Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
I'm okay with this and don't see anything wrong with it. 34 50.00%
I'm not okay with this. It's wrong and inappropriate. 34 50.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:25 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
When parents are pushing their hate onto their children, you better believe that I don't want it.

Amazing how the liberally brainwashed heathens who go through school all the way through college are the ones most likely to be married and have children in wedlock. Damn hippie rabble-rousing American educational system!

Numbers Drop for the Married With Children - washingtonpost.com

It was the hippies who promoted casual sex, divorce, & de-stigmatizing out of wedlocl births. As usual, this hit the poor the hardest, but the hippies blame all of the gap in income/wealth on conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 11:46 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
At a certain age, you have formed your identity and are less vulnerable to any form of persuasion as to who you are... So, why is teaching about sexual diversity not an issue towards the end of highschool or into college not a problem? Simple, kids are no longer in their impressionable stages .. confused as to what their identity is and you basically aren't going to impact them much at that point
Once again, it seems like posters like you are thinking that the whole point of this is for indoctrination into a lifestyle. I'm guessing it has more to do with bullying . . . which is why the schools are looking to introduce this to kids in their impressionable stages.

Personally, if schools and parents were more vigiliant when it came to bullying and had lesson/home time devoted to talking about it, then specific teaching about sexuality wouldn't need to be done that early.

Of course since that subject wouldn't fall into math/reading/science/history, I'm sure people would complain about public schools talking about that as well.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
It was the hippies who promoted casual sex, divorce, & de-stigmatizing out of wedlocl births. As usual, this hit the poor the hardest, but the hippies blame all of the gap in income/wealth on conservatives.
The poor and Catholic priests, apparently.

US Catholic Church study blames 1960s permissiveness for rise in sexual abuse | World news | guardian.co.uk

Old 05-31-2011, 12:09 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,790 times
Quote:
Just like people in 1967, when those carpetbaggers conveniently forgot the fact that miscegenation was a very controversial issue, and through silver-tongued activists and constituent-pleasing politicians, forced good American people to accept deviants of two races to be allowed to be married if they loved one another. The indulgence of those with jungle fever!

And the homophobes of today will seem as anachronistic as those racists did back then.
LMFAO ! .. Here come the homosexuals dare comparing their struggle to that buried in racism ... buried in slavery .. Yeah, you guys are really drawing a crowd by making such idiotic comparisons... Slavery existing first and that took a while to get rid of .. from there was the racial tension that existed ... which resulted in the views of interracial marriage. Homosexual marriage is hardly in any way of the same magnitude. That being said, I don't recall going through a specific public school system education on interracial marriage or interracial relations... That is a topic best kept for the home... and from what I know there are certain races/cultures/people that still ban such practices... and its totally within their right to do so and to teach their kids such practices. It is not the public school systems duty funded by tax payers to weigh into such an issue as it has no academic value as doesn't the teaching of homosexual lifestyles.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Once again, it seems like posters like you are thinking that the whole point of this is for indoctrination into a lifestyle. I'm guessing it has more to do with bullying . . . which is why the schools are looking to introduce this to kids in their impressionable stages.

Personally, if schools and parents were more vigiliant when it came to bullying and had lesson/home time devoted to talking about it, then specific teaching about sexuality wouldn't need to be done that early.

Of course since that subject wouldn't fall into math/reading/science/history, I'm sure people would complain about public schools talking about that as well.
In case you have forgotten your childhood, anything that deviates from the norm in such years will be picked on/made fun of. Bullying? What is most experienced is name calling and getting picked on.. I don't recall there oft' being physical force being applied and such things called 'bullying'. You can get picked on just for wearing glasses from what I recall of my experience .. Your different and that all that matters to kids at school ... So why don't we have sensitivity classes for how to not pick on nerds, headbangers, goths, people who wear glasses too ... Schools are looking to introduce this to push some half ass liberal agenda and it wreaks of it. The introduction of such a topic during stages when a child is confused and searching for identity will cause way more harm than good.

