Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
I'm okay with this and don't see anything wrong with it. 34 50.00%
I'm not okay with this. It's wrong and inappropriate. 34 50.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 04:32 AM

204 posts, read 201,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoLA View Post
Oh geez, for the last time, homosexuality is not some "moral choice" that one makes. No gay people (including me) ever made the "choice" to be gay.

For the record, I think there are a lot of good points being raised against teaching this "gender identity" issue, especially to young children, and I would support more anti-bullying activities.

But PLEASE stop with the "gay is an immoral choice" rhetoric. It's $#%# like that which causes young gay people to commit suicide.
That is highly doubtful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 09:25 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Just like people in 1967, when those carpetbaggers conveniently forgot the fact that miscegenation was a very controversial issue, and through silver-tongued activists and constituent-pleasing politicians, forced good American people to accept deviants of two races to be allowed to be married if they loved one another. The indulgence of those with jungle fever!

And the homophobes of today will seem as anachronistic as those racists did back then.
Ok, I'm all for sexual diversity and tolerance (although not at a young age), but will you please stop comparing it to the struggles of racism. This really does not help the cause for sexual tolerance as no one will take you seriously. Yes it's a struggle worth having but in no way can it nor should it be compared to racism.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:03 AM

8,214 posts, read 16,700,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Ok, I'm all for sexual diversity and tolerance (although not at a young age), but will you please stop comparing it to the struggles of racism. This really does not help the cause for sexual tolerance as no one will take you seriously. Yes it's a struggle worth having but in no way can it nor should it be compared to racism.
I agree with you strongly regarding racism. While some feel strongly about their cause, there is no way you can compare this to slavery, segregation, the right to vote, sitting at the back of a bus, being allowed in certain business establishments, references to an inferior breed and intellect, etc...

There needs to be a balance of equal treatment and tolerance for all people, a respect for all people's belief systems whether they be conservative or liberal, gay or straight, Jew or atheist. Otherwise you trample other ppls civil liberties, ideals and beliefs in an attempt to force them to accept your own. And all this at such an early age when a child just needs to be a child vs. a pawn in someone's socio-political agenda which is the same pattern communist countries use to indoctrinate children in their formative years. Rather public schools should focus on better teaching of the primary subjects. Then respect parental rights to teach their children a variety of things at the appropriate time whether they differ from your views or not.

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 06-02-2011 at 10:38 AM..

Old 06-02-2011, 11:48 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsylvanian1 View Post
I believe that the tactics of subtly introducing homosexual/bisexual behaviors to young minds, is not by chance. The fact that the approach, on the surface, seems to be scientific, informative, or designed to instill tolerance, is actually a very deliberate way of circumventing parental authority. Long ago, powerful individuals learned that in order to change society, 4 major areas must be affected, Government, Education, Commerce, and Ecclesiastical views.

Step by step, since the early 70's, the American Psychocological Assoc., gave homosexuals a hand in getting started with this leg of social reform. For most Americans, this testing of the waters of education may simply seem like a logical next step in combating discrimination and intolerance, but it is actually a next step in executing a well thought out plan to completely break down all resistance to this issue, by any means necessary, until Homosexuality 'appears to be' fully accepted in every aspect of our society. Immoral and self-serving men and women in positions of power, and who possess the wealth of our nation, are consistently able to control the flow of information, and wealth.

In another thread, Alfred Kinsey (known for his homosexual research, research in infant and child reactions to sexual stimulation, and sex in the human male and female, in the 1940's), whose pseudo-scientific methods and research are found to be questionable even to this day, though now supported by the University of Indiana, was funded by the Rockefeller Foundation. The foundation, located in N.Y., was founded by one of the richest families in the U.S., specifically, John Rockefeller Sr. This is a quote taken from the foundations webpage, with regard to who receives grants.

