Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:58 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
That's is just such an ill-conceived and ignorant point of view of the path that Reagan took it's not even worth addressing.
I thought it was particularly humorous.

When I think of Reagan as Governor I think of this;

Very Iranian of him

Quote:
After 8 years of Reagan. Not ONE country fell to the communists and world communism was on the verge of collapse.
Very true, he saved Grenada.

and communism was already a postscript on the writ of history, the damage he did to America in the Middle East kills Americans today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
... From someone who actually lived through it ...
"Lived through" what? You make it sound like it was a struggle to "live through" the false prosperity of money borrowed from an undefined future and business booming at the expense of a tripled deficit ... life and death, huh?

Now then, back when Uncle Ronnie was California governor, sending out the troops to squash the anti-war protesters, some of us were actually living through hell (I refer you to post # 51 //www.city-data.com/forum/17804071-post51.html ... yeah, that's me) and getting a first-hand look at the brilliant leadership to come.

Look, you and BigJon want to make your argument, knock yourselves out ... But in terms of waiting for refutations of your points, you need to read through the 19 or 20 pages containing refutations already here.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:24 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Ah does like this one.

How much delusion does it take to become a
lifeguard, Quite a bit, you have to believe that the "chicks' think you are hot, and the kids respect you.
actor, Isn't the art dependent on delusion/illusion?
leader of a union, It is a little known fact that he and Jimmy Hoffa had weekly coffeeklatches

radio commentator, Like Limbaugh or Beck? Gallons of delusion, actually he deluded his audience, they thought he was covering those baseball games live, when all he was doing was reading ticker tape.

governor of the largest state in the union So when Reagan did it, it took profound ability, but when Brown does it, the job ain't much.

and president of the United States? George Bush did it, seems like deluding the public is a prerequisite
Very insightful. Wow, you do know what your talkin' bout cowboy.....Reagan was kind of a cowboy to, did ya'll ever ride together?

Old 02-18-2011, 08:16 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:
Very insightful. Wow, you do know what your talkin' bout cowboy.....Reagan was kind of a cowboy to, did ya'll ever ride together?
Reagan was a Movie actor who owned a horse and some land.. He twarn't no Cowboy. No, I never rode with him, but my Father did, The were in the same drinking and riding club. Los Rancheros Vistadores.

Cowboy is not a usual term for California cow pushers. The Cowboy tradition comes out of Texas, where they wear hats that tilt up on the side (taco hats) and tuck their jeans into their boots so they can admire the fancy stitching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California