Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 03:06 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,085,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
It is not hard to discover. Hell just go out and talk to people in this state and be alarmed at how many are claiming disability when there is NOTHING wrong with them but the entitlement bug!
If its not hard to discover then feel free to show me information that supports your claims. Nothing you posted supports what you've suggested, instead, its a bunch of numbers (out of context) about California. Talking to people certainly isn't going to tell me how abuse of social programs in California compares to other states...

As I asked before, do you have any information that suggests that abuse of social programs in California is greater than other states. Again, you have to adjust for population and the number of social programs. The question isn't whether California has more social programs or not, that is obvious....

All states have disability programs and disability is largely federal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
> Several points are made w/ data backing them
Points are made and data is posted, but there is little connection between the two. The data is just a red herring and that is largely what I'm pointing out. You are just looking around the internet for any numbers that seem bad, it doesn't matter the source, how it relates to the topic etc. As I said, you're not analyzing this objectively...its just an emotional mess.

I only post data when its relevant....

Last edited by user_id; 06-08-2011 at 03:20 PM..

Old 06-08-2011, 03:14 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Points are made and data is posted, but there is little connection between the two. The data is just a red herring and that is largely what I'm pointing out. You are just looking around the internet for any numbers that seem bad, it doesn't matter the source, how it retails to the topic etc. As I said, you're not analyzing this objectively...its just an emotional mess.

I only post data when its relevant....
No one w/ half a brain takes you or your 'opinion' serious anymore .. you can reference all the logical fallacy types you like ..
In order to for any of your mindless critiques to have any impact, you must provide counter info. and analysis ...

Someone posts a deficit #on CA .. your reply "You are just looking around the internet for any numbers that seem bad, it doesn't matter the source, how it retails to the topic etc." / "you're not analyzing this objectively...its just an emotional mess."

Someone post fraud/abuse in CA :
"You are just looking around the internet for any numbers that seem bad, it doesn't matter the source, how it retails to the topic etc." / "you're not analyzing this objectively...its just an emotional mess."

But boy oh boy can you take a deficit number from texas and forget to divide by 2 because its biennial and kick up a wrong comparison of your own ....
Any apology for that or admittance that your wrong? Hey .. lets use user_id's words against him :

"You are just looking around the internet for any numbers that seem bad, it doesn't matter the source, how it retails to the topic etc." / "you're not analyzing this objectively...its just an emotional mess."

Obvious troll is obvious...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/73/Trollface.png/200px-Trollface.png (broken link)

The great thing about you is that you are gonna stay here and love it no matter how bad things get .. So, you'll get a front row seat to see how your 'theories' about CA plays out... I hope you enjoy the show.. Things haven't even gotten ugly yet and I am.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 06-08-2011 at 03:24 PM..

Old 06-08-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I ask you for proof, and you tell me I can find my own info?
I'm assuming you know how to use a search engine. For example, "education cuts in California" will surely lead you to the amount that has been cut from the education budget.

Quote:
He hosted a radio talk show a few days later, and stated that he went because he wants to solve the state's problems.
Yes, because you can always take what politicians say at face value right?

This is pretty obvious, he wants to run for governor but also knows he is too far left and is seen as a partisan. Going to Texas is just an opportunity to change his political imagine, speaking out against other democrats is just to give the appearance of bipartisan.

But you are free to think he is legitimately going to Texas to learn about their success...

Quote:
As for being too far left to win CA? Jeez, Chavez isn't too far left for that.
This of course is ridiculous, we just had a Republican governor for 2 terms. As a whole California is center-left, its just a handful of areas that swing more left (bay area, west LA, etc), most areas are in the center or right leaning.

I'm glad you have already moved!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:08 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,447,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
No one w/ half a brain takes you or your 'opinion' serious anymore .. you can reference all the logical fallacy types you like ..
In order to for any of your mindless critiques to have any impact, you must provide counter info. and analysis ...

Someone posts a deficit #on CA .. your reply "You are just looking around the internet for any numbers that seem bad, it doesn't matter the source, how it retails to the topic etc." / "you're not analyzing this objectively...its just an emotional mess."

Someone post fraud/abuse in CA :

But boy oh boy can you take a deficit number from texas and forget to divide by 2 because its biennial and kick up a wrong comparison of your own ....
Any apology for that or admittance that your wrong? Hey .. lets use user_id's words against him :

Obvious troll is obvious...

The great thing about you is that you are gonna stay here and love it no matter how bad things get .. So, you'll get a front row seat to see how your 'theories' about CA plays out... I hope you enjoy the show.. Things haven't even gotten ugly yet and I am.

I bet he still believes in Santa Clause as well! We can show him it is not true and how the story came about as well...but we all know he will grasp at almost anything to say we don't know what we are talking about!

Old 06-08-2011, 06:20 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,697,746 times
Lost decade: Debt fuels slow economic growth, unemployment - Jun. 8, 2011

Quote:
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The economy is still struggling. And Americans are in for a long and painful adjustment period.

One major reason: their own household debt.

Many experts say private debt owed by households, as well as businesses, is an even bigger problem than the government debt that's getting so much attention lately. And it won't be solved without a difficult stretch of high unemployment and slow growth that will likely last for six or seven more years, producing America's own version of Japan's "Lost Decade."
Cutting government spending, redundancy, and jobs is looking better and better when unemployment and slow growth will likely last another 6 to 10 more years.

Yeah, RAISE taxes on the low and middle income folks and let the gov't grow. That will surely solve the budget deficit, right?

Old 06-08-2011, 06:30 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,965 times
If California is so bad for business, why do so many corporations call CA home?

Old 06-08-2011, 06:43 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,399,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
If California is so bad for business, why do so many corporations call CA home?
Because the execs like to live here.

Most of the corporations HQed here are adding most of their new jobs in other states (or overseas).

The days of large numbers of middle income type jobs in California are over.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Because the execs like to live here.

Most of the corporations HQed here are adding most of their new jobs in other states (or overseas).

The days of large numbers of middle income type jobs in California are over.
Also, even ones HQed here are generally not incorporated here.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:46 PM

user_id = the typical customer who would buy "What's Wrong With Kansas.

Leftist echo chamber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California