" Only proposals that fall within the Foundation’s initiatives are considered. "

My point being, those with the money have had the ability to influence the 4 areas I've mentioned, and they've had that ability for a long time. By the time the general public sees a single development in any of these areas, what we are actually seeing is the unfolding of the agendas of those possessing wealth. This is not a conspiracy, it is how the world works. I believe that with these unpopular educational developments, will come other surpisingly daring ways to accomplish their goals. When we're thinking social policy in the U.S. , they're thinking 'Global'.
Sounds like you may have read "After the Ball: How America Will Conquer its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90's" written by two very brilliant Homosexual men named Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen, both of whom I believe were Harvard graduates. One worked in Madison Avenue Advertising and the other, with a background in politics, worked with High IQ students, I think. The book basically tells how propaganda can be used to alter the thinking of Americans toward Gays. It is the "How To" manual, similar to Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals." Anybody who is curious at all as to how such a small segment of the population has had such a huge influence on our schools, medical profession, music, T.V., movies, etc. and how they have achieved such "success" in promoting their agenda should read this enlightening book.

I, myself, have some sympathy for those who choose a homosexual lifestyle and having libertarian leanings, have a rather "live and let live" attitude. But, after reading this book, I felt completely "Bamboozled" and seeing the propaganda and brainwashing going on with our children is where I draw the line.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:55 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
I agree with you strongly regarding racism. While some feel strongly about their cause, there is no way you can compare this to slavery, segregation, the right to vote, sitting at the back of a bus, being allowed in certain business establishments, references to an inferior breed and intellect, etc...

There needs to be a balance of equal treatment and tolerance for all people, a respect for all people's belief systems whether they be conservative or liberal, gay or straight, Jew or atheist. Otherwise you trample other ppls civil liberties, ideals and beliefs in an attempt to force them to accept your own. And all this at such an early age when a child just needs to be a child vs. a pawn in someone's socio-political agenda which is the same pattern communist countries use to indoctrinate children in their formative years. Rather public schools should focus on better teaching of the primary subjects. Then respect parental rights to teach their children a variety of things at the appropriate time whether they differ from your views or not.

Derek
Glad I could rep you on this. You mentioned something very important; the way communist countries start at such a young age. It's this sort of thing that get's us liberals into trouble. I'm all for teaching tolerance and acceptance, in a country as diverse as ours, we really do need that. However, like you said, just let a kid be a kid. At no point should NAY political agenda be shoved down a child's throat whether it's something we support or are against. Both liberals and conservatives are guilty of this.

And also, while I agree this should be taught AFTER elementary school, I', not sure if I accept the "more than one gender" aspect of it. This to me further diminishes the message as again, no one will take you serious if you tell them there's more than two genders. Let's teach but at the same time, let's keep it realistic and use some common sense.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:59 PM

204 posts, read 201,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Sounds like you may have read "After the Ball: How America Will Conquer its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90's" written by two very brilliant Homosexual men named Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen, both of whom I believe were Harvard graduates. One worked in Madison Avenue Advertising and the other, with a background in politics, worked with High IQ students, I think. The book basically tells how propaganda can be used to alter the thinking of Americans toward Gays. It is the "How To" manual, similar to Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals." Anybody who is curious at all as to how such a small segment of the population has had such a huge influence on our schools, medical profession, music, T.V., movies, etc. and how they have achieved such "success" in promoting their agenda should read this enlightening book.

I, myself, have some sympathy for those who choose a homosexual lifestyle and having libertarian leanings, have a rather "live and let live" attitude. But, after reading this book, I felt completely "Bamboozled" and seeing the propaganda and brainwashing going on with our children is where I draw the line.
My exact sentiments, as the case is with many Americans, (Christians included). Live and let live, in my interpretation simply means, to allow citizens to make their behavioral choices, within the boundaries of the law, within the confines of their respective values, which vary depending on each person's frame of reference. But there are very influential individuals who are not satisfied with this reasoning.

However, though the planning and implementation of long thought out measures to influence our society in ways to which many will not be receptive, by wealthy, influential individuals, is clearly evident, there are limits to which citizens will allow themselves to be herded and prodded.

Without the information highway,(Internet), I suspect success would have been experienced by those in power, on a more consistent, and less obvious basis, but it is now not possible for the wealthy and powerful, to continue on this path without eventually having to bring citizens under a more strict rule of law, in order to impose their will without significant resistance. The goal is not the equality and liberation of American citizens, but rather, the progressive increase of wealth, power, and control. As inconceivable as this may seem to the average American, plans of this magnitude can take generations to accomplish.

A logical question then comes to mind; How could individuals of this status stand to benefit from simply securing rights for homosexuals? This issue of gay rights may seem somewhat insignificant on the surface, but when examined from a historical standpoint, perceived sexual freedoms have done far more damage to the nuclear family than even divorce, and the implications are obvious.

From the perverted research of Alfred Kinsey in the 40's, (funded by the Rockefeller Foundation, and honored by the University of Indiana), to the modern views of single parenting, media supported premarital sex, and of course, abortion, (Planned Parenthood), there seems to be a concerted, deliberate, and financially supported, effort to target the nuclear family. Nuclear Family : A Mother, Father, and children, living as a family unit.

This catering to special interest groups, while it may seem to liberate, actually contributes to separation, confusion, and to the intentional deconstruction of basic morals/traditional values. Another, byproduct, (and possibly the most valuable), of using sexual revolution as a tactic is, that it could perceivably weaken the Ecclesiastical foothold in society.

One step backward for man, One giant step backward for mankind.

Video Link: The transgender agenda in elementary school

Last edited by Pennsylvanian1; 06-02-2011 at 02:18 PM..

Old 06-02-2011, 02:53 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsylvanian1 View Post
My exact sentiments, as the case is with many Americans, (Christians included). Live and let live, in my interpretation simply means, to allow citizens to make their behavioral choices, within the boundaries of the law, within the confines of their respective values, which vary depending on each person's frame of reference. But there are very influential individuals who are not satisfied with this reasoning.

However, though the planning and implementation of long thought out measures to influence our society in ways to which many will not be receptive, by wealthy, influential individuals, is clearly evident, there are limits to which citizens will allow themselves to be herded and prodded.

Without the information highway,(Internet), I suspect success would have been experienced by those in power, on a more consistent, and less obvious basis, but it is now not possible for the wealthy and powerful, to continue on this path without eventually having to bring citizens under a more strict rule of law, in order to impose their will without significant resistance. The goal is not the equality and liberation of American citizens, but rather, the progressive increase of wealth, power, and control. As inconceivable as this may seem to the average American, plans of this magnitude can take generations to accomplish.

A logical question then comes to mind; How could individuals of this status stand to benefit from simply securing rights for homosexuals? This issue of gay rights may seem somewhat insignificant on the surface, but when examined from a historical standpoint, perceived sexual freedoms have done far more damage to the nuclear family than even divorce, and the implications are obvious.

From the perverted research of Alfred Kinsey in the 40's, (funded by the Rockefeller Foundation, and honored by the University of Indiana), to the modern views of single parenting, media supported premarital sex, and of course, abortion, (Planned Parenthood), there seems to be a concerted, deliberate, and financially supported, effort to target the nuclear family. Nuclear Family : A Mother, Father, and children, living as a family unit.

This catering to special interest groups, while it may seem to liberate, actually contributes to separation, confusion, and to the intentional deconstruction of basic morals/traditional values. Another, byproduct, (and possibly the most valuable), of using sexual revolution as a tactic is, that it could perceivably weaken the Ecclesiastical foothold in society.

One step backward for man, One giant step backward for mankind.

Video Link: The transgender agenda in elementary school
And to the obvious end of making for more consumption... Prolonging the period in which one establishes an identity and increasing consumption potential... Identity and meaning found in consumption rather than in the nuclear family unit..

More consumption = the rich getting richer via profit margins and ownership of production.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:58 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,540,341 times
I'm trying to read through the tin-foil hat logic here.

Are you saying the supposed "gay agenda" is a planned design by the "rich and powerful" to create more "consumers"?

Old 06-02-2011, 04:56 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoLA View Post
I'm trying to read through the tin-foil hat logic here.

Are you saying the supposed "gay agenda" is a planned design by the "rich and powerful" to create more "consumers"?
Don't stretch your brain too much .... If you don't get the many ways consumerism culture is pushed and the many avenues it is pushed and call it tin-foil hat, there really isn't much really to be discussed...

Rub shoulders with the right people and open your eyes a bit and maybe the logic will become more clear to you. It's better that most live in the dark though .. As a shareholder of many of these corporations, I enjoy massive brainless consumption. It's just something my kids and household will be aware exists and wont participate in.

TV Executives Admit in Taped Interviews That Hollywood Pushes a Liberal Agenda (Exclusive Video) - The Hollywood Reporter

Old 06-02-2011, 05:27 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,540,341 times
How does "massive brainless consumption" get equated with "liberal agenda" which is then somehow equated to being gay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California