Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 08:08 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_SoCal805 View Post
The Santa Maria Valley has so much grow potential. They need to stop turning vacant land into agricultural land . Commercial development should take over agricultural land. That would dramatically decrease the amount of immigrants living in Santa Maria.Take Southern Orange County for example. Decades ago it was just like the Santa Maria Valley, but now its pretty much developed. Santa Maria needs more high tech industries.
That is a great idea, we can import our food from Mexico or China, no sense in growing it here, right? eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 08:15 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
That is a great idea, we can import our food from Mexico or China, no sense in growing it here, right? eh?
How do you spell morons?? I cant believe someone actually said " stop turning land into agricultural!!"

Old 05-06-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
How do you spell morons?? I cant believe someone actually said " stop turning land into agricultural!!"
People say the darnedest things...

Old 05-06-2012, 05:57 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,763,183 times
Either of you live or work in the City of Santa Maria? By your profiles, I don't think so, so your opinions are heard, but not taken.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:49 AM

1,044 posts, read 2,768,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
This used to be real estate
Now it's only fields and trees
Where, where is the town
Now, it's nothing but flowers
The highways and cars
Were sacrificed for agriculture
I thought that we'd start over
But I guess I was wrong
- Talking Heads, "Nothing but Flowers"

Old 08-03-2012, 10:32 AM

2 posts, read 2,427 times
Default Bringing wealth to Santa Maria area.

Why not bring in a large central coast attraction! such as a "Sea World" or an "African Safari".
There is plenty of land area, and this would bring jobs to this area of all levels. It could become a
Central Coast family destination. The area needs more than winery's. Also, the mall needs a movie
theater, bring in a I-Max theater so people will come from out of town to see a move. Santa Maria
would be the only city in this area to have this type of theater. I believe both of these suggestions
would create jobs and bring in much needed revenue to this area.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:45 AM

168 posts, read 554,515 times
Have the cops stop shoot people

Old 08-03-2012, 10:54 AM

2 posts, read 2,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Farming alone is not going to solve Santa Maria's problems. It needs another large employer. A strong economy has a diverse economy.

A large insurance provider or a pharmaceutical company to accompany the expansion of the hospital is our best bet.
Why not bring in a large family attraction such as a "Sea World" or an "African Safari Land"? This would create
jobs at all levels and bring much needed revenue to this area. The Mall needs a movie theater, bring in a
I-Max theater, people will come from out of town to see a movie. The closest I-Max is in Fresno. Santa Maria
could be a central coast destination.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Bello View Post
Why not bring in a large central coast attraction! such as a "Sea World" or an "African Safari".
There is plenty of land area, and this would bring jobs to this area of all levels. It could become a
Central Coast family destination. The area needs more than winery's. Also, the mall needs a movie
theater, bring in a I-Max theater so people will come from out of town to see a move. Santa Maria
would be the only city in this area to have this type of theater. I believe both of these suggestions
would create jobs and bring in much needed revenue to this area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Bello View Post
Why not bring in a large family attraction such as a "Sea World" or an "African Safari Land"? This would create
jobs at all levels and bring much needed revenue to this area. The Mall needs a movie theater, bring in a
I-Max theater, people will come from out of town to see a movie. The closest I-Max is in Fresno. Santa Maria
could be a central coast destination.
Why would you want to do this? There used to be a theater down town, it was torn down to make room for a strip mall. North Santa Maria is rotting. AJ Spurs just closed for the same reason Central City Broiler closed. Anglos won't go into that part of town after dark. There are plenty of destinations on the Central Coast. There are enough buildings on the Central Coast, the last thing we need is more buildings. Course if the folks who want to send all the illegals back to Mexico win out, Santa Maria will be a ghost town with sage brush rolling down the streets.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_Estrada View Post
Have the cops stop shoot people
They will when they no longer have a reason to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California