Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 06:26 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,837,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Gee - I moved to TX and dealt with ice, sleet, freezing temps, and power outages, yet when I posted my experiences in the TX forums, all the "Don't Mess With Texas" types said I was lying, that it never freezes in TX, etc., ad nauseum.

So glad I was able to move back HOME to beautiful, sunny CA!!!!!
I don't know who would have told you that... While Dallas was blasted with snow a couple weeks ago, We got blasted with Ice in Houston.. It's rare but it happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 09:06 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,815,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Dont take this the wrong way but, I hate you. LOL
It's ok, at least I'll be spending a few dollars in a downtown LA hotel and renting a car from LAX during my trip.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:57 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Many people in this state are already sick of him, Maybe you nice folks in California can set him up with a mansion and keep him there ?
obviously more are not sick of him. Maybe it is the company you keep. As for his not being in Texas during the storm, he isn't the first governor to not come running back. What was he going to do?

Nita

Old 02-15-2011, 09:56 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,623,774 times
Quote:
As for his not being in Texas during the storm, he isn't the first governor to not come running back. What was he going to do?
In politics, perception is reality.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:03 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,495,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
It's ok, at least I'll be spending a few dollars in a downtown LA hotel and renting a car from LAX during my trip.
Just think of all those wonderful taxes and fees you'll be paying in the Pyrite State.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Just think of all those wonderful taxes and fees you'll be paying in the Pyrite State.
All of my travel expenses are covered by the company I work for so I don't personally feel it but we automatically pass along any travel fees to the customer so in the end the people of CA will pay their own taxes and fees like they always do. Most companies like ours mark up any work done in states like CA to cover the ridiculous hotel and rental car taxes and fees that they try to pass along. At the end of the day we still get our money and enjoy the flight home.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:12 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,495,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
All of my travel expenses are covered by the company I work for so I don't personally feel it but we automatically pass along any travel fees to the customer so in the end the people of CA will pay their own taxes and fees like they always do. Most companies like ours mark up any work done in states like CA to cover the ridiculous hotel and rental car taxes and fees that they try to pass along. At the end of the day we still get our money and enjoy the flight home.
Well enjoy your inflight drink on me you bloodsucker. LOL

Old 02-15-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Well enjoy your inflight drink on me you bloodsucker. LOL
I would really appreciate it if you guys could work on updating LAX at some point BTW, the 1992 style needs some sprucing up a bit. Sometimes I fly into Ontario just because the airport is clean and new and because it's close to Loma Linda University which I've sucked a LOT of money out of over the years.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:47 PM

13,715 posts, read 30,993,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
In politics, perception is reality.
So is the perception that California hasn't been governed (including the legislature) properly for decades a reality?

Old 02-15-2011, 01:54 PM

1,465 posts, read 5,129,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
So is the perception that California hasn't been governed (including the legislature) properly for decades a reality?
Probably but it is only recently that we have been bombarded with forums, blogs, etc telling us how bad it is here. Funny thing, I think it is great here! Imagine that.

Politics does not have to play as big a role in your life as you may have been led to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California