Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 24,804 times

Advertisements

how long does it take to receive benefits in the edd debit card i turned in my claim on sunday and as of today which is thursday i still havent receive anything...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 07:14 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,560 times
Money for not working no matter where and how it comes should never recive a complaint.... Get another job and you wont have to complain how tough it is ot getting a check on time

I have zero sympathy for any not seriously disabled person getting anything the the rest of us have to [also] pay for

Old 06-26-2012, 12:51 PM

16 posts, read 47,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Money for not working no matter where and how it comes should never receive a complaint.... Get another job and you wont have to complain how tough it is ot getting a check on time

I have zero sympathy for any not seriously disabled person getting anything the the rest of us have to [also] pay for
Since I can't give you another rep point so soon for this (tho I would if I could).... +1.

I have absolute sympathy for those who are disabled or legitimately can't work (and infinite respect for those disabled folk who still get out there and earn a paycheck)...

I have none for those who can work - doing something - and won't, or worse, those who claim a minor disability or injury means they can never do any productive, meaningful, and gainful work ever again, so they have to be on the public dole that WE pay for out of OUR pockets.

(Oooh, don't get me started... )

Those who won't work because "doing that is beneath me, so I won't take that job". If you ain't working, there ain't NOTHING "beneath you", except your lack of pride and self-worth.

Or worse, work so hard to game the system so they don't have to work to earn an honest living, that if they put the effort of their gaming into a job they would make more than their welfare card can afford.

Or work a job just long enough so they can stage an injury or some other BS excuse to sue their employer to get the Big Score so they can skate by on someone elses hard work (and provide for their lawyer's upkeep as well)...

OK, I'll shaddup. I do know some places it's hard to find a job. But it don't mean you stop looking, and don't take what comes your way, until something better comes along. Or you make your own something, put 110% into it, and succeed or fail, at least you TRIED.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:36 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
CA has decided to direct deposit EDD (un employment) checks to a new debit card issued by BofA. My check was deposited to this new account/card last Wednesday, I get the card today. Truck payment was due yesterday. It takes two to three days for funds to transfer to my Wells Fargo account.

In what wisdom was it decided to deposit funds to a account and mail out cards a week later? B of A folks online and on the telephone were clueless.
And? Be lucky you are getting money at all and be thankful. Not whining like a two year old.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 24,670 times
How do you know when edd deposits the money on your debit card?

Old 08-07-2012, 02:45 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,033,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
CA has decided to direct deposit EDD (un employment) checks to a new debit card issued by BofA. My check was deposited to this new account/card last Wednesday, I get the card today. Truck payment was due yesterday. It takes two to three days for funds to transfer to my Wells Fargo account.

In what wisdom was it decided to deposit funds to a account and mail out cards a week later? B of A folks online and on the telephone were clueless.
I have no good info to offer except that your thread subject line gave me a great laugh (thanks ) and BofA has, in my opinion, sucked for at least the last 12 years. When you can avoid them, it's highly advised.

Good luck.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:55 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,387,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abreyeag View Post
I am crossing my fingers and toes that my debit card comes in the mail tomorrow. I know that there should be two payments already on the card. Unfortunately I haven't received a payment since the beginning of August and I am totally in the red on money with rent due! My last extension ran out the week of July 24th and my last check was only for one week. I waited and waited for my new extension to come in the mail only to receive notice that I was scheduled for a telephone interview. This interview was to discuss money I earned in January of 2011 and they thought I hadn't reported the earnings. The money actually was from a bonus I earned in the first quarter before I was laid off in 2010 but my previous employer didn't pay the bonus out until 2011. Totally understandable for them to question these earnings except for the fact that this is the second time I've had a telephone interview regarding this. After this last interview the interviewer said she would have my claim form for the week ending July 31st relased (note this was mid August). I received the form, filled it out and mailed it in the same day it came in the mail. When I was expecting to receive my next check I received a letter that stated I would be receiving my payments via the EDD debit card and that it would come in the mail "no later" than five business days from the date I received the letter which was Monday, 8/29. Since I mailed in the claim form for the week ending July 31st I have now received and mailed two more claim forms. One the automated EDD line says was paid on the 31st and another that I mailed today. I ended up calling BofA today to see if I could find out if/when the card was mailed and was told it was mailed on the 29th and was coming from Tennessee. Although I am very thankful for my unemployment benefits I am quite frustrated that I have used up all of my rainy day funds for this entire month of August waiting for my next payment.....ugh
From TENNESSEE????????

NO one in California able to handle the job??? Humm, wonder how much CA cash went to TN to pay for this?

Old 08-07-2012, 02:57 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,387,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyTXsmile View Post
I have no good info to offer except that your thread subject line gave me a great laugh (thanks ) and BofA has, in my opinion, sucked for at least the last 12 years. When you can avoid them, it's highly advised.

Good luck.
Bof A is making lots of money on this. It takes 24 hours to transfer money these days, but they hold it for 2 to 3 and make money on it while it is IN the Bank.

Campaign contribution's to who......

Old 08-07-2012, 03:19 PM

570 posts, read 1,729,427 times
i worked in EDD for about 2 years as a software developer, left like 6months ago for another project.
Once you get the card, you guys should able to get the money faster than mailing a check to you guys. I don't know what's the complain. This project helps EDD to save millions each year, depends on how many people apply for UI.
Everything is automatic. No need human to process checks. No need to pay millions each year to USPS just to send out checks.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:17 PM

38,865 posts, read 22,854,503 times
This thread was supposed to be moved to the Unemployment forum, so I created another one there on this same topic.

Back when I was still collecting unemployment benefits, I would certify my claim online on a Sunday and I would usually have the funds in my credit union checking account by Tuesday. I remembered having to go to the EDD debit card's website after receiving the card to set up a recurring transfer to my account, which pretty much worked flawlessly.

Now I have no need for this debit card since my benefits ran out back in May of this year and I was able to secure a job about a month later. After being out of work for a year and a half, it's great to be able to earn a paycheck again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California