U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 12:12 PM

40,882 posts, read 36,692,475 times

Advertisements

Less Academics, More Narcissism by Heather Mac Donald - City Journal

Not only have diversity sinecures been protected from budget cuts, their numbers are actually growing. The University of California at San Diego, for example, is creating a new full-time “vice chancellor for equity, diversity, and inclusion.” This position would augment UC San Diego’s already massive diversity apparatus, which includes the Chancellor’s Diversity Office, the associate vice chancellor for faculty equity, the assistant vice chancellor for diversity, the faculty equity advisors, the graduate diversity coordinators, the staff diversity liaison, the undergraduate student diversity liaison, the graduate student diversity liaison, the chief diversity officer, the director of development for diversity initiatives, the Office of Academic Diversity and Equal Opportunity, the Committee on Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation Issues, the Committee on the Status of Women, the Campus Council on Climate, Culture and Inclusion, the Diversity Council, and the directors of the Cross-Cultural Center, the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Resource Center, and the Women’s Center.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 06:09 PM

25,627 posts, read 32,936,703 times
Saw your lonely little thread here thought I would contribute.

Had a conversation with my Brother this weekend who just promoted to Police Captain with a local PD. Fiscal abuse in governmental departments in our city is rampant according to him. After a few beers went down he started complaining about all his brothers in blue who now report to him abusing overtime and pension program spiking within his own department. I thought he was gonna kill someone when he started talking about the Flame Fighters overpaid overstaffed overcompensated employees and fire houses. I just sat back and said with a smile. Welcome to Management my brother I said with a smile, didn't hear you complaigning when you were one of those rank and file PD union members sucking in the big bucks.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:19 PM

12,824 posts, read 21,688,035 times
Sussman has a Whistlblower Wednesday feature on his show. Plenty still left to cut. And many who should be arrested.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:07 AM

40,882 posts, read 36,692,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Saw your lonely little thread here thought I would contribute.

Had a conversation with my Brother this weekend who just promoted to Police Captain with a local PD. Fiscal abuse in governmental departments in our city is rampant according to him. After a few beers went down he started complaining about all his brothers in blue who now report to him abusing overtime and pension program spiking within his own department. I thought he was gonna kill someone when he started talking about the Flame Fighters overpaid overstaffed overcompensated employees and fire houses. I just sat back and said with a smile. Welcome to Management my brother I said with a smile, didn't hear you complaigning when you were one of those rank and file PD union members sucking in the big bucks.
That list of bloated programs is enough to let everyone know it's being abused. I don't even want to think about pension spiking too.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:18 AM

25,627 posts, read 32,936,703 times
Just like the liberals to sacrifice our countries education system on the alter of diversity. Amazing none of the usual suspects have been here to defend this gross and negligent spending.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:18 AM

7,150 posts, read 9,404,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Just like the liberals to sacrifice our countries education system on the alter of diversity. Amazing none of the usual suspects have been here to defend this gross and negligent spending.
I've been avoiding politics and social controversy ... but, just for fun, since you are imploring for a "usual suspect" to defend and get the juices flowing .... ah, here ya go, I'll throw this piece of meat into the ring:
observing the condition of the world as we live in it today, as the [failed] result of the social and political mores (that's as pronounced 'morayes' for you meatheads -- look it up) of the generally accepted values of neo-Christian western culture by its own definitions -- etc etc -- ... something ain't working, huh? Maybe, instead of continuing to "do the same things over and over again and expecting different results" -- uh, maybe, just maybe purple Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender half human half goat Zoroasters could do a better job of leading cultural evolution.

Not sayin' it would be so ... just sayin'

I don't happen to be one, myself ... don't care for any culture, personally (except the pygmies -- they are Truly evolved) ... the Dunbar Number is the real limiter of human development (look it up) ... but I can't see where a purple Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender half human half goat Zoroaster world would be any worse than the total cluster**** we live in at the moment.

There, chew on that in between writing proposals for raping and pillaging, hoss

Old 07-29-2011, 11:41 AM

23,599 posts, read 33,530,427 times
Actually, that would be pronounced morays, like the eels, not morayes which conjurs up images of additional sailors.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:51 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,049,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
I've been avoiding politics and social controversy ... but, just for fun, since you are imploring for a "usual suspect" to defend and get the juices flowing .... ah, here ya go, I'll throw this piece of meat into the ring:
observing the condition of the world as we live in it today, as the [failed] result of the social and political mores (that's as pronounced 'morayes' for you meatheads -- look it up) of the generally accepted values of neo-Christian western culture by its own definitions -- etc etc -- ... something ain't working, huh? Maybe, instead of continuing to "do the same things over and over again and expecting different results" -- uh, maybe, just maybe purple Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender half human half goat Zoroasters could do a better job of leading cultural evolution.

Not sayin' it would be so ... just sayin'

I don't happen to be one, myself ... don't care for any culture, personally (except the pygmies -- they are Truly evolved) ... the Dunbar Number is the real limiter of human development (look it up) ... but I can't see where a purple Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender half human half goat Zoroaster world would be any worse than the total cluster**** we live in at the moment.

There, chew on that in between writing proposals for raping and pillaging, hoss

Stupid is Stupid .. Don't forget that...
Stupid comes in the form of democrat/republican
Stupid comes in the form of gay/straight.

You elect a dumba$$ gay person, you're gonna get the same result as electing a dumba$$ straight person.

The issue that is trending is that the dumb are growing in number in this country .. It's a feedback loop.. You have dumb in govt. as a result of this country being a democracy.

Gay/Straight ... Missing limbs.. Doesn't matter.. You'd just be re-arranging the deck chairs on the titanic .. Lets all bring back an elementary school concept so it's clear

A = Gay
B = Straight

Some A&B are dumba$$es (middle overlap portion)... That's who you have running the show.

A = Democrat
B = Republican

Some A&B are dumba$$es (middle overlap portion)... That's who you have running the show.

The results of dumba$$es running the show are expected.... Electing some other dumba$$ because his skin color is diff... Electing some other dumba$$ because she likes to rub against another woman .. Will result in the same result .. Because the skin color... political affiliation .. w/ whom they like to rub junk against is immaterial and not the common root cause for why things are screwed up..

That's the ignorant view point of dumba$$es in this country.. and you will most often find that 'group' they feel are dumba$$es are most furthest from characteristics they embody.. It's a cognitive effort to try to distance the possibility that they themselves and people like them are dumba$$es ..

Any questions?

Old 07-29-2011, 12:08 PM

3,700 posts, read 13,742,705 times
Here's another example government waste. Yosemite NP has spent $5.8 million to install solar panels at the maintance yard/employee housing area just outside the park at El Portal. This area is in the Merced River canyon which gets the sun from late morning to early afternoon. This will result in a $50,000 a year savings for power they don't have to buy from PG&E. At that rate, how many decades will it be before they recoup the costs of the solar panels?

Solar Power Luxury in Yosemite National Park - Naturally at Taxpayer Expense - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

Old 07-29-2011, 12:16 PM

23,599 posts, read 33,530,427 times
Comes to 9.67 years unless you want to factor possible interest revenues if the $5.8 million was saved/invested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: