Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 04:03 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,931,794 times

Advertisements

Our biannual information statement renewal was due at the end of May for our California LLC. So, in the beginning of May we sent in the renewal form (no changes) and the $20 check for processing to the Secretary of State. We STILL haven't received our updated statement nor has the check been cashed!

I've called and been left on hold for over an hour each time and never have been able to get through to check on the status. I've also emailed about 5 times now trying to check the status and I've yet to receive a reply.

Finally, paranoid that it was lost in mail, I sent in another $20 check and form (this time certified mail with tracking) in mid June... and still nothing. I verified it was delivered.

I can understand with budget cuts the processing is backlogged, but wouldn't they cash the check ASAP to get the money? This is going on a 3 month turnaround! I'm scared that they're going to somehow try to claim it's late or something and fine us the $250.

Just so bizarre! Has anyone else had this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 08:49 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
That's your government hard at work. LOL

Old 07-25-2011, 10:55 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
I do my corporate filing online (Sub S). takes me about 5 minutes. I don't know if the LLC is different.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:14 PM

As DMenscha stated this would have been faster.

https://businessfilings.sos.ca.gov/

Also there is an alert on the SOS home page explaining processing issues.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:26 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,457,153 times
A lot of State employees I know have left State service for better paying jobs in private industry, and several have moved to other states that have better economies.

With the hiring freeze still in effect, there will continue to be less and less people to do the same amount of work. I've heard it will start getting better around 2015.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I do my corporate filing online (Sub S). takes me about 5 minutes. I don't know if the LLC is different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
As DMenscha stated this would have been faster.

https://businessfilings.sos.ca.gov/

Also there is an alert on the SOS home page explaining processing issues.
I would have loved to do it online--unfortunately that's not an option for LLCs apparently at this point in time.

I saw the alert, just didn't expect it to be this long...

I'm not really looking for a "solution" so to speak, I was just wondering if others may have had the same issue.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
I would have loved to do it online--unfortunately that's not an option for LLCs apparently at this point in time.

I saw the alert, just didn't expect it to be this long...

I'm not really looking for a "solution" so to speak, I was just wondering if others may have had the same issue.
Well that just sucks. So much for the STATE of Kalifornia being on the cutting edge of everything like most liberals on this board would have us believe.

Hope you get it processed with no more issues.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:56 PM

By the way, in case anyone is searching online and finds this... I got an email reply finally and they said that they're processing the renewal statements from MARCH still. OMG! So I guess that I don't have too much to worry about. =]

Old 08-14-2011, 05:14 AM

454 posts, read 1,242,755 times
lol, why did you create California LLC? I'd move over to Nevada or Delaware.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,559 times
Unbelievable right? This same thing has happened to me. I sent my $20 check and statement of information in mid June, and it still hasn't been cashed. Had the same worry about the state trying to charge $250. I'll definitely file online next year if that's possible so that there is a printed record right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California