Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 12:40 AM

1,457 posts, read 6,009,714 times

Advertisements

I've been using Crescent City as my exit route out of Jedediah Smith Redwoods about every few weeks the past year, after exploring, and before driving back to Applegate Valley in Oregon near Grants Pass.

I explore the redwoods for the day, take photos...

Grove of Titans / Jed Smith Redwoods (broken link)

Afterward I head west a few miles and re-charge my calories at Crescent City's Carl's Junior or Subway sandwich.

There's a nice restaurant I tried there once - seems it was called The Wharf.

I'm curious if there is a Skipper's there. Anyhow, restaurants and food is what I find practical about Crescent City. It's beaches are so-so, but the climate is agreeable. I work outdoors, so rain, mist and fog is awesome in my book.

The town might be boring being away from big city stuff - for children. But I've heard kids and teens complain about things in big towns and small towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 10:57 AM

9 posts, read 25,670 times
Default Crescent City is the bomb

Hi, I am from Crescent City and I work in Klamath about 20 minutes from CCity. I moved here from another town east of here. I have lived in Crescent City for eight years and I absolutely love this place. My son was entering the eighth grade when I moved here that summer and he graduated from Del Norte High School in 2007, excelled in sports, football and wrestling and this town is so dedicated to these sports programs.

Moving here was the best thinig I could have ever done for my son. We have met so many great people and anyone wishing to relocate to a small town with minimal amenities would definitely like it here. The restaurants are not that many neither for the fast food places.

I also beleive that CCity is the only place affordable on the California Coast. My house has been on the market for the past year and it is near the beach approximately 3 blocks away. I am selling my home because I own another home that I am relocating to and I need to downsize and sell one of them. I will miss this little city.

I would definitely recommend the schools here and all the drama with the prison is half truths. I would listen to someone who has worked their and possibly someone who may be disabled because of the work environment is what I would recommend. Hope this helps.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,071 times
Unhappy undecided

I have a family of four and we are planning to move to northern california and I was just wondering about Eureka. I've done a little research but I want to know what it's like living, working, and going to school there (kindergarten and preschool). Is the crime rate really bad? It seems like a good area but since I've never been there I want to get some advice before I uproot my family...thanks!

Old 09-19-2011, 12:13 PM

5 posts, read 16,627 times
Hello there all of you Smith River and Crescent City residents. I writing from far away Pennsylvania. My husband and I are looking to relocate with our 3 girls in the next 2 years and your little towns caught my eye. We are so tired of the weather here and are looking for a milder climate. We are also looking for a different mentality than the one here on the eastern U.S. of status and brand names. From all I've read all of the pacific NW is so much more laid back and friendly. And who could ask for more beautiful surroundings. My husband is in the process of becoming a certified electrician and I will be teaching 7th - 12th grade social studies. Can any of you tell me more about your beautiful little town, surrounding area and the job outlook? Thanks so much in advance.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:38 PM

3 posts, read 4,171 times
I will move to crescent city to work at Pelican State prison by Jan 21, 2012. I am looking for a room to share near by . Any Ideas. I am by myself, no pets. I do not want a whole house. I want to spend only $300 to $500 for any simple cheap room.
phone 951 842 9366
Thanks

Old 05-30-2012, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,553 times
I am sort of like JordanD. I'm from Fresno (very bad now) and would like to know more about crescent city. I'm middle-aged, disabled and half african american. I would love to live in a small, quiet little community where I can soak up the beautiful scenery an have a little peace and quiet and solitude amongst some nice people in town. Please give me any advice or info that can describe the atmosphere in crescent city. Thank you!

Old 06-01-2012, 08:26 PM

463 posts, read 1,288,018 times
I lived in CC until 8th grade. What do you want to know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California