U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 08:22 AM

15 posts, read 37,517 times

Advertisements

My family (myself, husband, and two young kids) are thinking of relocating to California from NJ. My husband's family lives in Citrus Heights, so we would like to be near them. (That is the main reason we are considering relocating)

I have heard the town Roseville as a nice town near by. Can anyone recommend any other towns, or tell me more about Roseville or Citrus Heights? Also my husband and I are both in healthcare, so if anyone can give their opinions on nearby hospitals, that would be great too! (We will be going out there in a month to look at some of the neighborhoods.)

I currently live in a suburb that the crime rate (both violent and personal property damage) are well below national average. My biggest concern is moving to an area that has a higher crime rate.

I'm looking for the kind of place that its safe to go out walking by myself at night, or out to the grocery store at night alone and not have to look over my shoulder in the parking lot, or if I accidental left my car door unlocked in a parking lot, it would be fine.

I apologize in advance for what seems naive, (I don't leave my car unlocked in parking lots, and even in the safests of neighborhoods I know one should always be aware) but when it comes to location, I've never lived anywhere else, and yeah, I'm pretty comfortable in my current neighborhood.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 09:06 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,461,630 times
Try posting this in the Sacramento forum. You will probably get a lot more responses. There are parts of Roseville that are very safe, and nice, with good schools. Rocklin is also good. You might try looking East towards Folsom, El Dorado HIlls, and so forth. Lots of hospitals, too many to mention, but just do a local search for on google.

Since you have children, check out this map for school ratings. Typically the better the neighborhood, the better the schools so use it to guide you.

http://www.school-ratings.com/cities...itan_area.html

Nina

Old 03-27-2011, 09:26 AM

15 posts, read 37,517 times
Thank you for you reply! I will repost this in that forum. (and check out that site)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California