Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 03:46 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,760,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoFacts View Post
Most of Fresno and surrounding areas are safer than people realize. But there are areas that as you get more specific in a search you need to avoid.

If you are looking for rural or country then you'll likely need to look for a room to rent in someone's home (although you might also find a small house or mobile home). Just be aware that you will find a wide range of housing conditions, don't take the listing on face value. There are some good rural areas east of Fresno as well as north in the Madera Ranchos.

For small town if you do not mind a 20 to 30 minute one way drive you might look around Kingsburg. I know people who rent small apartments there and commute into Fresno. Kingsburg is a nice small town atmosphere still.

Clovis is nice but it is mainly family suburban living. There are nice apartments but realize the activities and services are mainly geared around families.

In Fresno the first place I usually suggest is the apartments directly on or slightly off Nees Avenue both east and west of Blackstone. Nice newer area close to shopping, activities and services at RiverPark. I've posted complex names in old thread so you might do a search.

North Fresno and Clovis are basically the same middle/upper middle lifestyle. Overall, Clovis is mainly a middle class suburb while Fresno as a larger city includes a fuller range of income levels. You are more likely to find the upper class in a Fresno zip code (such as in a home on the Bluffs, in Old Fig Garden, or in Lake Van Ness) than a Clovis zip code.

And the_city, don't forget Clovis (with almost 100,000 people) has no Macys in any of its shopping centers/malls while Fresno has 2 Macys. Clovis is about to about to see construction start on its second WalMart, Fresno is 5 times larger but only has 4 WalMarts so I guess Fresno residents per capita need nicer stores.
I don't have a strong recollection of how Fresno and Clovis is. I've only been to both once. I've probably stopped or driven by most of the San Joaquin Valley in my life.

And I don't consider Macy's to be high-class anymore. It's probably a middle class store. Whole Foods is more of an upper middle class thing and that's in Fresno.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 06:05 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashaste View Post
Thank you for your reply. The job in the city of Fresno. I am looking for studio ( or even nice room ) for myself in quite (prefer rural / country setting ) safe area
A studio in a rural area? I don't know about that. Rural areas are kind of hit and miss. I've seen mobile homes next door to mansions. The only studios I know of would be near Fresno State or maybe in the Tower District, neither area is rural or quiet. You might look for a room to rent in the Fig Garden/Bullard HS area, or NE Fresno or Clovis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California