Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 08:26 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,680,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Yesteryear, many Americans died because of a lack of medical care and having children out of wedlock was not acceptable. Today, we have many medical advances, and birth control, but they cost the Amercian taxpayers; illegals demand handouts and mock our entire health and education systems. Amercans are not the ATM to the world and many other countries would not tolerate anyone draining the resources their citizens worked and paid for. It makes no sense in todays economic conditions in the United States either.

Today there are ESL classes available, which are also paid for by Americans, which didn't exist in days of yesteryear. They don't want to learn English but aren't shy about demanding services from the government teet. Interesting, they can't learn English but know how to work our system.

Open your eyes, it is all around. No crap as you stated, just the pure and simple truth.
Dear dear, there are 50 million illegals in red China.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Americans just need a better lobbist
Quote:
May I recommend a trebuchet?
I thought this was pretty funny, but I guess it went over everyone's head........ get it?

Old 10-20-2011, 08:52 AM

As I said;
Quote:
The pain isn’t felt just by the undocumented. Legal immigrants and native-born Alabamans who happen to be or look Hispanic are now far more vulnerable to officially sanctioned harassment. Many of those children being kept home from school by frightened parents are born and bred Americans.

The problems do not stop there. Farmers are already worrying that with the exodus, crops will go unpicked. Like much of the rest of the country, Alabama needs immigrant labor, because too many native-born citizens lack the skill, the stamina and the willingness to work in the fields — even in a time of steep unemployment.

The new law has also added frustrating layers of paperwork for Alabamans who must now prove legal status when enrolling schoolchildren, signing leases and interacting with government. After the law went into effect, the lines at the Department of Motor Vehicles in Birmingham grew so long that officials had to bring in portable toilets.

Alabama’s reputation has also taken a huge hit just when it is trying to lure international businesses. No matter how officials may try to tempt foreign automakers, say, with low taxes and wages, the state is already infamous as a regional capital of xenophobia.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:13 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,894,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I thought this was pretty funny, but I guess it went over everyone's head........ get it?
Yeah bubba, I got it last night ... and lmao ...

Old 10-20-2011, 11:57 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,392,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Smart foreigners. Who the hell wants to live in trashy Applachia? The point is to look for a better life, not one that is less desirable than where they came from. Just saying.

Also, your article is WRONG.

California is 27.1% Foreign Born according to the 2010 Census.

2010 California Population: 37,349,363
2010 CA Foreign Born Population: 10,150,429....27.1% of total
Smart foreigners, foreigners with hereditary wealth (something long frowned upon in Anglo Saxon society) ... the smarts and wealth not necessarily one in the same (many bone headed "legacies" at Ivies and other top schools from that wealthy group).

Meanwhile, there is a whole other foreign born group ... illiterate, of poor health, often having a criminal background, etc.

There are few from middle of the road groups (in the past, the European diaspora was generally of this middle ilk).

It's not healthy and long term will result in a socioeconomic tornado.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:00 PM

1,348 posts, read 2,856,774 times
The only issue I have with the large numbers of Mexican immigrants is that usually they do not have high standards for education.

I've met tons of Mexicans who are the nicest and best people you can have around you. But just as a group, the standards for education is very low. This is in direct contrast to many Asian immigrants like Chinese, Indians, etc who have very high standards for their children.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:08 PM

511 posts, read 2,450,385 times
Capitalism has a perfect solution for your problem below:

Hispanics (Mexican Indians legal and illegal) will do the dirty nasty low wage jobs and Asians who are higher on education and thinking will do the intellectual jobs. The few white people left will get the scraps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacramento916 View Post
The only issue I have with the large numbers of Mexican immigrants is that usually they do not have high standards for education.

I've met tons of Mexicans who are the nicest and best people you can have around you. But just as a group, the standards for education is very low. This is in direct contrast to many Asian immigrants like Chinese, Indians, etc who have very high standards for their children.

Last edited by Workaholic?; 10-20-2011 at 12:21 PM..

Old 10-20-2011, 01:14 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,170,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacramento916 View Post

I noticed you didn't mention if those immigrants were illegal or legal.

What separates the US from Mexico? Now think about what separates the US from China and India. The situations would be reversed if Chinese or Indians were our southern neighbor.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:29 PM

943 posts, read 1,320,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
There are some important differences between today's illegal immigrants and those of yesteryear:

1. Today's are illegal. (This should be obvious but it isn't to many).
This is true but the issue is more complex than the simple words legal and illegal reveal:

Nowadays an immigrant has to prove he is eligible to come to the US. The default position is that he is not eligible, and if he comes anyway he is an illegal immigrant. It is quite difficult in most cases to demonstrate such eligibility.

During the times of the big migrations of the past, it was just the opposite. The default position was that an immigrant was eligible, and the government needed to show some reason why he was not. For example, if a medical exam showed he had some infectious disease. So the default position was that he was a legal immigrant.

So it was far easier to be a legal immigrant in those days. Anyone could immigrate legally just by showing up and not have something obviously wrong.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:36 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,103,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
The food is, indeed, delicious when prepared well. As for the rest, I'd rather live in America!
I'd rep you more, but they won't let me.
As much as the food is good and as hard workers as they are, it's mainly the loudmouths that are consistently flying the Mexican flag around like it's still some place to be proud of.
You're here now, it's time to blend in and act accordingly.
It's alright to hold on to some cultural values, but when cultural pride begins to border on extremism, then I'm not feeling it.

I'm actually first-generation born Malaysian-American hailing from Illinois, but I'm American first and don't fly a Malaysian flag around everywhere I go.

That and the Dayak tribe I was descended from were head-hunters and some still are to this day!!!:shocked :
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California