Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 03:08 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
There is no evidence for your assertion, it represents the triumph of imagination over reality. A prime characteristic of the modern American conservative.
Quote:
Really?

Strange since I am not a Conservative.

Then of course there was Chicago and the Illinois votes for John Kennedy (one of my favorite Presidents) where it was known to be true.

You also need to develop a sense of humor, something that seems to be lacking in Liberals when any of their flaws are pointed out.
As to whether you are a Conservative or not, I find apples grow on apple trees.

Quote:
Flaws
?Huh, you were talking about illegals voting, you decided not to address that, and left the state of California a couple of thousand miles behind to drag out a 50 year old canard, which had nothing to do with argument, try again. You have no evidence that illegals vote. Your statement was from your imagination.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:46 PM

167 posts, read 278,270 times
Ok then stay and live wherever makes YOU happy. I will stay where I am happy. I like having no mortgage and lots of space.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:48 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,649,252 times
moved to Spokane, Wa. in '91 for affordable housing and the great outdoor activities. Moving back to Carpinteria,Calif. for the weather, wife likes milder climate and beach. I will be traveling AMAP now that I'm retired, one place is as good as another.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:43 AM

209 posts, read 247,799 times
i live in ct and me and my bf keep toying at the idea to move to california his whole family is in california except his mom who left california in her younger years to start out someplace new and landed in ct. the jobs we both have hear we can easily get over there i work in retail and in my spare time have a small at home cupcake/cake pop business. my fiance works for the state in the summer working at the state parks doing mosquito control. and in the fall winter and spring he works at a local collage in the kitchen as a prep cook. we were looking at someplace that's no more than an hr away from the coast line rent is cheeper out that way and if we wanted to go someplace for the day we would be fairly close commute.

the taxes in ct are crazy wicked expensive min wage right now here is 8.25 but for someone like me with over 16 years of retail i am making about 5 more than min wage gas is expensive everything is expensive we both still live at home because right now even a small studio apartment is way to expensive we do have these apartments that you pay like an amount biased on your pay but even with my pay and his pay we make to much money its like they want to be almost poor

Old 11-22-2012, 01:51 AM

167 posts, read 278,270 times
OK, but I have hundreds of acres and state parks and huge lakes nearby. I live in a forest...Oh and my property tax for my home is only $347 a year.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:56 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyechica View Post
i live in ct and me and my bf keep toying at the idea to move to california his whole family is in california except his mom who left california in her younger years to start out someplace new and landed in ct. the jobs we both have hear we can easily get over there i work in retail and in my spare time have a small at home cupcake/cake pop business. my fiance works for the state in the summer working at the state parks doing mosquito control. and in the fall winter and spring he works at a local collage in the kitchen as a prep cook. we were looking at someplace that's no more than an hr away from the coast line rent is cheeper out that way and if we wanted to go someplace for the day we would be fairly close commute.

the taxes in ct are crazy wicked expensive min wage right now here is 8.25 but for someone like me with over 16 years of retail i am making about 5 more than min wage gas is expensive everything is expensive we both still live at home because right now even a small studio apartment is way to expensive we do have these apartments that you pay like an amount biased on your pay but even with my pay and his pay we make to much money its like they want to be almost poor
Substitute CA for CT and you will be describing the State. Main benefit is that within 1 hour of the coast you have better weather than in CT, but even at 1 hour it isn't always great, just better in the Winter for sure.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad4143 View Post
I live in a forest...Oh and my property tax for my home is only $347 a year.
An irrelevant figure. Tell us the percent of value that your property taxes are.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:47 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times
Here is an extensive study of the number immigrating to California and emigrating from California, where from and where going to, and many excellent charts including dollar figures, that show where the money is leaving California faster than it is coming to California, and many other factors.

Civic Report 71 | The Great California Exodus: A Closer Look

Old 11-22-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Here is an extensive study of the number immigrating to California and emigrating from California, where from and where going to, and many excellent charts including dollar figures, that show where the money is leaving California faster than it is coming to California, and many other factors.

Civic Report 71 | The Great California Exodus: A Closer Look
Still trying to justify your leaving? Look bud, according to your own words you once lived in rural north California, and gave up a good life to be an urban parasite for 30 years. Your decision making skills are very suspect.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:44 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but doesn't it just make mathematical sense that all else being equal including migration rates , a state that's grown faster than the rest of the country would be sending a greater number of residents elsewhere over time relative to residents that elsewhere would be sending to it? Californians represent a higher percentage of the country's population now so are also a higher percentage of its migrants.

Last edited by CAVA1990; 11-23-2012 at 06:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California