Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
I'm okay with this and don't see anything wrong with it. 34 50.00%
I'm not okay with this. It's wrong and inappropriate. 34 50.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:47 AM

36,658 posts, read 67,519,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Though I don't always agree with you on everything, I gotta give you two thumbs up for that one!

It's a hypocritical double standard approach pushing anything/everything liberal including sexuality down children's throats far too early. And if you disagree well, you are automaitcally labeled a bigot and a hater.
Speaking of which. Suppose parents teach their kids something contrary to what the school teaches? Is CPS going to come over and investigate? Possibly have children removed from the home? That is my biggest oppposition to this type of thing being taught in school as part of the cirriculum. That parental rights are taken away by the prevailing political attitudes of a school district. Whether they are deliberately doing it or not, whether they know it or not, this crusade to tell us how to THINK is on a direct collision course with religious freedom. And that's why schools should stick to what they were meant to do, teach math, science, reading etc.

No one is saying discrimination is wrong, in fact, schools should adopt strict zero tolerance policies for bullying of any kind.

But this is taking it too far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 11:49 AM

8,214 posts, read 16,697,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Speaking of which. Suppose parents teach their kids something contrary to what the school teaches? Is CPS going to come over and investigate? Possibly have children removed from the home? That is my biggest oppposition to this type of thing being taught in school as part of the cirriculum. That parental rights are taken away by the prevailing political attitudes of a school district. Whether they are deliberately doing it or not, whether they know it or not, this crusade to tell us how to THINK is on a direct collision course with religious freedom. And that's why schools should stick to what they were meant to do, teach math, science, reading etc.

No one is saying discrimination is wrong, in fact, schools should adopt strict zero tolerance policies for bullying of any kind.

But this is taking it too far.
Agreed, ppl who think this way don't consider the meaning of the Land of the Free. That includes freedom of thought, religion, race, etc... In communist countries you are told not only what to do but what to think. And if you deviate from that narrow group think you are penalized. For those who like this have you stopped to consider All the people groups who utilize the public school system including Jews, Catholics, Protestants, Muslims, Mormons, etc... who disagree with these liberal ideologies. Then lets simply take concerned parents who do want any of it taught by the schools but would rather teach their children themselves.

Is it really that easy to on the one hand say we must separate church and state in the schools removing all references of our nations history and founding principles (One Nation Under God)? Then on the other hand force feed a new religion of thought based on the liberal idealogies of the day. This a completely hypocritical, double standard which only serves one small interest group in our a nation of many.

This has nothing to with hating gays and everything to do with attempts to dictate thought. Bullying and hate crimes need to be addressed diligently and fervantly. But attempting to indoctrinate is overstepping the eduactional system's bounds. Otherwise lets bring religion back into the public schools as well to give equal times to opposing views, which are many and diverse.

Derek

Old 06-01-2011, 11:53 AM

415 posts, read 449,662 times
The point of teaching biology is that you teach so the kids can gain knowledge. It exists, so it needs to be taught. There's noting wrong with tolerance. That's what this will teach children - tolerance. People are haters and bigots because they are some uneducated bums.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:05 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,697,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
The point of teaching biology is that you teach so the kids can gain knowledge. It exists, so it needs to be taught. There's noting wrong with tolerance. That's what this will teach children - tolerance. People are haters and bigots because they are some uneducated bums.
This is obviously an ignorant statement if you think that only liberal people went to school. You must have lived a very sheltered existance to believe such lies (i.e. you already drank the cool-aid). You will find that there are not only conservatives and other concerned citizens who oppose this type of brainwashing, but who have a much higher degree of education than you will ever attain.

Derek

Old 06-01-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
The point of teaching biology is that you teach so the kids can gain knowledge. It exists, so it needs to be taught.
The biological differences between males and females is already taught in health classes.

Quote:
There's noting wrong with tolerance. That's what this will teach children - tolerance.
No, schools need only adopt rules protecting all students from bullying for any reason.

Simple.

