Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 07:00 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
Well duh.

The question under consideration is ..... does driving without a licence merit going to jail and having your car impounded, or does it merit a citation and having the car released to an authorized person.
A simple question for you. How many laws is a person entitled to break before any kind of action against them is taken? These are both Federal and State laws, some criminal and some civil.

With that, just remember every "law breaker" is usually desperate enough to break the law, it isn't just illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 07:02 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Touché. Excellent rebuttal.

+1

Im still not swayed but this point shoots a huge hole in my argument. LOL.
Thanks for admitting that. That gives you serious reputation point worthiness.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:07 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A simple question for you. How many laws is a person entitled to break before any kind of action against them is taken? These are both Federal and State laws, some criminal and some civil.

With that, just remember every "law breaker" is usually desperate enough to break the law, it isn't just illegal immigrants.
Yeah ... so let's ask the same question -- "How many laws is a person entitled to break before any kind of action against them is taken?" -- of investment bankers. Fair is fair. Folks want to crucify illegal fruit pickers who drive to the fields without a license? -- Then let's do the same to the folks who created their own licenses to crash the economy. One set of lawbreakers bring food to your tables ... while the others take it away. Oh yeah, literally.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:31 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
I knew this guy, he was the manager of one of those fancy golf tennis country clubs, drove a Corvette, generally with a young cute tennis instructor.

One day he got pulled over for some minor infraction, rolling through a stop sign or some such. He did not have a license, turns he hadn't had a license in many years.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:42 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,697,846 times
Quote:

If your teenage son 'borrowed' the family car and got pulled over, would you consider it fair and just that he be imprisoned and the car seized? Of course not, you'd want to get punished somehow but you'd expect the police to call you to come get him and the car.

THAT'S the issue under discussion, the illegal alien angle is just a red herring to get the usual C-D crowd all riled up.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:55 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,299,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I knew this guy, he was the manager of one of those fancy golf tennis country clubs, drove a Corvette, generally with a young cute tennis instructor.

One day he got pulled over for some minor infraction, rolling through a stop sign or some such. He did not have a license, turns he hadn't had a license in many years.
I hope his car was impounded and he received a stiff fine.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:55 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Given his "history, one has to wonder if One Bill Gil's district has anything but illegals living in it since that seems to be the only constituency he responds to and addresses.

He ought to be impeached!
Looking at this map of his district, it would be safe to say that it could be rather difficult to find very many residents of the area whose first language is English.
45th District Map - Assemblymember Gil Cedillo Representing the 45th California Assembly District

Old 09-13-2011, 10:17 PM

880 posts, read 1,800,214 times
Quote:
You do realize that this creates two sets of laws in our Society. The reason LE don't mess with illegals is because they will not have id on them, won't be in our database and when stopped simply LIE. It's a complete waste of time to issue a citation as they will lie about who they are, where they live and sure as @#%$ won't be paying the fine or showing up in court.

That's the biggest reason PD needs to be involved with immigration otherwise we have a completely different, more lenient set of laws for illegals.
I was hit at an intersection by an illegal who ran a red light a few years back. When the CHP showed up the guy had no form of id whatsoever and of course the registration was in someone else's name. I later found out they completed the release of liability form without entering the info for the new owner, I didn't know you could do that either.

When the cop asks for his name and address for the citation it's basically,

Joe Blow,
123 Nowhere street

Actually when I got a copy of the crash report the guy left his address blank

So you have this people who you can't identify driving a car under nobody's name and with no insurance, these are 4 wheeled ticking time bombs and if you're unfortunate enough to get in an accident with them, you end up footing the bill even if it's their fault.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:57 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
I was hit at an intersection by an illegal who ran a red light a few years back. When the CHP showed up the guy had no form of id whatsoever and of course the registration was in someone else's name. I later found out they completed the release of liability form without entering the info for the new owner, I didn't know you could do that either.

When the cop asks for his name and address for the citation it's basically,

Joe Blow,
123 Nowhere street

Actually when I got a copy of the crash report the guy left his address blank

So you have this people who you can't identify driving a car under nobody's name and with no insurance, these are 4 wheeled ticking time bombs and if you're unfortunate enough to get in an accident with them, you end up footing the bill even if it's their fault.
Interesting. And you know the scofflaw was an illegal how? He write that on the report? You had no address to follow up on. Never seen the guy again. He probably looked Hispanic and spoke with an accent. Therefore, put two and two together and you came up with five, right?

Wouldn't surprise me if he was an illegal, true. Wouldn't surprise me either if you just assume so because you think it's fine to make assumptions as long as they reflect badly on illegals ... because if you're wrong, who cares? Right?

I was hit by a drunk while I was riding my bicycle once. He took off. I could call him an illegal, too.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:14 PM

880 posts, read 1,800,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Interesting. And you know the scofflaw was an illegal how? He write that on the report? You had no address to follow up on. Never seen the guy again. He probably looked Hispanic and spoke with an accent. Therefore, put two and two together and you came up with five, right?

Wouldn't surprise me if he was an illegal, true. Wouldn't surprise me either if you just assume so because you think it's fine to make assumptions as long as they reflect badly on illegals ... because if you're wrong, who cares? Right?

I was hit by a drunk while I was riding my bicycle once. He took off. I could call him an illegal, too.
Hmmm, lets see, they guy spoke about 2 words of English and had zero documents on him and was on his way to a community chalked full of illegals, North fair oaks, CA. Here's a little except from Wiki,

"North Fair Oaks is a census-designated place and district for the purposes of the United States census in an unincorporated area of San Mateo County adjacent to Redwood City, Atherton, and Menlo Park. As of the 2010 census the area had a total population of 14,687. Because of the large number of residents from one Mexican state the area is also known as Little Michoacan. The larger area including North Fair Oaks and adjacent parts of Redwood City has a large Latino population and is known locally as Little Mexico. It is one of the most distinctive cities on the entire Peninsula, as it is one out of only three cities (the others being East Palo Alto and Pescadero) that have a substantial Hispanic population (the parts of Redwood City adjoining North Fair Oaks have more in common with North Fair Oaks than the rest of Redwood City)."

This is the same neighborhood Nicky Diaz is from, you know, Meg Whitman's illegal maid.

Yeah, call me crazy, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say he's probably illegal. Or of course I could use your logic and assume he's probably the CEO of some large company like IBM. Yeah, I wasn't born yesterday.

Last edited by Hwy phantom; 09-13-2011 at 11:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California