Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 04:25 PM

14,635 posts, read 14,492,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utahooligan View Post
I was an educated, productive (white) resident of California who 'fled' after 8 years due mostly to disgust with the massive numbers of un-educated non-whites (yes, I mostly mean hispanics), their negative impact on the quality of life, and the failure on the local & state level to have the courage to address the issue.
There are plenty of educated whites (and non-whites) moving to California every year to pursue careers in technology & other areas, but people focus where they will. I always found the illegal immigrants I worked with to be some of the best people in California; extremely hard-working, ingrained family values, go out their way for you when you gain their trust.
I much prefer their company here in the Midwest to the redneck types who blame everyone else for personal problems they're too lazy to correct.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:52 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,489,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
There are plenty of educated whites (and non-whites) moving to California every year to pursue careers in technology & other areas, but people focus where they will. I always found the illegal immigrants I worked with to be some of the best people in California; extremely hard-working, ingrained family values, go out their way for you when you gain their trust.
I much prefer their company here in the Midwest to the redneck types who blame everyone else for personal problems they're too lazy to correct.
I am sure they are.. and I am sure given your carefree life that you don't care for the 'actual' cost after social services/lack of tax contribution that illegals have. I've come to learn, there are many people happily employed across the world .. w/ access to what they feel is a good life. Such people often have no care/concern to be informed/educated outside of these confines... They put their energy into their job... outside of it they are as informed as a newt.

If they run into a bank robber.. so long as he smiles as them, he's cool in there book. So long as people are coming, there is no concern of the reasons why people are going... Deeper analysis.. who is coming and who is going.. nah, got better things to do like hike..

So, often, their commentary is worthless in terms of debates on these matters. Meh

Old 11-13-2011, 05:53 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,833,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
You're as close to present day streets as the armchair in my living room .. and it shows in your commentary...
What kind of tricks did they teach you in your day that causes you to think like this? I'd love to learn them and be ignorantly happy w/ this subpar lifestyle in California.
What makes you think your streets are different than mine? Heh ... your armchair, huh? I don't even have an armchair. And I damn sure don't sit around. I see more of daily life than you do kid. If you are referring to age slowing people down, you're yapping at the wrong dog, dawg. I'm in better physical shape than most half my age ... and waaay better mental shape. Nobody taught me tricks. I learned by doing -- over time. And at the rate you are going, you'll never catch up. If your lifestyle is subpar in Calif., you are a slave to your own lack of inventiveness and imagination.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:23 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,623,774 times
Quote:
social services/lack of tax contribution that illegals have.
More ignorance of reality. How can one get these poor rightwingwhackos to understand that illegals pay exactly the same taxes as citizens.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
What makes you think your streets are different than mine?
What makes you think because you traveled around the block in your day that they are the same even though the world has changed 50x over? What makes you think in your older age and achievement you can make armchair comments about those who are trying to achieve and have any claim to validity .. I don't claim to have known what you went through or what life is like at your age as I haven't lived it .. Don't claim to assert you know what present day life is like for those in their 20's and 30's because as much as you'd like to think you're some magical being who can do magical things within 24/7/365, you aren't.. We are all human and have our limitations.

Quote:
Heh ... your armchair, huh? I don't even have an armchair. And I damn sure don't sit around. I see more of daily life than you do kid. If you are referring to age slowing people down, you're yapping at the wrong dog, dawg. I'm in better physical shape than most half my age ... and waaay better mental shape. Nobody taught me tricks.
No one claimed this.. I am simply putting your assertions under limits.. A concept that seems to escape you as you are all knowing..

Quote:
I learned by doing -- over time. And at the rate you are going, you'll never catch up. If your lifestyle is subpar in Calif., you are a slave to your own lack of inventiveness and imagination.
LOL, don't claim to know me or my success champ. I've done labor. I've done corporate. I've done markets. I'm headed towards a 1/2 a million dollar cash pool by the time i check out of California in 2012. I am in my mid 20's. I have a masters degree from the top school in America and proven performance beyond college. I've lived in the streets before getting a buck the traditional way and know all about them. I know how to hustle. I know how to labor and I know just about all the tricks you claim to know. I know I don't know everything and I'd never claim to make assertions about the time and period that you 'grew up' in as I didn't 'grow up' in it. Yet, in your old age far removed from having to work to secure a house for a family.. Farm removed from having to achieve financial security .. Far removed from what it is to truly grow up in this time, you want to sit around acting like you are big dog on the block who knows all about things.

I could live a fools life like anyone else in California. This place brings about no challenges that I have not surmounted while here.. I'm just wise enough not to sit around d*ckng around in this fruitless grind where there are other places in the U.S that yield far better promises.

If it doesn't apply, let it fly .. lots of your commentary applies in no way to me or my situation..

A clown shouts : Hey guy, prove to me that you are a moron.. Prove to me that you can stay here .. pay a million plus for a shack.. pay taxes out your a$$ w/o receiving anything in turn for it .. get stuck in a state that is on a downturn trajectory.. prove to me that you are not slave to your own lack of inventiveness and imagination by allowing me to take 40% of your income for nothing and still survive..

I laugh at said clown...

Old 11-13-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
More ignorance of reality. How can one get these poor rightwingwhackos to understand that illegals pay exactly the same taxes as citizens.
You can never get someone of intelligence to believe 1-2 = a positive number no matter what contrived names you call them... You can sure make a fool of yourself trying though

Old 11-13-2011, 06:36 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,623,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
You can never get someone of intelligence to believe 1-2 = a positive number no matter what contrived names you call them... You can sure make a fool of yourself trying though
You can babble, and you can prattle, that does not detract from you being wrong.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:38 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,101,372 times
OK, thread has run long enough, and is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California