Quote:
People are haters and bigots because they are some uneducated bums.
We have no right to force our morals on other people's children.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:09 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,495 times
Quote:
And many fail to perceive the sneaky logic embedded in this biology lesson. As I recall, there was a biology course that taught about asexual animals and the link .. and it was encoded in some sneaky language about tommy the lizard who is a boy but has feelings like a girl ... has parts like a girl etc ... It was taught as a strict science. Idiocy exist in the world due to idiots. A common thread between conservative and both liberal idiots is the failure to think logically and rationally. Tolerance is not taught by some sneaky encrypted story that more or less communicates homosexuality and homosexual thoughts are o.k. I was taught it is not o.k and it was not allowed in my fathers house yet I have gay friends.. my freshman year in college came to found out after the 3rd week that my roommate was gay and was totally fine with it ... didn't change behavior regarding walking around in boxers afraid he was going to grab my junk... So, somehow I had tolerance .. I didn't sit through some contrived course about peter the gay platypus ....

Why? Because my parents taught me to treat everyone w/ respect and as though they are equal human beings.. A simple message that was further enforced by observations of the benefits of tolerance and acceptance of others. So please, give me a break .. this is not a biology lesson. This is an encrypted message which will be perceived in obvious ways by young children. Biology courses begin when a kid has the mental facility to process the information and you dont have to talk in cryptic language...

Makes me glad I am considering not starting a family in this zoo !

Old 06-01-2011, 03:14 PM

204 posts, read 201,096 times
I believe that the tactics of subtly introducing homosexual/bisexual behaviors to young minds, is not by chance. The fact that the approach, on the surface, seems to be scientific, informative, or designed to instill tolerance, is actually a very deliberate way of circumventing parental authority. Long ago, powerful individuals learned that in order to change society, 4 major areas must be affected, Government, Education, Commerce, and Ecclesiastical views.

Step by step, since the early 70's, the American Psychocological Assoc., gave homosexuals a hand in getting started with this leg of social reform. For most Americans, this testing of the waters of education may simply seem like a logical next step in combating discrimination and intolerance, but it is actually a next step in executing a well thought out plan to completely break down all resistance to this issue, by any means necessary, until Homosexuality 'appears to be' fully accepted in every aspect of our society. Immoral and self-serving men and women in positions of power, and who possess the wealth of our nation, are consistently able to control the flow of information, and wealth.

In another thread, Alfred Kinsey (known for his homosexual research, research in infant and child reactions to sexual stimulation, and sex in the human male and female, in the 1940's), whose pseudo-scientific methods and research are found to be questionable even to this day, though now supported by the University of Indiana, was funded by the Rockefeller Foundation. The foundation, located in N.Y., was founded by one of the richest families in the U.S., specifically, John Rockefeller Sr. This is a quote taken from the foundations webpage, with regard to who receives grants.

" Only proposals that fall within the Foundation’s initiatives are considered. "

My point being, those with the money have had the ability to influence the 4 areas I've mentioned, and they've had that ability for a long time. By the time the general public sees a single development in any of these areas, what we are actually seeing is the unfolding of the agendas of those possessing wealth. This is not a conspiracy, it is how the world works. I believe that with these unpopular educational developments, will come other surpisingly daring ways to accomplish their goals. When we're thinking social policy in the U.S. , they're thinking 'Global'.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:25 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,540,085 times
Oh geez, for the last time, homosexuality is not some "moral choice" that one makes. No gay people (including me) ever made the "choice" to be gay.

For the record, I think there are a lot of good points being raised against teaching this "gender identity" issue, especially to young children, and I would support more anti-bullying activities.

But PLEASE stop with the "gay is an immoral choice" rhetoric. It's $#%# like that which causes young gay people to commit suicide.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:34 PM

21,875 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
I again restate the definition of normal :
nor·mal/ˈnôrməl/
Adjective: Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.
Noun: The usual, average, or typical state or condition.

The typical condition was heterosexual all throughout history as is it is in nature. You can sit there and believe different all you want but the majority/average weren't running around playing w/ the same sex. As stated, it came about during times of heightened 'exploration' .. as did orgies ... as did Polygamy and polyandry ... So, if yo want to open pandora's box again ... And do so to children and communicate to them that it is perfectly normal to play w/ the same sex as well as the opposite ... or both at the same time... or multiple of the same ... or multiple of the different kind ... or animals if they prefer .. you go right ahead and do that in the privacy of your home to your little kid but that junk is going to stay far removed from the innocent ears of my child. I wasn't concerned much with the topic of 'identity' when I was in K-12 as I was mainly focused on my studies and excelling at them. This was made easier by having a gender identity i could align to ... and develop along w/o much confusion.

