Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 4,867 times

Advertisements

I'm 25, live in Oregon for now but I've maintained a CA license & plates. Got a ticket for going 84 in a 65 my first ever ticket - other than parking tix (paid), I've had a spotless record since I got in some accidents in 06/07. I went to "court" today and was surprised after my research that all I actually did was talk to a clerk who reduced the ticket as much as she could and I paid it on the spot.

Oregon apparently doesn't use a point system but obviously tickets still are bad for my insurance & looking bad to officers if I let my lead foot take over in the future. They told me in the court office that there's no traffic school unless even for insurance/improvement purposes you're under 18, which seems to contradict what I've read for example:
www.dmv.org/or-oregon/traffic-schools.php

http://www.speedingticketcentral.com...ng-ticket.html

Btw, I have AAA auto insurance. So...
-Will I actually get points since I have a CA license? How many?
-When/will AAA find out about the ticket? Is my insurance likely to go up? Am I correct in thinking it's a bad idea to call AAA about it?

-How long will the ticket stay on my record? In OR? In CA? The clerk told me CA "priors" wouldn't show up for them (though I didn't have any anyway), so in reverse will this OR ticket even show up to CA cops?

-Can I take an OR traffic or "driver improvement" course to get the ticket off my record for insurance and/or cleaning up how my record looks to police? How do I go about doing this? This one is particularly confusing since I seem to be getting contradictory info.

Anything/everything's helpful and appreciated. Thanks!

-Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California