Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 08:14 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,045,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
That is lame coming from someone who pretends to know the proper standard operating procedures of using physical force.
Pretends to know? Well, everyone on here who is screaming bloody murder about the brutality of the police is claiming to know - why is it only I who is not allowed to pretend to know?.. Oh, right, because you disagree with me.

That's an intellectually honest position you've taken, sir, my hat is off to you.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:17 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,045,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
"Sane is irrelevant"? Apparently to you.

If your opinions had any slight basis for considerations in the past, they sure don't now. And yes, moral authority is what it is: 'the duty of citizens to defend the foundations of their society against tyrannical usurpation'. But then, you wouldn't know anything about defending your country would you. Too busy in PolySci classes and trying to make the school debate team, I imagine.

And if you ever do find the bone to defend your country and society -- rather than engaging in vacuous, supercilious debate over techniques to physically assault citizens who stand up to challenge excesses of power -- and especially if you put yourself in the line of fire and take damage doing it -- whether by feeling the burn of the spray point blank in your face, or by the terror of being blown ass over teakettle and then left for dead on foreign battlefields to carry those scars for life -- then you can talk to me with some credibility about things like moral authority, sanity, and violent reaction to imminent threats. Until then your lips are merely flapping.

Now for another of your tasteless, demeaning comments about those who actually served their country, as you made in the past?
Sane is irrelevent when it comes to deciding morality - sure. 90% of the population could have an opinion on morality that runs counter to yours - you could call them all insane, but it wouldn't make a lick of difference.

Look, MOD CUT, and quickly resort to insults when intellectually outgunned - perhaps you should give up.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-21-2011 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: no personal insults, please

Old 11-21-2011, 08:20 PM

10,034 posts, read 9,518,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
No, I don't, and to think so defies logic.

The only people who could possibly equate that with pepper spraying children would have to be completely out to lunch.

Let us take one of your points. California has an agriculture sector worth $40 billion dollars directly. The indirect value, that is sales of tractors to lunch meat to work boots to used Pontiacs is hundreds of billions of dollars. That industry is completely dependent on illegal labor.

Lets take a look at the California Dream Act. How much money has it cost the state of California up to this point? The law was passed on October 9, to blame it for any negative financials defies logic.

Now lets look at the big rightwing whacko boogeyman, California state pensions... California 2011 spending, $415 billion, pension costs $29 billion, or less than 10%.

Here is the problem. There are those who prefer their ideologically based beliefs to facts.

Not a real good idea.
Of course the list I gave was not all inclusive but just a short list to show the pattern of insane spending.

LMAO.... 29 billion on a budget of 415 billion is ridiculous. 29 billion was more than the budget for transportation.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:21 PM

6,418 posts, read 8,288,203 times
Dude. A retired cop whose handle on this site is friggin Curmudgeon is disagreeing with you...

Pick up your ball and go home...

Old 11-21-2011, 08:25 PM

3,286 posts, read 3,943,236 times
Filthy hippies got what they deserved.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:25 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,692,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Of course the list I gave was not all inclusive but just a short list to show the pattern of insane spending.

LMAO.... 29 billion on a budget of 415 billion is ridiculous. 29 billion was more than the budget for transportation.
Like I said, there are those who prefer ideological belief to data, we call those people Conservatives.

Apparently a Conservative missed the part where I showed there was no insane spending on those issues a Conservative raised, not that facts mean a damned thing to Conservative.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:30 PM

3,869 posts, read 15,179,145 times
Luckily they didn't go to Ken State.

I didn't see anything wrong with what the police did.
The protesters were given a chance to just walk away.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:38 PM

36,666 posts, read 67,596,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
This is no doubt true ... but frustrating as it is, it doesn't change the validity of the movement issues ... and to take one's eye off the ball to look at the cheerleaders on the sidelines will lose the game.
Actually whats happening here is some players of one team are beating up on their own fans seated in the stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite
Sure, those kids sitting there were certainly provoking the police, duh. Come on, you usually are spot on..
Its been a long month over here and Im fatigued by the sight of cops and protesters alike.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:40 PM

6,418 posts, read 8,288,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
Luckily they didn't go to Ken State.

I didn't see anything wrong with what the police did.
The protesters were given a chance to just walk away.
Is that supposed to be funny?

Innocent people were MURDERED at Kent State...

Old 11-21-2011, 08:42 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,907,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Ahhhhh, the prattling of an old man.

So now, you've moved on to saying I can't comment because I've never been sprayed in the face with pepper spray? Geeze, you keep shifting the topic on tangents, I wonder why (I don't really wonder).
Never said you couldn't comment .. said when you have some experience to lend credibility to your comments, then I'd consider you worth a listen. I'm not shifting topics any more than you are, kid. Commentaries here, by you, by me, by everyone else, draw on examples.
We are talking about kids being pepper-sprayed in the face ...
we're talking about people standing up for their sense of justice ...
we are talking about the brutality of the police action.
You clearly have no experience in any of those three entirely and centrally relevant topics -- whereas I, for example, have deep experience in all three.
Check your pants for "shift".

And as for "prattling old men" ... heh, too funny ... now you may be a physical fitness nut and in great shape, though I doubt it, MOD CUT. In both those regards, this old man is in extraordinary condition sufficient (in both regards) to challenge the definitions even compared to youth in their prime. Not all old folks are shuffling around senile with walkers and wheelchairs.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-21-2011 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: stop making personal insults
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California