Human beings have free-will, for the sake of getting off and fulfilling our sexual freedom we can will ourselves to just about any deviant act we want to. If you feel this is good for society, be your own guest and practice it as an adult .. but keep your fantasies of expression the hell away from my kid.

And people wonder why groups of guys are being found gang raping little girls in highschool when they should be focused on their studies...

I am not sure if you know this but exposure to such ideas and concepts can have pretty damming effects at a young age.

Deviant sexual expression is an adult choice and its something you can willfully explore on your own when you become an adult with the mental facilities that enable you to ponder such practices .. At no point did I reference religion or morals in the matter... I speak mainly from the order and stability of society. I think the minority of people in society who feel the need to get their jollies off in ever increasing permutations fail to see what such wider spread practice would do to society and social fabric. They honestly don't care .... It works for them and w/o careful consideration, feel it can work for the wider society. The periods you speak about w/ heightened sexual exploration also came w/ other heightened behaviors.. This openness brought in a lot of bad as well as good ... Sure some males might have thoughts of the same sex and surpress them so as to conform to a certain gender identity .. I find nothing wrong w/ that. Some might feel they want to choke the crap out of someone and surpress them to .. For a functional and stable society, it is necessary to surpress certain desires ... Surpression of certain desires is not always a bad thing.

Take Rome for instance ... They felt it were entertaining to watch people fight to their bloody death for sport .. A wife? what is that ... have sex w/ any and everything .. deer .. cows .. men.. women .. all at the same time ... life is your oyster.

I think for the sake of stable societies, people learned that you cannot condone or allow such rampant practices of such acts. Sure, as human beings we can come up w/ just about anything and w/o social constructs to steer us would try just about anything but take a moment and think about what kind of society you will have w/ such practices ... when a kid should be most focused on their studies and not what creative permutations of identity they should explore. At some point you have to settle on an identity and focus on your work ... If you want to explore identity, that is best and most functionally served later in your adulthood ..

This is so society is most productive and orderly.... Things that underly the very foundation of developed prosperous countries... but if you feel it is in our advantage to revert back to wild explorations of lawlessness and disorder.. During a time when our country is not most productive and is projected to be soon slipping behind the developing world .....feel free to construct some roman theaters and lets get the orgies started asap ! I think during this time of excess non-productive idiocy .. we could use more of it .. So, lets all take a break from trying to get ourselves, states, and our country out of debt and lets start exploring any and every desire we have. Lets have a renaissance right now ! HEar hear
I don't really see any point in debating diction or etymology with someone such as yourself who can't tell the difference between a noun and an adjective.

Fortunately, that isn't necessary. We agree that schools should teach science, and science considers homosexuality normal human behavior. Whether you chose to believe the Jebus Book over science is largely irrelevant to the matter at hand.

Whether it's moral or not is entirely different point. Science makes no claim on the morality of homosexuals or homosexual acts. Lots of completely normal human behaviors are immoral.

Teach kids to not hate based on gender is gender diversity. Not hating is a pretty fundamental part of the Jebus Book, so I really don't see what the problem is. It's not like its a one hour class of Let's Practice Having Homosexual Sex followed by a homework assignment of Have Sex With The Family Dog.

Last edited by Malloric; 06-01-2011 at 06:00 PM..

Old 06-01-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoLA View Post
Oh geez, for the last time, homosexuality is not some "moral choice" that one makes. No gay people (including me) ever made the "choice" to be gay.

For the record, I think there are a lot of good points being raised against teaching this "gender identity" issue, especially to young children, and I would support more anti-bullying activities.

But PLEASE stop with the "gay is an immoral choice" rhetoric. It's $#%# like that which causes young gay people to commit suicide.
This is why I support broad condemnation of all bullying, which should be clearly defined as any verbal, physical and psychological abuse.

We don't have to agree on morals but I think we can all agree that the real message we should be sending to kids is that disrespecting and/or disparaging their peers for any reason will not be tolerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California