Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 09:45 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,681 times

Advertisements

SolarWorld is laying off 186 workers in Camarillo

The solar industry in CA is going down the tubes. So much for those "green jobs". What the real kicker is they are moving to Oregon, of all places! Oregon is more business friendly than California??!?!?!?!

I don't know about anybody else, but from my perspective, the manufacturing in my area is leaving CA in droves. Lots and lots of empty building and parking areas where businesses once were.

More and more tax generators are leaving while the *******s say "dont let the door hits them in the butt." and leave behind all the tax takers CA better do something soon or else we'll come to a point where all those retired teachers, firemen, and police will be looking in their mailbox for the check that will never come. And when that happens,

CA will be the next Greece...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 10:36 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,185 times
The day that public workers/retiree's stop receiving paychecks is coming. It's clear now the economy is going into a deeper recession/depression. California government has already run dry the fiscal budget that was just passed in July ... that was supposed to last a year. With conditions getting worse the writing is on the wall. The kicker and the issue that will anger the public workers is the government will pay out public assistance to the people using fraud/abuse and the illegals before they pay public worker pension and pay ... it's the liberal way ... ... and those police will be commanded to beat down the protesters which will include their own friends and family ...

Old 09-03-2011, 11:22 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,546,238 times
Hate to break it to you, but every state (save for Alaska) has lost manufacturing jobs in the last decade. Even Perry's "Texas Miracle" lost 227K. The collapse of construction (a lot of construction materials are made here) and the constant bleeding of high tech manufacturing jobs to China are the main culprits. The U.S. doesn't seem to value manufacturing like some western countries do (like Germany and France for instance). We have a much smaller percentage of our workforce involved in manufacturing than they do. The mindset is that paper shuffling jobs will somehow take their place and we can keep our standard of living (which has been stagnant since the early 70s). Add in a wide open free market that actually encourages off-shoring and we all see how that's worked out.

Alaska is only state to avoid U.S. manufacturing decline - The Business Journals

Its a nationwide problem, although there's been a bit up an uptick the past year (even here).

Old 09-03-2011, 11:44 AM

3,722 posts, read 14,722,363 times
Don't let 18Montclair see this!

Old 09-03-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
Hate to break it to you, but every state (save for Alaska) has lost manufacturing jobs in the last decade. Even Perry's "Texas Miracle" lost 227K. The collapse of construction (a lot of construction materials are made here) and the constant bleeding of high tech manufacturing jobs to China are the main culprits. The U.S. doesn't seem to value manufacturing like some western countries do (like Germany and France for instance). We have a much smaller percentage of our workforce involved in manufacturing than they do. The mindset is that paper shuffling jobs will somehow take their place and we can keep our standard of living (which has been stagnant since the early 70s). Add in a wide open free market that actually encourages off-shoring and we all see how that's worked out.

Alaska is only state to avoid U.S. manufacturing decline - The Business Journals

Its a nationwide problem, although there's been a bit up an uptick the past year (even here).
Manufacturing jobs are leaving California for a reason. The California government is creating the situation by its policies and regulations.

On a national level ... last month there was zero job growth ... but yet the government still stands in the way and won't move ... but will only offer bogus job creating programs that are destine to fail, like green jobs, nothing but political agenda tactics ... using more deficit spending ... putting us in deeper debt ... increasing the risk of total economic collapse.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:06 PM

146 posts, read 89,194 times
Yeah, but the weather's nice...

Old 09-03-2011, 12:14 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
SolarWorld is laying off 186 workers in Camarillo

The solar industry in CA is going down the tubes. So much for those "green jobs". What the real kicker is they are moving to Oregon, of all places! Oregon is more business friendly than California??!?!?!?!

I don't know about anybody else, but from my perspective, the manufacturing in my area is leaving CA in droves. Lots and lots of empty building and parking areas where businesses once were.

More and more tax generators are leaving while the *******s say "dont let the door hits them in the butt." and leave behind all the tax takers CA better do something soon or else we'll come to a point where all those retired teachers, firemen, and police will be looking in their mailbox for the check that will never come. And when that happens,

CA will be the next Greece...
How many people did Tesla hire?

Old 09-03-2011, 06:26 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
The day that public workers/retiree's stop receiving paychecks is coming. It's clear now the economy is going into a deeper recession/depression. California government has already run dry the fiscal budget that was just passed in July ... that was supposed to last a year. With conditions getting worse the writing is on the wall. The kicker and the issue that will anger the public workers is the government will pay out public assistance to the people using fraud/abuse and the illegals before they pay public worker pension and pay ... it's the liberal way ... ... and those police will be commanded to beat down the protesters which will include their own friends and family ...
I doubt it if the public workers & retirees every lose their income. The legislature will be sure of that & they will continue to raise all fees incl drivers licenses, car & mobile home registrations & what ever else those low lifes can raise. I can see why many despise them but yet they get re-elected time after time. Ca is suppose to be in a recession yet my utilitys, rent, groceries. gas. etc comtinue to climb. WTF !!!

Old 09-03-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I doubt it if the public workers & retirees every lose their income. The legislature will be sure of that & they will continue to raise all fees incl drivers licenses, car & mobile home registrations & what ever else those low lifes can raise. I can see why many despise them but yet they get re-elected time after time. Ca is suppose to be in a recession yet my utilitys, rent, groceries. gas. etc comtinue to climb. WTF !!!
Everything is going up and will continue to go up. I'm just glad I sold my house because property tax will see a big increase. As far as public workers pay and pension goes, this is not at the top of the list for state government when they are forced to start the major cuts. What we have seen so far is nothing compared to what will happen. We are still pointed in the wrong direction at all levels of government and the longer we head this direction the more severe and longer duration of the pain. Even if we made a 180 now the situation will get much worse before it gets better.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:13 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
How many people did Tesla hire?
Is Telsa located in Southern California?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: