Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2011, 03:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,315 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]Please help!

I am about out of my unemployment insurance for the year. I filed my claim at the end of June 2010, but have found work whenever I could so it has lasted quite a while. They tell me that I will continue to get the max, but I am concerned that after the year is up and have to file for another claim year my unemployment will be very low.

Will I continue to receive the maximum, or will I be penalized for trying to find a job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 05:08 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,502,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biondotm
Hello,

I am about to run out of money on my claim that was filled 6/24/2010. It goes back to employment that ended in June 2009., but I was too proud to use it! I worked for a very low income In 2009 until June 30, and than requested help.

My fear is how will this work, will I continue reicieveing the maximum amount of compensation, or will I receive the lower amount because I tried to work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by biondotm View Post
I am about out of my unemployment insurance for the year. I filed my claim at the end of June 2010, but have found work whenever I could so it has lasted quite a while. They tell me that I will continue to get the max, but I am concerned that after the year is up and have to file for another claim year my unemployment will be very low.

Will I continue to receive the maximum, or will I be penalized for trying to find a job?
Your initial benefit year ends 6/24/11 or thereabouts. Even if your earnings during this past year qualify you for a new claim, you are protected under HR4213, known in California as the Deferred New Claim Payment Program provided that:

- your initial benefit year ends after July 24, 2010
- you have remaining entitlement to EUC on that claim
- your new claim is at least $100 or 25% less than your old one
- you did not earn enough income in another state during that initial benefit year to qualify for a new claim

You should be able to continue to collect any EUC benefits under your original claim for as long as the program is in place.

Inasmuch as you are collecting EUC tiers, CA will continue to reevaluate your earnings quarterly for a new claim eligibility. If at any time going forward CA establishes a new claim for you based on your earnings since June 24, 2010, any FED-ED payable under that initial claim is lost as FED-ED is only available on the last claim. However, you will still be able to access your first claim tier benefits because of the Deferred New Claim Program - provided the above parameters are met and the program is still in place. In that event, any new claim benefits will be paid after you have exhausted your EUC benefits from your first claim.

So, you were told correctly, that your benefits continue unchanged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California