Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 09:20 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Yes, but very soon the money will dry up and the poor will be cut-off and really be poor.
True, they may have to suffer with only one car, and give up their xBox. Sad....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 09:22 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
The poverty in the US is America's shame. Such a rich land, such greedy elites.
With obesity becoming epidemic, this "poverty" really isn't a shame. More like a sham.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:22 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yes, let's continue to extol the virtues of these criminals. The same could be said of drug dealers - they also massively serve and are contribute to the economy. But they're still criminals.
We know that the 40 billion dollar agriculture industry of California is utterly dependent on illegal labor, and that the financial ripple effect of the 40 billion dollar industry extends into the hundreds of billions, but, I personally do not know the financial contributions of drug dealers, can you fill in the blanks there?

I would hate to think you are just blowing smoke.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:23 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
I served in the military in Vietnam with a guy from Missouri ... Joplin, as I recall ... dude had the most incredible ability spitting tobacco ... phenomenal range ... I understand there are contests down that way for that sort of skill set ... nothing else remarkable about the guy comes to mind ... guess that was it.
Funny thing is we have had PHD's as clients that could not tie their own shoes and I have yet to see anything dumber than a room full of self professed intellects trying to impress each other. and they (Harvard mouth breathers) have yet to solve a single issue in WA with their hot air. I am sure you could dig up a few very smart doctors, lawyers etc in Missouri if you really tried. And if you think the west coast of CA is bright....LOL, try taking a camera and talking to some of the youth on the street. Their bubble headed mothers in Orange County don't sound any brighter. Dumb is everywhere and not just the south. But I doubt that anyone without any real I.Q would understand that. You must stop believing in those left wing talking points...makes you look stupid.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:29 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Quote:
I think Curmudgeon is talking about legal immigration into the USA. You are supporting and defending illegal immigration into the USA. Big difference no matter what progressive liberal spin you attempt to put on it. You use the typical liberal tactic to through out statements as if they are fact when they are not but that does not stop you.
Most of our immigrants came here by legal means and even if they did set up communities they certainly hit the ground running and did blend in quickly. I credit the Vietnam transplants for raising very smart children and becoming a good part of our American fabric. A handful of the offspring may end up in gangs, but not at the high rate of other nationalities coming here and they don't seem to burn our flag in mass like others do. They just work very hard. I applaud the poster above...bravo.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:36 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times
[quote=MotleyCrew;20931088 ... Dumb is everywhere and not just the south.... [/quote]
Yes. I agree. I have seen quite a bit of "stupid" from places like Arizona as well.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:47 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Not true, check the decline in teen pregnancy rates.

Cut off the freebies

Perhaps you could tell us what these "freebies" are, and the criteria for getting them. I am not familiar with them.
Teen pregnancy is on the rise
Rise in teenage pregnancy rate spurs new debate on arresting it

Illegal aliens get welfare using falsified identification, they get welfare assistance for each child born in the USA, they get free medical care via the emergency rooms, they get free K-12 education for their children, they get subsidized housing, they get from many other social programs available throughout California and soon they will get the dream act for free college. There is even a push now for illegal aliens to get social security even though they never paid into the system.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:49 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
True, they may have to suffer with only one car, and give up their xBox. Sad....
They won't have things taken away that they already have but the money and services they receive will be cut drastically because the state is heading to economic collapse which means no money.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:57 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Yes. I agree. I have seen quite a bit of "stupid" from places like Arizona as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Dumb is everywhere and not just the south. But I doubt that anyone without any real I.Q would understand that. You must stop believing in those left wing talking points...makes you look stupid.
Given what's happening to our culture, I don't think there's anything dumber or more destructive than the champions, apologists and supporters of illegal immigration regardless of from whence it hails.

Just one true American's opinion!

Old 09-18-2011, 10:18 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:
Teen pregnancy is on the rise
Rise in teenage pregnancy rate spurs new debate on arresting it

Illegal aliens get welfare using falsified identification, they get welfare assistance for each child born in the USA, they get free medical care via the emergency rooms, they get free K-12 education for their children, they get subsidized housing, they get from many other social programs available throughout California and soon they will get the dream act for free college. There is even a push now for illegal aliens to get social security even though they never paid into the system.
I hear people say this, but, what are the regulations, who qualifies and why, don't just tell me this, please provide some facts.

I find it curious that people use the word free, regarding education, education is no more free to the children of illegals than it is to anyone else.

What you posted was opinion, you have not provided data.

Quote:
Date: 2/22/2010

Number: 10-014

SACRAMENTO

Births to teenage mothers have dropped to a record low in California, Dr. Mark Horton, director of the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), announced today. In 2008, the rate of births among mothers ages 15 - 19 was 35.2 for every 1,000 females, a decline from the rate of 37.1 births in the previous year and lower than ever before. In California, 51,704 babies were born to teen mothers in 2008.

“While the continuing decline in the teen birth rate is encouraging and welcome news, teen pregnancy remains a public health challenge,” Horton said.

Since 1991, California has experienced a decline in teen births. The teen birth rate in 1991 was 70.9, more than twice as high as the most recent rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California