Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 06:29 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Have a Sam Adams boston Lager in hand actually ..
An idiot is an idiot .. Loved ones and friends have called me that name many times when I have done idiotic things.. I love them for being honest w/ me .. Pointing out when I am being one which allows me to identify the problem and fix it. I enjoy posting.. Relieves stress in between brainstorming/coding.. Wouldn't do it otherwise.

*cheers bro.. Grab a beer and join me =P
Ok then: I'll concur with your loved ones and friends: you are acting like an idiot ... cut it out ... you are capable of better.

Now, that said, strangers don't listen well to other strangers call them idiots. If you can't find value in all humanity, you need to look a little deeper. You clearly have the ability. I have no idea why you do not have the will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 06:53 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Which they'll be better able to do when the 1% act responsibly

Actually Dawg ... I should have said it's really a problem of the whole 99.99999999% ... because you and I, enlightened as we be, are exempt from all the bullsh8t ...
I understand their frustration I really do. Unfortunately most of these individuals need to look in the mirror for the real cause of what they are protesting against.

Where were these protesters five years ago when everything was rolling along hunky dory. I'll tell you where, they were paying me to put in $50,000 landscape jobs in their $750,000 homes that are now worth $350,000. What did they use to pay for that job? HELOC's, they just kept using the inflationary ATM machine on their houses. That is just one example.

For all your arguments with yeahthatguy, he is pretty much on target. Did the investment bankers take advantage of the situation? sure but only because the idiot populace and government didn't give a crap as long as the gravy train was still rolling into town.

I prescribe the three finger rule. For every one pointing forward there are three pointing back.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I understand their frustration I really do. Unfortunately most of these individuals need to look in the mirror for the real cause of what they are protesting against.

Where were these protesters five years ago when everything was rolling along hunky dory. I'll tell you where, they were paying me to put in $50,000 landscape jobs in their $750,000 homes that are now worth $350,000. What did they use to pay for that job? HELOC's, they just kept using the inflationary ATM machine on their houses. That is just one example.

For all your arguments with yeahthatguy, he is pretty much on target. Did the investment bankers take advantage of the situation? sure but only because the idiot populace and government didn't give a crap as long as the gravy train was still rolling into town.

I prescribe the three finger rule. For every one pointing forward there are three pointing back.
News Flash: Dawg discovers that people live by conditioning and acculturation
This is not "chicken or egg" ... money is a product in our present-day culture ... it is sold as "credit" ... the product has to be made available before it can be purchased ... the product "money" today is fiat ... empty, baseless, created out of nothing more than sleight of mind by a class of very clever manipulators ... and it was made available in dazzling packaging and variety ... it was / is dangled in front of people in mesmerizing ways, full of promises.

Are people foolish for buying fashionable trends? Sure.
And people eat doughnuts, drink coffee, and eat pizza ... they get heartburn ... were they foolish? Sure.

Then they buy antacids and go to doctors for stronger, prescriptions for their digestive disarray ... And those medicines come with a dazzling list of side-effects ... Are people foolish for taking those medicines? Actually, yes.

Where do people get all these things that make them fat and sick -- and broke? They get them from a class of people who know full well that what they create, develop, market, distribute and sell for profit destroys the consumers.

Which kind of person do you favor? Those who live life as it flows, even with all its blind foibles -- or those who destroy its dignities?

All life forms are easily conditioned. That doesn't make them empty of dignity and spiritual worth.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:06 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
This is not "chicken or egg" ... money is a product in our present-day culture ... it is sold as "credit" ... the product has to be made available before it can be purchased ... the product "money" today is fiat ... empty, baseless, created out of nothing more than sleight of mind by a class of very clever manipulators ... and it was made available in dazzling packaging and variety ... it was / is dangled in front of people in mesmerizing ways, full of promises.

And people eat doughnuts, drink coffee, and eat pizza ... they get heartburn ... were they foolish? Sure.

Then they buy antacids and go to doctors for stronger, prescriptions for their digestive disarray ... And those medicines come with a dazzling list of side-effects ... Are people foolish for taking those medicines? Actually, yes.

Where do people get all these things that make them fat and sick -- and broke? They get them from a class of people who know full well that what they create, develop, market, distribute and sell for profit destroys the consumers.

Which kind of person do you favor? Those who live life as it flows, even with all its blind foibles -- or those who destroy its dignities?

All life forms are easily conditioned. That doesn't make them empty of dignity and spiritual worth.
All of your platitudes aside, if I hand you a loaded gun, whether or not you choose to put it in your mouth and pull the trigger is your decision. Figuratively speaking of course.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
All of your platitudes aside, if I hand you a loaded gun, whether or not you choose to put it in your mouth and pull the trigger is your decision. Figuratively speaking of course.
Is it? ... What guides peoples' decisions? That is exactly the point here: tacit brainwashing. You apparently subscribe to the school of thought that says qualities and thoughts originate within each individual -- self-originated, self-determined.

I am not a religious individual, but seems to me that such definition belongs only to the concept of God. Each of us mere mortals are products of an infinite array of factors, influences and experiences.

