Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 07:39 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,790 times

Advertisements

Vernon: Texas governor woos Vernon businesses - latimes.com

Lawmakers blast Brisbane company's relocation plan - San Jose Mercury News

Let the fight over jobs begin.. This is good for America and jobs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 01:38 AM

253 posts, read 349,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post

hmmmmm...

"Lockyer said that, based on the evidence, the enterprise tax program has amounted to a $2 billion taxpayer subsidy to private enterprise. In the case of VWR, he said Californians would essentially be paying the company to lay off union workers in one town to hire lower-paid workers in another in the form of a hefty tax break, he said -- all while the state faces a record $26.6 billion deficit.
"The whole thing should be shut down, and the money should go to police and fire services," Lockyer said."

he, he, he...

Oh, the irony!!!

Old 05-10-2011, 04:55 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Let the fight begin? The fight has been occurring for the past 30 years ever since the internet was born. The entire world is competing for jobs. Many countries have free-trade zones (no tax, very low regulation + good infrastructure) to encourage business in their country. They do this because they want businesses to set up shop and employ their citizens (who then pay the taxes). Why do you think china has been so successful? They encouraged foreign companies to set up shop in china to employ their citizens.

Meanwhile, in the USA we have been getting though on business. Raising taxes, more regulation, healthcare laws blah blah blah. Then we wonder why the companies decide to go to India, Mexico, or China who are bending over backwards to cater to them.

Just take my business as an example. If I were to hire an american programmer I'd have to comply with a myriad of employment laws. There is also the risk that the employee will get pissed off for whatever reason and sue me. Did I mention all the tax laws associated with hiring employees?

All of these issues are completely eliminated by hiring a foreigner. With a foreigner all I have to do is tell them what to do and when they are done I pay them for the work they have done. If anything goes wrong then no worries on my part. Its not like they are going to sue me. Hell, they probably can't even afford legal counsel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California