Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 06:14 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,348,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
1345, mouth of the Russian River?
Actually, that was taken in Mt. Tamalpais state park, just a few miles north of San Francisco, looking down toward Bolinas Lagoon from Ridgecrest Drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 09:26 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,655,150 times
Surprise to me... I was not sure it was the Russian River, but it did look like a large northern California river mouth.

Great shots, thanks for those.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:00 AM

767 posts, read 1,739,964 times
1. Yeah

3. This is good and bad. The live-and-let-live, accept-others liberal mentality makes life easy whether you're a square, a hippy or whatever. The fiscal side of liberal politics is ugly, though. Tax, tax, and tax some more to take from the middle class and give to the poor people who just keep squeezing out more babies.. so the middle class can become poor, too, while the upper class can absorb whatever COL expenses are thrown at them.

$. Frys is cool if you know exactly what you want. I sometimes like Best Buy more because they offer more product specs as well as product reviews on their site whereas Frys.com is rather primitive. That said, I would really hate to see Frys go under.

5. Yeah.

6. As a CA native, I have found tolls in other states to be perplexing. It seems like such an obvious way to bilk people for money. They may as well just set up a military blockade and point guns while demanding your money because the end result would be the same- no $, no go forward.

7. Yes, though we have smog checks here every two years and the costs keep going up.

8. Yes, your health is important!!

9. ???

10. You won't be praising the sanctuary policies after an illegal plows into you and then gets a pass. Have fun paying for the collision repairs and perhaps medical bills they cause in addition to your tax dollars paying for the medical and school expenses of their anchor babies.

As a new resident of CA, please don't be a fiscal liberal who votes in the high-tax, illegal sympathizer, expanding government lunatics. This state is already a mess. Let's not keep it that way.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:18 PM

3,073 posts, read 5,482,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Almost all were taken along the Mendicino coast, north of San Francisco, one of my favorite places in the whole wide world. Also a shot from the redwoods near Eureka. Oh, and a couple of shots at Cape Mendicino just south of Eureka/Fortuna/Ferndale.
Just beautiful! I can't wait to be in California, the beauty is just astounding.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:00 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,019,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
The number one thing I like about California - diversity. We have it all.

There is no other place on Earth that comes close.
Always feels better when you live there, doesn't it - LOL It's got a lot combined, although other areas have features as good when it comes to invidual components. Like Eagle Creek in Oregon blows away Fern Canyon more than 10-fold. And other places have caves far surpassing. But all-in-all, the huge land mass of CA does have a lot of excellent places of all sorts. I really like the hills toward LA too. You have mountains, ocean, forests, desert, agriculture, etc..

My favorite single aspect of California are the north Coast redwoods. Here's a photo I posted in a related thread lately ...

Old 05-07-2011, 01:09 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,733,111 times
weather, the mountains to hike, and beaches to surf in and enjoy.

That is why all the rich people and movie stars move here.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:24 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,976,768 times
I like the weather. And the mountains. And the beaches, but we never seem to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
1. Yeah

3. This is good and bad. The live-and-let-live, accept-others liberal mentality makes life easy whether you're a square, a hippy or whatever. The fiscal side of liberal politics is ugly, though. Tax, tax, and tax some more to take from the middle class and give to the poor people who just keep squeezing out more babies.. so the middle class can become poor, too, while the upper class can absorb whatever COL expenses are thrown at them.
I am a social liberal and fiscal conservative. Can someone please tell me who to vote for? I can't find a party I agree with. Maybe we should start the SLFC party!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:03 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,655,150 times
I like that there are over 60 roads that leave this state that the California haters can take, any day. Funny thing, they don't take them, they just sit here and stew.

I also like the fact that 50 % of the land area of California is public land, most of it available to any of us to hike, or bike, or nap in.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:38 PM

38,751 posts, read 22,735,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Just beautiful! I can't wait to be in California, the beauty is just astounding.
What part of the state are you moving to? Where are you moving from? I'm guessing someplace on the East Coast. Good luck!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:40 PM

38,751 posts, read 22,735,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I like the beaches and the mountians
I like having a good paying job and the things that come with it.
Right on! Especially in a high-cost state like California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California