Most curiously, I would ask: Why would you hand me, or anyone else, a loaded gun? -- especially exclusively for your profit?

Old 11-02-2011, 01:23 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,306 times
Quote:
Ok then: I'll concur with your loved ones and friends: you are acting like an idiot ... cut it out ... you are capable of better.
See.. that wasn't so hard.. Me = .. did the world end? did you just transition from being an caring empathetic person to being an a$$hole who doesn't care about anyone ? no ...

Do i care what you think about me? No ...
if you pointed out ways I was being an idiot and justified your statement would i listen ? yes ..

Quote:
Now, that said, strangers don't listen well to other strangers call them idiots.
Idiots don't like being called idiots... A person who isn't one who is called one will just laugh as it is unjustified... Note the response difference when the name is applied correctly vs. incorrectly.

Quote:
If you can't find value in all humanity, you need to look a little deeper. You clearly have the ability. I have no idea why you do not have the will.
I have the will and knowledge to see the world as it is and as it lies before me. I have the balls to call it like it is w/o being afraid. The world grows in understanding when those who have knowledge and understanding of it share their observations 'unfiltered'.. filtering and using cute language only further subtracts from that (at least w/ adults .. which i thought we all were here).

There is value in even an idiot (the investment class finds it everyday).

Old 11-02-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:

You pretty much summed it up. In 'keeping it real' .. one can gain knowledge and understanding .. learn from mistakes.. When you decide to coddle a grown adult and use cute language, is when you get more child like behavior and an idiot incapable of thinking for themselves. I prefer to 'keep it real' so that others may gain root understanding from the unfiltered and raw reality of the world.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:

At some point, as a human being w/ free will you have to take ownership of your life and the decisions you make. At the base you have an individual human being w/ free will .. How much influence the world has on you and what influences are largely under your control...

If you are not self aware enough to understand that you have free-will and control over your life.. you are pretty much doomed.. and there are a lot of people who are doomed.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Is it? ... What guides peoples' decisions? That is exactly the point here: tacit brainwashing. You apparently subscribe to the school of thought that says qualities and thoughts originate within each individual -- self-originated, self-determined.
Nature/nurture/a/b/c/1/2/3 .. hocked on phonics worked for me..
There's a whole laundry list...

Rather, the base understanding is that you have free will .. Free will which you exercise an incredible amount for which you determine what you hear/see/taste/touch/smell .. and blah blah blah...

I'm not a religious nut so don't even go there but i like the following as a parable :
O Be Careful, Little Eyes
Here I extract the meat :

O be careful little eyes what you see <- be careful what you expose your eyes to
O be careful little ears what you hear <- be careful what you expose your ears to
O be careful little hands what you do
.... you get the point ...
The world has millions of influences.. you best be careful which ones you expose yourself to as it shapes you.

Quote:
I am not a religious individual, but seems to me that such definition belongs only to the concept of God. Each of us mere mortals are products of an infinite array of factors, influences and experiences.
Not really.. the 'definitions' you describe are some of the basic concepts of psychology/philosophy ...

You either believe you have dominion over yourself or not .. If you don't .. well sh*t, wtf are we even talking about ....

You determine those factors.. I can will myself to walk over to my car and mow down 10 people in the parking lot .. I can chock it up to a violent video game after the fact... You don't invest time to understand yourself.. your brain.. your will.. don't invest time to understand the world around you and how it works.. you will have resigned yourself to nothing more than a puppet the rest of your life.. and sure, there will be people tugging at your strings until you die.. but you're the one responsible ultimately .. because ultimately you made a choice to be a puppet by not finding value in not being one.

Quote:
Most curiously, I would ask: Why would you hand me, or anyone else, a loaded gun? -- especially exclusively for your profit?
K, lets create the hypothetical as it relates to the world.. because your dumb ass was going to find a way to kill yourself anyway.. maybe in a manner that would harm others.. why? because you're a reckless empty idiot puppet who is waiting for a puppeteer to control you.. maybe for good/bad .. so, why not hand you a gun.. minimize your damage.. place bets you will shoot yourself and see what you do? I wish this could have been done for the many zealots who empowered Hitler.. world would have been a far better place w/o such idiots around.. maybe bets could have even been placed on their lives ...

So, this extreme is obviously a hypothetical to draw attention to the base issue here.. a similar example would be giving someone a $10,000 and placing bets on how they'd spend it... which happens every day in markets..
Understanding how the world works.. how many idiots think.... is quite profitable.. and sure, many have tried to do the right thing and teach them.. help them .. but have found this to yield no results.. some people love being puppets.. so, in many ways, handing them a hypothetical 'gun' and betting on what they will do is a way of hedging the impact their careless/idiotic decisions will have on broader society.. why? because you can't change their silly arses anyway.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 11-02-2011 at 01:54 PM..

Old 11-02-2011, 01:44 PM

Absolutely unbelievable ... the "arrogance" meter has just exploded ... 28-years-old and handing the world its marching orders ... wow ... medication time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: