Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 08:23 AM

2 posts, read 7,294 times

Advertisements

We're thinking about buying a house in this neighborhood. Is this a family friendly neighborhood? Why are the houses so much cheaper here compared to San Luis Obispo? Is it windy on the hill? Any comments on the construction of the homes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 11:11 PM

101 posts, read 581,810 times
We've been looking at Arroyo Grande too--mainly as a second home for now. We really like it there. One of the draws is how close it is to SLO--I guess prices are higher there as that area is considered the most desirable--close to the University and downtown and the Farmer's Market, etc.

We're mainly focusing on The Highlands and the Cypress Ridge Golf Course area. A couple of people who live in Cypress Ridge have posted in the past--I'm hoping they might drop in and make a few comments--and about the Highlands, too. What are the advantages/disadvantages? How is the weather? Just how much fog is there?

From what we've been told, crime is almost non-existent. The area seems so semi-rural--it's a nice contrast to life in LA.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,562 times
I have AG on my list to research also.
Where exactly is the Highlands neighborhood? I have been to the Cypress Ridge Golf course and it is very nice. It does have a Homeowner's Association fee. They have a new release of lakefront homes there but still a bit pricey. In the $700 k range.
Do you have any other neighbohoods you like?

Old 10-24-2008, 02:31 AM

1,634 posts, read 6,716,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondaolnick View Post
We're thinking about buying a house in this neighborhood. Is this a family friendly neighborhood? Why are the houses so much cheaper here compared to San Luis Obispo? Is it windy on the hill? Any comments on the construction of the homes?
Everywhere in this area (SLO County) is cheaper than San Luis Obispo, well, Pismo Beach is pretty spendy. But as a rule, it's all cheaper than the City of SLO. Not familiar with The Highlands. But AG (a-gee), as the locals call it, is a nice place to live.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:59 AM

268 posts, read 817,188 times
The Highlands is one of the newer areas of AG. It used to be just empty fields. There really isn't a "bad" part of of AG, just older less expensive sections. In fact, there is no where in the whole city of Arroyo Grande that you would not have to be afraid, day or night. Very safe town and just a lot of regular people. You should call the local P.D. and check out the city web site. Right now with all the real estate prices down and continuing to fall, prices are pretty good.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:24 PM

3 posts, read 9,745 times
Post Arroyo Grande - The Highlands, Cypress Ridge, Trilogy at Monarch Dunes

Our family moved from L.A. (Smell A) in 2003 to the central coast. Arroyo Grande and SLO county is God's country compared to Southern California.
The small town feel, friendly smiling faces in the grocery stores, post office, etc. Even in the parking lots where nobody is in a hurry, you will find smiling drivers hand gesture to "go ahead", "no you go first", "no after you". This goes on for almost a minute and no "Honking horns"!

Call if you need more information about the schools, recommended veterinarian's, or about any city in San Luis Obispo County. You and your family will LOVE living the SLO life!

805-550-3170

Old 03-20-2011, 05:28 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,603,599 times
You can always count on a newbe to drag up a 3 year old thread.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:52 PM

739 posts, read 1,847,634 times
Heyyy, I'm glad the newbie picked up on a three-year old thread. I am very interested in Arroyo Grande and am poking around on C.D. to get information.

We are not likely to be checking out The Highlands or Cypress Golf Course, lol. I would love to know about the Sunrise Mobile Home Park. We are boring retirees who don't want a mortgage. Life in a small but lovely space in a great beach town sounds idyllic to me.

Anybody know about this place?

Old 04-21-2011, 03:25 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
I cannot recommend owning a mobile home in a park, Generally, as with Sunset, you don't own the land, and if the land owner wants you out, you have to get out. Arroyo Grande is not a beach town, although it is not far. The only true beach towns in south county are Pismo Beach and Avila Beach. Grover Beach is not a beach town, it is separated from the ocean by Highway 1 the railroad tracks, a golf course and a willow thicket.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:22 PM

739 posts, read 1,847,634 times
The reason I like Sunrise Terrace is because you own shares in the park. I'm also thinking that A.G. would be a bit warmer than Grover or Avila as it might not be as foggy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California