Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 10:20 PM

30 posts, read 145,441 times

Advertisements

Ok so a year ago I got a job up here in the beautiful puget sound. It is great and all but the job wasn't and all of my family is down south. I am finding exceptionally high rents in Gilroy, SJ, and other places I'd like to live. They have seemed to gone up since even spring.

We are looking at Tracy. I will be working in outside sales in the bay area... all around.. my office will be in union city. I am going to meet with them tomorrow to see what the whole deal is.

But ya I live in apparently the 9th most desirable city in america, (Mukilteo) but sometimes home is where the heart is?

Any thoughts on Tracy's current state? Drove through recently on the way to a wedding in Oakdale.. seems fun.. clean.. and the city-data.com numbers look pretty good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 11:57 AM

405 posts, read 1,341,678 times
I don't dislike Tracy... but it seems like any other commuter town to me. Don't know what you need or can afford but that would help people here. I will tell you that 580 drive, from the Livermore/Pleasanton area, is a ****** in the early morning and late afternoon. I mean, traffic is backed up at 6:30 am, heading West, and similarly, heading East, at 3 in the afternoon. That's the major corridor for bay area jobs held by valley residents. Give that a lot of consideration.

Maybe your sales schedule gives you flexibility... otherwise I wouldn't do it. If you're spending your time in the bay maybe look at Brentwood or Discovery Bay. They've exploded the last decade and are reasonably close... though hard hit by foreclosures, etc. and you might now have a riff raff problem.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:03 PM

7,372 posts, read 15,962,600 times
I can vouch for that traffic advice. No way would I want that commute.
Do you have a town list for your outside sales job, or is it ever expanding?

Old 10-18-2011, 03:51 PM

2 posts, read 2,956 times
I live in Tracy now. I used to make that morning commute everyday and I must agree that its a major pain but from Tracy there are at least 2 ways around it through the hills.
About the city itself, it isn't bad. The south end of the city is very quiet while the northern end holds most of the businesses. It also managed to keep it's small sometimes busy downtown intact as well. Don't let the 80,000 population fool you, its mostly residential housing not much and all entertainment is in "The City", San Francisco. Tracy is nice if you like quiet, small/medium sized cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California