Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 09:18 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,504,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
to live on flat ground, like freaking floridar.

Boring.
To each their own ! My milkshake definitely brings all the boys to the yard.. and they're like : it's better than yours....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 09:19 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,078,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Funny that you say that and are a lifetime renter yourself..
Why is it funny? Renting, so far in my life, has been the more suitable option. Doesn't have anything to do with not being able to afford it.....

Quote:
But if you care to know, I make anywhere between 105k-130k a year depending on my bonus .. I have over 140k under self management in my 401k... I have over 280k under management in a personal trading account that averages 8-10% gains a year (even in bad times)...
No....I really don't care to know. But you must understand...the amounts you're talking about are pocket change and don't entitle you to everything under the sun...in particular a nice home in the Silicon Valley.

Quote:
Why am I leaving? Because life's too short to pay 4-5x for something I can get elsewhere for 1/4th .. 1/5th the price...
Yep, paying 4~5x more for something doesn't make much sense... Of course, a home in the Silicon Valley is not equivalent to one that you're going to get for 1/4 in another area.

Now, like anything, if you don't think the price tag for homes in the Silicon Valley is warranted then don't buy one. Pretty simple huh?

Quote:
I guess I am just aware of things outside of this state unlike many others..
Yes....you're the only one that is aware that one can get cheaper homes in other parts of the country than in the Silicon Valley....never mind the fact that the vast most people in the Silicon Valley aren't originally from California....

Old 12-18-2011, 09:29 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,170,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Doesn't surprise me one bit, Californians had a chance to turn this state around in 2008 but they voted for the status quo. We reap what we sow.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:42 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
Quote:
To each their own ! My milkshake definitely brings all the boys to the yard.. and they're like : it's better than yours....
That sounds a bit.... Sandusky.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:02 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,558,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Doesn't surprise me one bit, Californians had a chance to turn this state around in 2008 but they voted for the status quo. We reap what we sow.
2008? Prop 8?

If you're thinking of 2010, electing Meg Whitman would have been an unequivocal endorsement of the status quo. If CA Rs were to ran electable candidates, perhaps they"d win statewide office.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:00 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,007,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
That sounds a bit.... Sandusky.
"I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!"

From- Sandusky, the movie.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Yes....you're the only one that is aware that one can get cheaper homes in other parts of the country than in the Silicon Valley....never mind the fact that the vast most people in the Silicon Valley aren't originally from California....
Very interesting admission .. One that I feel means a lot more than you seem to understand... I was a bright, driven, and an amazing individual that had lots to share with the world and many diverse people around me before I came here... As were many people... before they came here.. before they came here.. let that resound fromm hilll to hill and valley to valley.

My life didn't begin when I came here.. It existed and was beautiful before I did.. and.. It was great and amazing while I lived here.. and will continue to when I leave.

It's been real bro.. No hard feelings.. It just doesn't suit me.. Neither does what the alternative to not owning a home results in for me .. 3-4k a month rent for 30 years .. if I am lucky and it doesn't skyrocket.. which equates to 1-1.4 million dollars.. I'm sorry bro, but you can advertise all you want along w/ your friends.. I'm not sold on such a 'situation'. And this state has no more great offerings than I have seen elsewhere .. I mean, I can understand that other people think the world is flat and think if you leave the state, you'll fall off .. and that's o.k.. that makes them happy.. But I've seen alot .. lots of beautiful people and places outside of this state.. the people many times who make a stop in this state at some point in their lives.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 12-18-2011 at 11:37 PM..

Old 12-18-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
"I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!"

From- Sandusky, the movie.
The first line would be from :

because every time I open my mouth, it seems to bring all the boys to the yard.. and they are like.. its better than yours...

As for drinking milkshakes..

California does that on an annual basis .. Too bad I traded for a living .. one of my favorite movies was 'There will be blood' and wear this shirt I got off snorgtees when I do :

So nah', I don't let anyone drank from my shake ! I drink other people's malkshake

Old 12-19-2011, 12:12 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
Very interesting admission .. One that I feel means a lot more than you seem to understand... I was a bright, driven, and an amazing individual that had lots to share with the world and many diverse people around me before I came here... As were many people... before they came here.. before they came here.. let that resound fromm hilll to hill and valley to valley.

My life didn't begin when I came here.. It existed and was beautiful before I did.. and.. It was great and amazing while I lived here.. and will continue to when I leave.

... .
oh barf ...

Old 12-19-2011, 12:16 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
While I am the first to say that California is its own special festering cesspool, I think the criteria are stupid. What the hell does health insurance have to do with running a state? It's not the government's responsibility to cover your health insurance.

Please note that the 'best run' states have a population of like 15 people and aren't overrun with illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California