Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:41 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As a frequent user of public lands all over this country (including a lot of areas in CA) there's no state in the union taking away the public's right to those lands faster than CA. UT is a close second but at least they're fighting back.
That statement is completely false. Where the heck did you get that crazy idea?

Addendum, Backspace's post was in response to my post regarding the lack of public land in Texas, so, a little info, Half of California is public land, open to you the citizen, Texas has almost no public land aside from the National Parks in the west, and a smidgen of National Forest, that alone makes it a great state to stay away from, at last for those who like to wander in the woods.

Last edited by .highnlite; 02-11-2011 at 09:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 09:29 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Atleast people have jobs (8% unemployment) in Texas. Thats more than California (12% unemployment) can say.

Don't throw stones from a glass house as they say.
8% is horrific. Its better than 12% but still, AWFUL.

And Im not throwing stones...simply relishing with absolute glee at the reality that many of us suspected all along, while some chose to make it red vs blue issue.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:41 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,409,775 times
12% and climbing. We've set ourselves up for long term failure. Let's keep those energy prices sky high!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
This is the height of delusion.
Texas isn't broke, people like you only wish it were. Texas always runs a close budget, this isn't anything new.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
lack of green? You clearly have never been to Texas I guess.
Nully mostly talks out of his ass.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:17 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
Nully mostly talks out of his ass.
Ah, terms of endearment ... how sweet

But, alas, what you hear out of my arse isn't talk, it's my digestion's reaction to what I read from you on these Forums ...

Old 02-12-2011, 08:59 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
8% is horrific. Its better than 12% but still, AWFUL.

And Im not throwing stones...simply relishing with absolute glee at the reality that many of us suspected all along, while some chose to make it red vs blue issue.
You're right - the numbers are awful.

But you cannot ignore that the real difference between 8% in Texas and 12% in California is over one million unemployed people. The dominos that fall as a result are demand for social services and little tax revenue.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:40 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
That statement is completely false. Where the heck did you get that crazy idea?

Addendum, Backspace's post was in response to my post regarding the lack of public land in Texas, so, a little info, Half of California is public land, open to you the citizen, Texas has almost no public land aside from the National Parks in the west, and a smidgen of National Forest, that alone makes it a great state to stay away from, at last for those who like to wander in the woods.
47% of California is owned/controlled by the Federal government, a lot of it taken during the many liberal, eco-terrorist land grabs that we've seen across the United States.

In an effort to keep the state solvent the gov. proposed closing 220 parks, it was national news.

Schwarzenegger Would Close 220 State Parks To Cut Deficit

Proposed state parks closure list is not for the faint of heart | Outposts | Los Angeles Times

Do you remember that? I'm not sure how many actually closed instead of limited access hours or things like that but the threat is real and my statement is 100% true.

Add this to the many pieces of public land in California that used to bring money to the local communities that are now so heavily regulated by the BLM and local police that people aren't allowed to enjoy them.

OHV Home The OHV industry brings millions if not billions of dollars into the CA state economy and many of the NIMBY local residents fight to kill all motor sports which in turn hurts the economy and limits access to everyone.

I know more about public land access in your state than you do, this isn't a subject you're going to talk or insult your way to the top of.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:09 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
47% of California is owned/controlled by the Federal government, a lot of it taken during the many liberal, eco-terrorist land grabs that we've seen across the United States.

Backspace, you have no idea what you are talking about, but that does not keep you from being funny, your first sentence states clearly that 47% of the land in California cannot be closed or taken way or "locked up" by the state, Most of the balance is private which is gated fenced and locked, generally because of the litter and damage done by OHV yahoos. None, let me repeat, none of that Federal land was taken during any liberal ecoterrorist land grab. The Federal government reserved to itself all unclaimed land in California at the time of admission. It has sold or given away most of that land to private interests since then.

In an effort to keep the state solvent the gov. proposed closing 220 parks, it was national news.

But, none, let me repeat, none was closed. I am sure that some governor in this republic has proposed selling the US to China, but that ain't happened either.

Schwarzenegger Would Close 220 State Parks To Cut Deficit

Proposed state parks closure list is not for the faint of heart | Outposts | Los Angeles Times

Do you remember that? I'm not sure how many actually closed instead of limited access hours or things like that but the threat is real and my statement is 100% true.

No, it isn't, because none of that land closed and anyway, if every state park in the state was closed, that would be less than 1% of the land in California..

Add this to the many pieces of public land in California that used to bring money to the local communities that are now so heavily regulated by the BLM and local police that people aren't allowed to enjoy them.

Who, What, that statement is nonsense

OHV Home The OHV industry brings millions if not billions of dollars into the CA state economy and many of the NIMBY local residents fight to kill all motor sports which in turn hurts the economy and limits access to everyone.

Sure it does, I own 5 4x4's and one dual sport (sold the dirt bike) If OHV use is limited, it is limited by landowners sick of cleaning up after the OHV Yahoos, it is also limited by declared wilderess, which again, is federal, not state. but that does not mean access is limited, that is silly, it just means you use a different arrow from your quiver of options, millions of Californians enjoy our wilderness lands. Around here, all the locked gates are on private land, held by good patriotic American Conservative Ranchers.

I know more about public land access in your state than you do, this isn't a subject you're going to talk or insult your way to the top of.

Doubt it, but bring it on, looking at what you posted, I don't see that you know too much about public lands issues, especially when you confuse State and Federal, that is pretty elementary.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:47 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
The only person confused is you but that's nothing new and won't stop anytime soon. Tell me this, when was the last time you were wrong and what was it about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California