Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 02:17 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,682,104 times

Advertisements

I'd rather vote for Ron Paul than support Barack Obama or have third Bush in the office. The rest of the GOP candidates for 2012 are dweebs acting as poseurs who spew nothing but rhetoric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 02:19 PM

198 posts, read 506,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Because the leader of that 'backwards' place(your words not mine) wants to be our President and its important that we know everything about him.

Wouldnt you agree?

Furthermore, this thread is not really about Texas, but about Rick Perry and how his distortions and half truths paint a picture that is not in concert with reality. Texas was simply the state he shat on. It could have happened anywhere.
RE "backwards place" I thought for sure you'd understand I was being Ironic. No?

I wish we could apply the same standard of "needing to know everything possible about a presidential candidate" to the current POS POTUS when he was a candidate.
But - I'm sure the media will be very fair in this matter. (more irony in case you missed it.)

Make no mistake it's also about Texas and the antipathy towards Texas from many CA.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:20 PM

8,195 posts, read 16,617,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
From what Ive seen from Perry so far ... he would be 1000 times better than Obama.
Would Perry be any better or different than Bush? If so how/why? The reason I ask is that I think Obama did a better job than Bush and I voted for both as a Republican! Both were/are far from perfect. But I think Bush caused more harm overall to the nation and the economy. I don't see Perry as being much different in his ideolgies of Gov't and the way he would 'try' to get things done.

Derek

Old 08-19-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Would Perry be any better or different than Bush? If so how/why? The reason I ask is that I think Obama did a better job than Bush and I voted for both as a Republican! Both were/are far from perfect. But I think Bush caused more harm overall to the nation and the economy. I don't see Perry as being much different in his ideolgies of Gov't and the way he would 'try' to get things done.

Derek
Perry would be the third Bush.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:37 PM

8,195 posts, read 16,617,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Perry would be the third Bush.
That's exactly what I'm concerned with. While turning a lazy eye toward corporate corruption, abuse, pollution, etc... he would proceed to systematically cut and slash all social programs, education, infrastructure, etc... in the name of the American dream and freedom. All the while we would be headed back to where Bush left us in 2009 -> in a big mess.

Though Michele Bachmann may be worse than Perry. I just heard her state that the best thing that could be done for the EPA would be to close it down entirely. Genius! Then let the companies like BP have a field day off our shorelines! Who needs those silly gov't regulation things anyway when there is oil to be had and nuclear reactors to build. Those oversight agencies just slow true progress.

Derek

Old 08-19-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
That's exactly what I'm concerned with. While turning a lazy eye toward corporate corruption, abuse, pollution he would proceed to systematically cut and slash all social programs, education, infrastructure, etc... in the name of the American dream and freedom. All the while we would be headed back to where Bush left us - in a big mess.

Though Michele Bachmann may be worse than Perry. I just heard her state that the best thing that could be done for the EPA would be to close it down entirely. Genius, then let the company like BP have a field day on our shorelines! Who needs those silly gov't regulation things anyway.

Derek

We're in a tough spot come 2012. Do we elect another Bush into the office, Perry's predecessor that devastated our economy with two unfunded wars and low taxes, or do we elect Obama whose focus was misplaced when he put most of his efforts on healthcare reform instead of creating jobs during the first 2 years of his term?

We are so screwed in 2012 and will likely be for another 4 years.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:46 PM

36,641 posts, read 67,283,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
I'd rather vote for Ron Paul than support Barack Obama or have third Bush in the office. The rest of the GOP candidates for 2012 are dweebs acting as poseurs who spew nothing but rhetoric.
Im not really enamored by anyone at this time.

They're all ridiculous-Rick Perry and Michelle Bachmann being the most ridiculous of the lot.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:48 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,953,560 times
Quote:
I never said that I support Barack Obama.

You don't have to say it explicitly. Your posts that support of the progressive liberal agenda ... especially in California politics ... shows your true colors.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Im not really enamored by anyone at this time.

They're all ridiculous-Rick Perry and Michelle Bachmann being the most ridiculous of the lot.
If it comes down to a GOP or Tea Party lunatic vs. Obama, then unfortunately, I will have to vote for Obama -- but while holding my nose....

Old 08-19-2011, 03:01 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,647,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
You don't have to say it explicitly. Your posts that support of the progressive liberal agenda ... especially in California politics ... shows your true colors.
He does seem pretty bright there Donni.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California