Personally, there is no epidemic of bullying as people would have you believe. School remains to be school.. a place during certain grades where you will get picked on if you're different.... If i hear people use the word 'f$#got" .. I am going to use the word too .. I am going to call my bro one if he is acting stupid ... If I am a little stubborn kid who likes to pick on people.. I'm going to keep doing it aside from your silly 1 hour course which I will fail to fully understand anyway... It's a stupid waste of time and money and has more potential for harm than good.. and I doubt in any way they just intend for this to be a 1 hour special lesson for super young kids.. they are going to follow up w/ courses in elementary .. then middle school and then highschool.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:17 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
If there was gender segregation, there would be less infidelities.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:28 AM

Quote:
I don't recall going through a specific public school system education on interracial marriage or interracial relations... That is a topic best kept for the home... and from what I know there are certain races/cultures/people that still ban such practices... and its totally within their right to do so and to teach their kids such practices. It is not the public school systems duty funded by tax payers to weigh into such an issue as it has no academic value as doesn't the teaching of homosexual lifestyles.
Talking about racism and the supreme court decision that overturned miscegenation has no academic value? Might as well remove history and social studies from the curriculum as well then. And I'm guessing there's a lot of "reading" that wouldn't have academic value as well . . . probably The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and To Kill a Mockingbird, stuff like that. Well, we'll still have math and science . . . well as long as the science doesn't get into stuff like Darwinism or talk about the theory of global warming. . . and the grammar and sentence diagramming of English. That should cut the school day down to a good three hours . . . although it's going to take you a lot more of your time to teach all of the values you want passed on to your kids.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
In case you have forgotten your childhood, anything that deviates from the norm in such years will be picked on/made fun of. Bullying? What is most experienced is name calling and getting picked on.. I don't recall there oft' being physical force being applied and such things called 'bullying'. You can get picked on just for wearing glasses from what I recall of my experience .. Your different and that all that matters to kids at school ... So why don't we have sensitivity classes for how to not pick on nerds, headbangers, goths, people who wear glasses too ... Schools are looking to introduce this to push some half ass liberal agenda and it wreaks of it. The introduction of such a topic during stages when a child is confused and searching for identity will cause way more harm than good.

Personally, there is no epidemic of bullying as people would have you believe. School remains to be school.. a place during certain grades where you will get picked on if you're different.... If i hear people use the word 'f$#got" .. I am going to use the word too .. I am going to call my bro one if he is acting stupid ... If I am a little stubborn kid who likes to pick on people.. I'm going to keep doing it aside from your silly 1 hour course which I will fail to fully understand anyway... It's a stupid waste of time and money and has more potential for harm than good.. and I doubt in any way they just intend for this to be a 1 hour special lesson for super young kids.. they are going to follow up w/ courses in elementary .. then middle school and then highschool.
Yeah . . . this post crystalizes why I want school districts, not parents, deciding what happens at schools. Wow.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:53 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
This topic was also posted in the Education forum by another poster.

An Oakland school is teaching elementary aged children about "gender diversity", teaching them about transgenderism and gender identity. It is mandatory as well.

I posted it here to see what you guys all thought about this.

Oakland school's lessons in gender diversity
I find it inappropriate for elementary kids, high school is ok. I personally think school should be mainly about academics, and training for what your child is passionate about, or what they are going to pursue in their life as their career, the other stuff should be taught by parents. I know a lot of parents don't take responsibility in those critical areas though. So sad.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Talking about racism and the supreme court decision that overturned miscegenation has no academic value? Might as well remove history and social studies from the curriculum as well then. And I'm guessing there's a lot of "reading" that wouldn't have academic value as well . . . probably The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and To Kill a Mockingbird, stuff like that. Well, we'll still have math and science . . . well as long as the science doesn't get into stuff like Darwinism or talk about the theory of global warming. . . and the grammar and sentence diagramming of English. That should cut the school day down to a good three hours . . . although it's going to take you a lot more of your time to teach all of the values you want passed on to your kids.
What is talked about regarding racism/slavery is the historical record of it..This is a separate topic from interracial marriage which some parents/cultures teach their kids (to this day) is forbidden. And as I recall, such adult topics don't grace a classroom until highschool when kids are capable of discussing them...So, back on topic about teaching kids about gender diversity.. neither of which is similar to racism/slavery... It's akin to interracial relationships and I don't recall any formal classroom discussion that occurred discussing the merits of interracial relationships and how we shouldn't pick on the white girl who is dating the black guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California