Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2011, 11:04 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,837,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Not accurate, Americans have been obsessed with guns for a very long time, far longer than any current political issues, besides, what chance does any number of hairy chested macho men with guns have against and M1 Abrahms?

This idea that an armed citizenry could take on the US security forces is just plain silly.

The obsession with guns is the same obsession that many have with very large tires on their pickups, or owning pit bulls, it comes from deep insecurity. Probably from thinking that one is somehow less "endowed" than another
And even sillier is the notion that they'd know what to do with their country even if they could take it over ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 11:22 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,104,781 times
The homeless people aren't the real danger, MT. If they were any good at crime, they'd have a decent home and plenty of toys.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:24 PM

30,855 posts, read 36,746,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
But if we have to be a Wild West or a Mad Max type of a world where we must become one-man mercenaries ready to pull the trigger around any corner just to go out and about our daily lives...then something is seriously wrong.

Yes, something IS seriously wrong. The global elite are seizing control much more quickly than most people realize. They're just waiting for the right crisis (real or manufactured) to completely dissolve the sovereignty of all nations. The work goes on as I write this.

See:

David Icke
Sonia Barrett
Alex Jones
Jim Corr
Michael Tsarion

on youtube or google for more info.

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 10-16-2011 at 12:42 AM..

Old 10-15-2011, 11:50 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,837,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Yes, something IS seriously wrong. The global elite are seizing control much more quickly than most people realize. They're just waiting for the right crisis (real or maufactured) to completely dissolve the sovereignty of all nations. ...
The global elite are not "seizing control more quickly than people realize" ... they've always had control, since the advent of agriculture. You may value a handgun in self-defense against another common, everyday, garden-variety thug -- but all the handguns in the world in the hands of the proletariat aren't going to defend against the global elite. Guns don't grow food, or distribute it, or create energy products, or any other products that we all depend on. The oppressive manipulations of the global elite also make the world go round.

That all said, what is different at this point in history is the relative freedom in the last 60 years or so for the common man to join the competition climbing to the upper levels of the financial pyramid. Used to be a cadre of nobility ... now any clever sociopath with a knack for manipulation and a mandate based on avarice and greed can freely join in the raping and pillaging. Save your last bullet for yourself

Old 10-16-2011, 02:00 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,490,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
The global elite are not "seizing control more quickly than people realize" ... they've always had control, since the advent of agriculture. You may value a handgun in self-defense against another common, everyday, garden-variety thug -- but all the handguns in the world in the hands of the proletariat aren't going to defend against the global elite. Guns don't grow food, or distribute it, or create energy products, or any other products that we all depend on. The oppressive manipulations of the global elite also make the world go round.

That all said, what is different at this point in history is the relative freedom in the last 60 years or so for the common man to join the competition climbing to the upper levels of the financial pyramid. Used to be a cadre of nobility ... now any clever sociopath with a knack for manipulation and a mandate based on avarice and greed can freely join in the raping and pillaging. Save your last bullet for yourself
Any ways I can trade this Null? Long :
Lockheed Martin Corporation: NYSE:LMT quotes & news - Google Finance (lockheed Martin)
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation: NASDAQ:SWHC quotes & news - Google Finance (smith & wesson) <- boy was that a nice trade @ fear peak in in 07'

oh and don't forget Apple :
Apple Inc.: NASDAQ:AAPL quotes & news - Google Finance
The 99% sure love their iphones that cost ~$2-$3k over a 2 year period... Life is soo hard for them I know...
A wonder T/VZ/AAPL are rolling in the dough.

Awww, the good life.. where you let the savages fight among themselves once they've sat around and let their lives and country be given away...

Ohhh and don't forget to scoop up some Waste management .. Big bucks in the cleanup.. Healthy dividend tooo
http://www.google.com/finance?q=wm

Old 10-16-2011, 01:20 PM

50,058 posts, read 46,570,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
And what happens if by some unlucky chance you run into someone packing a loaded gun, who has it in for you? Gonna hope they get "freaked out" and run away? This is why i see no use in carrying an unloaded gun.
More concerned with Russian Boar that have been planted here in the last few years. I know a rider that rode into a bunch of them and spent the afternoon up a tree. They gnawed his bike up pretty good.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:54 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,627,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
More concerned with Russian Boar that have been planted here in the last few years. I know a rider that rode into a bunch of them and spent the afternoon up a tree. They gnawed his bike up pretty good.
You shoot a wild pig with a pistol, you are only going to make him mad. Better to climb that tree.

Although, I have never seen a pig, including the boar I saw today be aggressive toward anyone.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:22 PM

50,058 posts, read 46,570,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
You shoot a wild pig with a pistol, you are only going to make him mad. Better to climb that tree.

Although, I have never seen a pig, including the boar I saw today be aggressive toward anyone.
The article is in the Julian paper if you care to google it. My Dad had the horse he was riding get pretty much gutted by a Russian Boar. What do you do if you have buck brush with no trees? Feed it treats? Even a tame pig with piglets will take you over the fence if it feels threated.

.44 automag works just fine on hogs.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:24 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,078,539 times
carrying any weapon openly is a bad idea. you are telling what you are going to do.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:33 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,627,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The article is in the Julian paper if you care to google it. My Dad had the horse he was riding get pretty much gutted by a Russian Boar. What do you do if you have buck brush with no trees? Feed it treats? Even a tame pig with piglets will take you over the fence if it feels threated.

.44 automag works just fine on hogs.
Julian has a paper? Of course it is possible that if one corners, even accidentally a pig will react.

But, I see pigs frequently, I see rattlesnakes frequently, I see bears frequently, and see sign of lion, but, no forest creature has ever behaved aggressively toward me, nor anyone I know.

I know of a pig shooting, the guy used a .357, the bullets penetrated the pigs hide about 3/4 of an inch.

I think, carrying a pistolo for protection in wildland is completely unnecessary

I do carry a pistolo in wildland, but only to shoot my own stock if necessary. In 60 years of wandering in wildland, I have never felt the need to be armed aside from that one need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California