Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:42 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
More stupid asinine decisions by the Liberal Aristocracy in the Legislature.

Just got off the phone with my Representatives offices telling them to support this bill, get it thru committee and pass it. Put your threads and posts where your mouths are liberals and do the same.

The whole story:
Waste Connections threatens to move to Texas - Sacramento Business, Housing Market News | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/2011/09/01/3876485/waste-connections-threatens-to.html - broken link)
Thanks for that, I will be happy to send them a thank you card, now, only 2 million more businesses to go, dang, that is a lot of thank you cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
... especially if the knob is low ... but do go ... (Teddy needs more space for his gardening)
Now that is funny, I don't care who you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Don't you know that the liberals want businesses to leave California. They want higher unemployment, higher taxes, higher fee's and more illegals to come to California to overload the system. This action to crash the system has been in place for many years and they finally see the goal posts within reach ... the Cloward-Piven goal post!
However don was even funnier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
The extreme liberal activists, I agree.

However the rest are just following the herd.
Please tell me about just one extreme liberal activist, name, data to support your contention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Greetings real estate broker from Orlando. I'll make sure to look you up when I make my move to O-town :-D. Winter Park / Baldwin Park .. yeah
The catcher here is, "when I make my move"

Life is too short to live on flat ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 04:32 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Corporations have learned to become whiny babies and threaten leaving town whenever they want some sort of assistance from the government, or if they want their expansion to be aided by legislation.

*yawns*.

Once again, I wonder why so many middle class Republicans froth at the mouth rushing to aid these poor 'billion-dollar' corporations.

Its ridiculous.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:34 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Yeah man, all we need are cattle ranches and avocado farms! And the odd Edward Abbey wanna be.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Yeah man, all we need are cattle ranches and avocado farms! And the odd Edward Abbey wanna be.
Who claims to be a hillbilly? mmmm?

I like Abbey, Although he ruined the southwest. I write about my favorite wildland state, it ain't California, but I won't publish or identify places as I don't ever want it full of people.

Here, argue with this statement.

The highest level of civilization ever achieved was the Californio Rancho Culture.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:48 PM

1,504 posts, read 6,152,719 times
Ok, so here's the whole story, without liberal-bashing:

- In 1984, voters in Solano County passed a law limiting the amount of waste that can be moved to Solano landfills from other counties.

- Waste Collections built a big landfill there and has been violating the law for years as county officials were turning the blind eye.

- Last year, a lawsuit against county officials finally forced them to enforce the measure.

- Now Waste Collections is attempting an end run around the will of the people by passing a state-level law that would void the measure.

- When it started looking like the bill might not pass, they tried to blackmail the legislature by threatening to move their headquarters out of state.

- And neocons like Bulldogdad somehow interpret this as "stupid asinine decisions by the Liberal Aristocracy in the Legislature".

Weird. I thought that neocons were the ones supposed to defend the right to self determination, and opposed to government intrusion in people's lives. And here they are supporting a legislative action that would blatantly override the will of the people.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:53 PM

Thank you for that clear concise answer and rebuttal.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:58 PM

450 posts, read 1,407,452 times
LOL the biggest company in Sacramento is a TRASH company. They should just move their landfill to on top of the capitol building. What goes on there is already fishy. LOL.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:42 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coo77 View Post
LOL the biggest company in Sacramento is a TRASH company. They should just move their landfill to on top of the capitol building. What goes on there is already fishy. LOL.
Garbage in ... Garbage out

Old 09-01-2011, 10:32 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,698,331 times
Facts are so much less fun than mouthbreathing on the internetz.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:17 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith143 View Post
Ok, so here's the whole story, without liberal-bashing:

- In 1984, voters in Solano County passed a law limiting the amount of waste that can be moved to Solano landfills from other counties.

- Waste Collections built a big landfill there and has been violating the law for years as county officials were turning the blind eye.

- Last year, a lawsuit against county officials finally forced them to enforce the measure.

- Now Waste Collections is attempting an end run around the will of the people by passing a state-level law that would void the measure.

- When it started looking like the bill might not pass, they tried to blackmail the legislature by threatening to move their headquarters out of state.

- And neocons like Bulldogdad somehow interpret this as "stupid asinine decisions by the Liberal Aristocracy in the Legislature".

Weird. I thought that neocons were the ones supposed to defend the right to self determination, and opposed to government intrusion in people's lives. And here they are supporting a legislative action that would blatantly override the will of the people.
Well as usual lets get to the real facts of the case:

1984's Measure E passed by initiative vote in Solano County.

1989 the State Passed California's Integrated Waste Management Act. Which superseded and invalidated measure E because it violated the provisions of the IWMA.

In 1992 Formal Opinions were issued by Solano County Counsel and California Legislative Counsel that Measure E was unconstitutional because it violated the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution. As such enforcement of Measure E stopped. YEAH THATS REALLY A BLIND EYE.

In 2009 a law suit was filed to force enforcement of Measure E again. In 2010 a Solano County Judge REWROTE (which almost unheard of) Measure E and ordered enforcement of Measure E. Judicial activism at its best

Then Attorney General Jerry Brown filed an Amicus Brief in the litigation against Measure E.

The Solano County Judges subsequent revision of Measure E and the enforcement order has been put on hold pending further review of its legality by the California State Court of Appeals.

AB1178 the bill in contention would have nullified the unconstitutional Measure E and any subsequent measures or initiatives that seek to undermine 1989's IWMA.

Currently AB1178 has been held until 2012 pending the outcome of the rewritten Measure E by the State Appeals court.

Wow so this so-called NEO Con actually agrees with the Liberal Jerry Brown, the Liberal Assembly Woman (Ma) San Francisco who authored the bill and the overwhelmingly Liberal Solano County board of Supervisors.

Will wonders never cease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California