnson)

calis!!!!!!!!! You went swimmin in salt water in Calis? You fool you can die in water that cold, why I ain't sure water is even a fitting term for that stuff!

You better check what's supposed to be in yer pants !

(joking, some of you caliwaggs ain't got no humor)

Old 01-26-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I have a few friends that do ultralite, they don't eat so good. we use mules, haul in steaks. I must be getting soft, on those trans Sierra skis we ate a lot of Top Ramen with bacon bits........

Sailing nekkid,,, I could tell a story or two.

But Back on thread, it is my understanding that hiking "up country" in Hawaii is not always the best idea, the growers there are a bit territorial.

Sure would be easier if they just legalized it, I understand that several tobacco companies have purchased options on land in North California and plan to farm Marijuana if it goes legal, apparently the tobacco companies supported prop 19.
OK then ... now THAT sounds like camping! ... and I like horses and mules for company

and no, the brah's in Hawaii don't share their agriculture space well ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Null, how the heck are going to sail that boat all gimped up?
Well, first off, I don't sail with my face ... second, the arm works pretty handy for lots of things -- just not for fine motor control of one hand, or for strong motion when in extension requiring good shoulders -- which is canoeing ... excellent grip still and can pull lines with biceps and forearms (my kids call me Popeye) ... also, this latest boat is ultra-primitive, simplistic, minimalist ... exceedingly lightweight, too ... quite easy to single hand sail ... (I says theoretically before the sea trials! )

Old 01-26-2011, 10:38 PM

Mac, the 2nd amendment is not a conservative vs rational issue, the conservatives want play it that way, but, there are plenty of non conservatives who enjoy guns and hunting, my wife, she is the liberal around here, and she has her armory (keeps me polite).

I like that sailing canoe, a great advance over paddling.

Null, on our pack trips we gain weight! Now that I have my new dutch oven, we gonna eat even better.

My boy and I were camped on a huge lake in Canada, we paddled out in our canoe from our forest service campsite and were blown gently down wind, and then the wind was not so gentle, and that camp was the only civilization on that 20 mile long lake, he was only 10, so the paddling detail fell to me, I pushed that canoe up wind with the wind trying to turn her sideways, I had to paddle past camp and let the wind blow her back onto the shore.

That is what got me interested in Sailboats!!

Old 01-26-2011, 10:40 PM

null geo, what got you so tangled up? That's hard man. Been there got that t shirt.

Several posts back i explained how the dream ride even came to be.

We left NH In mid July 05 for a 90 days ride. I got lost a little, and we made it 10 months. From NH to call we made 9,000 miles. From Ca to Fla we made 6,000 miles. I ain't good at maps ya see?

So that much covers from Mid July to late Rocktober all in 05. Somewhere in Fla I made another wrong turn and ended up in Arkansas where it became 06. Oncet you get in them Osarks it real hard getting out and the next place we ended up was in Oklahoma.... I considered getting out of there via Kanasas but in Kansasa headed west i saw the Elephant and didn't really want to see it again, so we went to Tennessee.

There was no choice about going back to NH in winter I do have a few limits, and am not completely insane.

And so this is how I know anything about growers in Kings Canyon, and this thread is the first on this heya' CD site that anyome mentioned these growers.

My whole life it seems is to travel circles and I always miss one degree.

To me this CD site is a bar, just really big.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:44 PM

the forum is cheap entertainment, without it I might be down at Bills Place singing Karoke

Sounds like a great bike ride,, I have yet to drive across the country, but have flown places, rented cares and toured.

Our planned two week summer pack trip this year will be near Kings Canyon, up to the head waters of the Roaring River.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

calis!!!!!!!!! You went swimmin in salt water in Calis? You fool you can die in water that cold, why I ain't sure water is even a fitting term for that stuff!

You better check what's supposed to be in yer pants !

(joking, some of you caliwaggs ain't got no humor)
Heh ... no, didn't go saltwater swimming in Calais ... lived in a cabin on Grand Lake ... 20 minutes by fast power boat or short hop seaplane ride from the bustling town of Grand Lake Stream, pop, 300 (in its heyday) ... and I was a sprout back then so swam bravely in the lake daily ... canoed through the bogs and fished till ALL the worms were drowned most days ... was a cook.

Great shot of you in the canoe ... I do still have one expedition canoe here with me on the island I take out ... it has a little lateen sail rig with leeboards and even a rudder (which rudder doesn't work worth a damn!) ... sails for sour owl crap but the canoe is nostaliga ... it is decked over with three cockpit holes kind of like a giant kayak ... some nuts have paddled this type from here in Puget Sound to Alaska and back ... they are very stable.

My first sailing canoe adventure was I rigged an Army surplus poncho to a sapling lashed to the thwarts of my Grumman aluminum 15 footer ... it was a hoot ... I was about 14 ... and yep, got pretty wet dumping and bailing and learning how ponchos don't make good square sails and canoes aren't real stable under sail without outriggers

Um, let's see about staying on topic: how about this: if those Indios / Mexicans knew how to canoe and cold weather camp maybe California wouldn't have such a problem all concentrated in the one state ... as the growers could disappear among the lakes in Maine and canoe their harvest to trucks on the logging roads. -- Does that work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California