Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 12:48 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times

Advertisements

"Play Misty For Me"...

Play Misty for Me (1971) - IMDb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I hate to interject a serious comment here, but here goes. I don't think it helps that quite a few of the visit California commercials have celebrities in them. Kinda makes those folks from out of town think they're going to run into them while on vacation.

I lived in a ski resort for a number of years that was popular with Hollywood types. I remember 2 things about them. 1. They're generally pretty approachable 2. They aren't acting on screen, they're pretty much exactly who they are in person. (Jeff Bridges being the exception).
How did Jeff Bridges act at the ski resort?

Old 10-10-2011, 01:00 PM

158 posts, read 332,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I hate to interject a serious comment here, but here goes. I don't think it helps that quite a few of the visit California commercials have celebrities in them. Kinda makes those folks from out of town think they're going to run into them while on vacation.

I lived in a ski resort for a number of years that was popular with Hollywood types. I remember 2 things about them. 1. They're generally pretty approachable 2. They aren't acting on screen, they're pretty much exactly who they are in person. (Jeff Bridges being the exception).

OMG Lindsey Lohan, Charlie Sheen?

Yeah, tell us about Jeff Bridges.

Just think if Hollywood wasn't in California. What would the state be like today?

Old 10-10-2011, 01:30 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsIzzy View Post
I guess the fools who flock out to see Hollywood stars at least bring some revenue to the area, right? I mean these people pay to go on tours of their favourite celebrity's van,
(fixed that for you)

*Sigh* ... I guess.

I just wish I got some of that money for all the harassment I put up with ... the Canadian tourists are the worst, of course ... ungodly people ... all over me like a cheap suit ...

Old 10-10-2011, 01:33 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,309,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
How did Jeff Bridges act at the ski resort?
Worse than his brothers, his father and mother

I was referring to the broad range of roles he's played, from the Big Lebowski, to Starman etc. Obviously a very talented actor.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:34 PM

158 posts, read 332,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
(fixed that for you)

*Sigh* ... I guess.

I just wish I got some of that money for all the harassment I put up with ... the Canadian tourists are the worst, of course ... ungodly people ... all over me like a cheap suit ...
I would definitely pay to see anything you live in *swoon, swoon.*

I would think Asian tourists would be worse though. They go to great lengths to get the perfect shot. Think young, Japanese girl at Niagara Falls

Old 10-10-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:

I would think Asian tourists would be worse though. They go to great lengths to get the perfect shot. Think young, Japanese girl at Niagara Falls
Going over the Fall's ina barrel...cOOl..

Old 10-10-2011, 01:53 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Quote:

I actually have three vans (and several boats ... I think six, at this time ... keeps changing) ... two on the mainland America side of the pond ... one in Hawaii ...

Keep your eyes peeled for one of the two coming to a street near you ...

and, driven by my chauffeur ...

Old 10-10-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
I actually have three vans (and several boats ... I think six, at this time ... keeps changing) ... two on the mainland America side of the pond ... one in Hawaii ...

Keep your eyes peeled for one of the two coming to a street near you ...

and, driven by my chauffeur ...

That bike camper must be made of Balsa wood...heehee

Old 10-10-2011, 06:12 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,698,961 times
I waited on several celebs when I lived in a nice part of Connecticut. I never was star struck. I was like, big deal. Next. My time is not worth less and I am not going to settle for poor service because I am not famous or rich, ya know? I treat everyone the same, with respect and do my job as best as I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California