Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 11:08 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,504,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
.... I guess you missed the logic portion of your imaginary education at MIT...or wait was it CMU? Hard to keep up with the lies.

... In case you are :
It's CMU actually .. Snapped a quick photo .. Blanked out my name in case you try to stalk me or something ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Are you talking about the US? Because Europe has one of the best distributions of income in the world and has a ~$2 trillion export sector, indeed, the largest in the world.
Blah blah blah blah blah ...

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 09-19-2011 at 11:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 11:21 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,444,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
... In case you are :
It's CMU actually .. Snapped a quick photo .. Blanked out my name in case you try to stalk me or something ...

You little smarty pants! Lets go Zoom Zoom soon before the rain begins. My White Stallion is restless.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:25 PM

Europe is going to get bailed out a la U.S style. My money is betting that it will ..
Anyone who thinks Europe allows default and null and void bond contracts w/o backdoor compensation has their head up their behinds.. The rich getting hit the hardest? No, sorry.. try people in pension/funds and retirement accounts .. Everything returns to normal? Yeah, because it did for Argentina right?

"Argentina in 2001 defaulted on its sovereign debt and in 2005 restructured its bonds. "Nongovernment foreign investors — the biggest included pension funds from Italy, Japan and the United States — took haircuts costing them two-thirds of their investments," as The New York Times reports. While the Argentine economy has recovered and grown, it is still shut out of international bond markets and pays high interest rates to borrow."

References to Iceland escape the fact that it wasn't a government expenditure vs. govt. income crisis that caused their woes.. It was a bunch of reckless banks w/ huge losses that undid the country .. Iceland rightfully walked on them and as a result they collapsed and brought down the country's economy.. Places like greece/portugal/spain etc have no such excuse.. they simply have been spending way beyond what their tax revenue can afford ...

As far as iceland's consequences :

e financial crisis has had serious consequences for the Icelandic economy. The national currency has fallen sharply in value, foreign currency transactions were virtually suspended for weeks, and the market capitalisation of the Icelandic stock exchange has dropped by more than 90%. As a result of the crisis, Iceland is currently undergoing a severe economic recession; the nation's gross domestic product decreased by 5.5% in real terms in the first six months of 2009.[7] The full cost of the crisis cannot yet be determined, but already it exceeds 75% of the country's 2007 GDP.[citation needed] Outside Iceland, more than half a million depositors (far more than the entire population of Iceland) found their bank accounts frozen amid a diplomatic argument over deposit insurance. German bank BayernLB faces losses of up to €1.5 billion, and has had to seek help from the German federal government.[citation needed] The government of the Isle of Man will pay out half of its reserves, equivalent to 7.5% of the island's GDP, in deposit insurance...

Their stock market :

Currency was destroyed.. Their markets were destroyed.. Inflation has been running around 16% ...
If you think the Eurozone can sustain such a crisis .. or the world economy.. you are a bigger idiot than Barney the dinosaur ..

Good Day

Old 09-19-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
You little smarty pants! Lets go Zoom Zoom soon before the rain begins. My White Stallion is restless.
I had to TCV15 .. LOL, the clown was asking for it. And yes, hopefully we can get a ride in before the sour winter weather starts...

Old 09-20-2011, 06:35 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,784 times
Quote:
Europe is going to get bailed out a la U.S style. My money is betting that it will ..
Anyone who thinks Europe allows default and null and void bond contracts w/o backdoor compensation has their head up their behinds.. The rich getting hit the hardest? No, sorry.. try people in pension/funds and retirement accounts .. Everything returns to normal? Yeah, because it did for Argentina right?
you know what the big problem is ... or real goal is ... with the plan ...

The Titanic has sunk. We are in a 15 man lifeboat and EU is in a 15 man lifeboat. Both lifeboats have big holes with water gushing but the EU boat has a bigger hole. The people in both boats are bailing as fast as they can but they can't match the inflow rate but they can delay their boats from sinking. The EU boat is going down and the 15 people are in the water heading for our boat ...

The currency swap is being done with printed money ...

Old 09-20-2011, 08:14 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
Quote:
... In case you are :

Blah blah blah blah blah ...

I got to thinking about the poster stating he had joined 8 clubs along with a long list of other "accomplishments" back in high school, that combined with the constant listing of other "accomplishments".

Young men often buy huge tires for their pickup trucks, large and fast motos, pit bulls. These are classic over compensation endeavors. It appears that hanging out on internet forums listing "accomplishments" 24/7 is another one of those.

The 64,000 dollar question is why would a "dynamic" "accomplished" young man hang out on an internet forum constantly reiterating those "accomplishments"?

Old 09-20-2011, 10:28 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,078,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Well lets see ... you went from "Europe will be just fine" TO
No we haven't, you naturally ignored the key point....

Old 09-20-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Of course you did, sorta like how you snapped a quick photo of the Joker too. I mean...no way you could have found a picture online....

By the way, what happened to the psychology minor? And any reason why you blanked out the dates? And just in case you weren't aware, electrical engineers are well engineers and not involved with software engineering, but I guess you couldn't find an appropriate photo from the computer science department?

But heck, maybe when you get out of high school you can really go to CMU?

Old 09-20-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Currency was destroyed.. Their markets were destroyed.. Inflation has been running around 16% ...
Iceland is currently doing better than the countries that have tried more or less conservative ideological, namely "austerity measures". So much for that example.....

Old 09-20-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I got to thinking about the poster stating he had joined 8 clubs along with a long list of other "accomplishments" back in high school, that combined with the constant listing of other "accomplishments".

Young men often buy huge tires for their pickup trucks, large and fast motos, pit bulls. These are classic over compensation endeavors. It appears that hanging out on internet forums listing "accomplishments" 24/7 is another one of those.

The 64,000 dollar question is why would a "dynamic" "accomplished" young man hang out on an internet forum constantly reiterating those "accomplishments"?
Funny.. someone challenges and remarks that I didn't go to a college I did go to . I post picture evidence proving the contrary and some troll who is probably subscribed to my posts (and stalking me) on the site, decides to rear his head (you) and comment on a reply I am making to another user.. Do you not have anything better to do? The $1 million question is why do you think your flowery logic doesn't apply to you or anyone else who posts on an internet forum..

As you were troll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California